Who fancies having a thoroughly fruitless protest against Pardew?

Guest firetotheworks

We lost almost every away game and won some home games, as opposed to losing every game. And it only took £20m of investment to achieve this. Bravo!

Exactly.

If only we'd spent it in the summer, eh.  Could have been another 6 or 7 points better off sitting pretty in 8th.

We lost almost every away game and won some home games, as opposed to losing every game. And it only took £20m of investment to achieve this. Bravo!

Exactly.

If only we'd spent it in the summer, eh.  Could have been another 6 or 7 points better off sitting pretty in 8th.

And the football would still be completely unacceptable.

Guest firetotheworks

So with that in mind, who wants to put their words into action? over 350 people on here voted that they wanted Pardew out. Surely all of us can't be filled with ambivilence?

Guest icemanblue

I can knock up some "MAKE THINGS GO EXACTLY HOW I WOULD LIKE THEM TO" banners for this, if you'd like.

I'll make a "WE GRATEFULLY ACCEPT WHATEVER SHITE WE'RE SERVED" banner on a blanket sewn together out of my payslips.

That'll look good, actually. You going to be there?

Guest Gemmill

You can't stage a protest cos "WE THINK THE FOOTBALL IS UNACCEPTABLE" ffs. You need something a little bit more tangible to hang your hats on.

I can knock up some "MAKE THINGS GO EXACTLY HOW I WOULD LIKE THEM TO" banners for this, if you'd like.

I'll make a "WE GRATEFULLY ACCEPT WHATEVER SHITE WE'RE SERVED" banner on a blanket sewn together out of my payslips.

Working weekends atm. Wary of putting money into the club while the owners continue to take the piss anyway though.

Guest firetotheworks

That's not what our hat is being hung on at all, it's a by-product. It's being hung on getting Pardew out because he's just had a squad full of internationals in a relegation battle, absolutely needlessly and completely due to his own huge managerial flaws. We have absolutely no future under him. It's clear.

Guest icemanblue

Working weekends atm. Wary of putting money into the club while the owners continue to take the piss anyway though.

Ah right. Never mind then. Thought that counts. :thup:

You can't stage a protest cos "WE THINK THE FOOTBALL IS UNACCEPTABLE" ffs. You need something a little bit more tangible to hang your hats on.

How about Pardew's shit and come very close to getting us relegated in a season which could have ruined us as a club?

I bet your little eyes lit up when you saw this thread :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seems very... 'us', to the point of it being a cliched joke.

We're back to protests already?  :lol:

Name something else better then?

- Support the players on the final day of the season.

- Buy Coco and his friends a drink

Guest icemanblue

'WE WERE REALLY HAPPY WITH HOW THINGS WERE GOING AFTER RELEGATION AND ALL THAT. BUT, THIS SEASON HAS BEEN SHIT AND WE REALLY DON'T LIKE THE MANAGER. CAN YOU SACK HIM PLEASE AND SPEND LOADS OF MONEY ON A CLASS ONE WHO WE'LL SUPPORT FOREVER - PROMISE!'

Okay.

Guest icemanblue

It's just a depressing thought, to be honest. We all know how shit the season's been, the football's been and the manager is. That'll probably get dealt with in the summer. There's simply no need for protests, bed sheets and 'Geordie cliches'.

Guest firetotheworks

The media and past antics have got us frightened to act, laughing at the idea of trying to make positive changes. Everyone has a voice man, it doesn't mean we're all horse-punching mouth breathers. We have an opportunity to act and do it without it being reactionary, knee jerk, chest beating bull shit.

This is our fucking club man. Come on!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

At the risk of this becoming another copy and paste Pardew thread, very little has changed between this season and last in the way we've played football. Just results and the final league finish. Yet, no one cared last season as we lucked our way into Europe. Just seems very fickle to me, but then that's football.

Before the Liverpool game I wasn't even sure that the feeling of the 'everyday match goer' was the same as the internet crowd. I'm still not convinced it is. I'm sure people have theories as to why that is, but I'm not sure the final day of the season will see the level of protests and venom people want or expect.

It's just a depressing thought, to be honest. We all know how shit the season's been, the football's been and the manager is. That'll probably get dealt with in the summer. There's simply no need for protests, bed sheets and 'Geordie cliches'.

If he's not going to be sacked there absolutely is a need for protest. I don't care about Geordie cliches, I care about us improving as a team and I believe it won't happen with Pardew in charge. I'm not sure on the state of mind you'd have to be in to view people protesting for things they believe in to be depressing, but I'm glad I don't share it.

Guest firetotheworks

Inochi, nee offence mate, but if you think there's 'no need for protests' then I don't even know what to say. Pardew must go, if it takes any kind of minute nudge for that to happen, then I'm more than happy to be the one doing it, as are hundreds of people on here. Geordie cliche' my entire arse, this isn't a kneejerk, he's had an entire season and been given chance after chance, he's blamed everything but himself, including us.

The media and past antics have got us frightened to act, laughing at the idea of trying to make positive changes. Everyone has a voice man, it doesn't mean we're all horse-punching mouth breathers. We have an opportunity to act and do it without it being reactionary, knee jerk, chest beating bull shit.

This is our fucking club man. Come on!!

Agreed. Arsenal is the last opportunity to show what we think of Pardew because then it's the summer and he can brush this season under the carpet and start his absolute bullshit PR once more about how we're going to be better and have the "perfect set piece" again etc