Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

Both games are very winnable tbf if we get our approach right. We should be expecting wins.

Expecting wins is when we've usually fallen down this season.

No need to set ourselves up like that second half, I'll probably be accused of being churlish to say that though.  We have a world class goalkeeping performance to thank for that result and it needn't have been that way.  First half was great and the 2nd half was unnecessary.  Would be good if we snapped out of this mentality that the best we can do is hang on for dear life.  Saying that, a marvellous result of course - one that we'd have desserved if we'd played like we did in the first half for 90 minutes but was actually pretty fortunate and Spurs can count themselves unlucky.

Both games are very winnable tbf if we get our approach right. We should be expecting wins.

Different kind of game plan needed for these games.  Is Pardew capable enough to set us up playing on the front foot? I have my doubts but we'll see. Hope to be proved wrong.

No need to set ourselves up like that second half, I'll probably be accused of being churlish to say that though.  We have a world class goalkeeping performance to thank for that result and it needn't have been that way.  First half was great and the 2nd half was unnecessary.  Would be good if we snapped out of this mentality that the best we can do is hang on for dear life.  Saying that, a marvellous result of course - one that we'd have desserved if we'd played like we did in the first half for 90 minutes but was actually pretty fortunate and Spurs can count themselves unlucky.

Yeah, it wasn't like last week where we got a great 90 mins, but we'll take a win every time  :thup:

Yeah, it wasn't like last week where we got a great 90 mins, but we'll take a win every time  :thup:

Eh, we weren't great for 90 minutes last week. :lol: We approached it similar to today but the other way around.

Eh, we weren't great for 90 minutes last week. :lol: We approached it similar to today but the other way around.

I thought Chelsea had a lot of players who could hurt us but we restricted them to just a few efforts. Considering I thought they'd win comfortably it was a great 90 mins for me.

Guest bimpy474

Not really, we limited Chelsea to just a few chances, we didn't limit Spurs at all, the most saves in a Premier League game this season today.

Guest neesy111

I thought Chelsea had a lot of players who could hurt us but we restricted them to just a few efforts. Considering I thought they'd win comfortably it was a great 90 mins for me.

First 15 mins was all Chelsea, we hardly had a touch for the 1st 10.

Guest icemanblue

Ended up with one chance from that spell. From a corner.

Daft to go through this again, but Chelsea was a very, very good team performance. Today wasn't close to that, but we absolutely did enough to win the game.

Spot on.

Not really, we limited Chelsea to just a few chances, we didn't limit Spurs at all, the most saves in a Premier League game this season today.

We invited pressure first half last week, same as we did second half this week.  If you don't realise that we got away with it because Chelsea weren't on their game then I'm not sure what to tell you.  I'm glad it's worked 2 weeks running but there's more than one way to skin a cat and ours always involves having a prolonged, deliberate spell where we're no threat whatsoever.

Spurs weren't unfortunate, they've looked shit in front of goal all season.

If they weren't up against a world class goalkeeping performance then they'd have won by 3 or 4 goals, the way the game panned out.  It's not every day you come up against a world class goalkeeping performance so yeah, they were unfortunate.

Still talking about Europe affecting us last year FFS. Just shut the f*** up and enjoy the win you cretin.

Feels like it takes something away from us winning, we won because they were in Europe and not because we scored a good goal, and because of a brilliant Goalkeeping and defensive display.

And fwiw, 9 of those Tottenham players didn't play Thursday and Tottenham had no travelling as they were at home.

Also, if Spurs players were tired, how did they run harder in the 2nd half than the 1st? It's such bollocks man, and it takes away from a very welcome 3 points.

AVB says the same thing for himself here. Its a crap excuse from Pards.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9019615/result-krul-on-spurs

Daft to go through this again, but Chelsea was a very, very good team performance. Today wasn't close to that, but we absolutely did enough to win the game.

Really?  I'm not sure how much more of a nothing performance attacking-wise you'd have needed to have seen second half to reverse your opinion.  Today we won against the run of play when you look at the 90 minutes.

Guest icemanblue

Really?  I'm not sure how much more of a nothing performance attacking-wise you'd have needed to have seen second half to reverse your opinion.  Today we won against the run of play when you look at the 90 minutes.

The second half doesn't change a first half in which we had the better of the chances. So, I thought, from the level of commitment and resilience we showed in the second half, we'd done enough to win. We didn't fall apart, and still retained some threat on the break.

The second half doesn't change a first half in which we had the better of the chances. So, I thought, from the level of commitment and resilience we showed in the second half, we'd done enough to win. We didn't fall apart, and still retained some threat on the break.

I think it was about 60/40 in our favour first half and about 90/10 them second.  If that'd happened the other way around in one of our other games we'd have been feeling more than aggrieved, and I doubt we'd have thought the other side "absolutely did enough to win the game".

We survived an onslaught second half, which could be character-building in itself and is certainly a positive now we've came through it, but let's not carry on like Spurs didn't deserve to win the game at a canter.

Guest neesy111

Still don't the Spurs were unfortunate, they missed loads of chances.

Missed or denied by an outstanding Keeper ?

Both.  Some poor finishing and some outstanding saves.

Not the 1st time it's happened with Spurs though.