The inquest

AlanSkÃrare

The obvious Pardew out, a serious look at our training/medical side of things because the amount of muscle strains etc has been ridiculous.

It's a good question, and one I've asked before. If our poor season is mostly down to injures, then we either need to take a long, hard look at improving things or we accept that the only thing that determines a good season or a bad season is sheer luck.

Out of interest can anyone remember the injuries we had under Allardyce (IIRC not great). I ask because he brought that ridiculously big backroom staff with him.

I'm not sure why I'm meant to answer that question.

You know we are stuck with him. The chancers who run the club will not to pay off his contract and the TV money is now in the bag so it is mission acomplished.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8146/wearerubbish.jpg

http://media.giphy.com/media/gRxjhVNfFgqI0/original.gif

IMO it goes beyond just Pardew being inept at the coaching and management of the first team squad. The real inquest that Ashley himself should conduct should involve all strategic football decision-making processes at the club.

Match day football

Training (General & match specific)

Recruitment

Medical (fitness, injury prevention, rehab)

Reserves & Youth development

Squad harmony & team building

Media & press management (pertaining to communication with the fans)

It seems to me that every single one of the above facets has been mediocre or dealt with a dismissive off-hand manner this season. It didn't seem that way in our Championship season or our first season back (even under Pardew after Hughton left). The first signs of it started last season.

Ashley should identify who is responsible for the strategic over-see of all of the above, and sack them on the spot. If that person is Pardew or Llambias, or A.N.Other. s*** is about to get serious next season with the increased TV revenue, and relegation should be an unthinkable thing for a club our size.

ok I'm going to address a few of those:

the training depends on how you view it, one thing last season Pardew repeatedly got praise for was the training and match preparation in the level of detail he seemed to bring on what to expect from the opposition etc, this is a strength as shown by last season in how the squad arguably performed well above itself especially at the start of the season with some very solid defending which is rare at this club. Its also a weakness as shown by this season in when that time on the training field is consistently limited by the routine of midweek matchs then it really started to show. In his defense (an unpopular notion I know) it was the first time he's had to deal with European football and the travel involved and the effect it has on league performance but clearly if as we all want we are to be regular in Europe and he is to be manager (again unpopular notion) then he has to adapt to it himself.

Recruitment/Squad Harmony and team building, related topics imho and this is a thorny issue, I do think we've recruited well this season the problem has been timing summer was clearly the time to get the level of recruitment we did in January done so the players could be properly integrated into the squad and they'd have time to adapt to English football. buying in 5 players in Jan that mostly go straight into the first team is an obvious sign something somewheres gone horribly wrong. Llambias already admitted this error so hopefully it won't be repeated.

Medical, not sure what the hell is wrong with things here since this is not a new thing or really a Pardew related thing but more a consistent issue going back years, just what the fuck is going on with the consistent level of injuries, sure some are just bad luck like Raylors or Kruls ones lately (one was on internationals iirc?) but theres been plenty of other niggly ones and it all can't be bad luck

The obvious Pardew out, a serious look at our training/medical side of things because the amount of muscle strains etc has been ridiculous.

It's a good question, and one I've asked before. If our poor season is mostly down to injures, then we either need to take a long, hard look at improving things or we accept that the only thing that determines a good season or a bad season is sheer luck.

Out of interest can anyone remember the injuries we had under Allardyce (IIRC not great). I ask because he brought that ridiculously big backroom staff with him.

Neither am I.

Guest palnese

Looks like he's staying afterall.

I'd bring in:

An attacking coach

A defensive coach

A set penis coach

A coach responisble for teamtalks

Another assistant with tactical nous.

That should solve a few problems :lol:

I'd bring in:

An attacking coach

A defensive coach

A set penis coach

Some. You appear to have missed off a fitness coach/medical bods. O0

Guest Bert Shaft

Seems like a pointless thread this one!

Be interesting to see if the Chronicles end of season survey about NUFC shows the same anti Partridge feeling as this and other Newcastle forums.

Fully expecting a pro Ashley and Pardew bum fest from them tbh.

I'd bring in:

An attacking coach

A defensive coach

A set penis coach

Some. You appear to have missed off a fitness coach/medical bods. O0

One could assume thats an entirely new staff with AP left nothing to do. Excellent :lol:

Still waiting like....

Pretty balanced view on True Faith -  www.true-faith.co.uk/tbawe.html  Also in this morning's Journal, Douglas says that the "cyber decision" has been made but "the stands"  view is not so certain. This ties in with what I've heard from many of my mates - mostly older, non-internet types  who tend towards the "give him until Christmas" opinion.