How do the fans respond?

Dokko

I hope people stop buying merchandise completely, and that there would be protests/banners á la Kean, both towards Ashley and Kinnear. Would bother him, even if no effect.

I would not want people to give up ST though, ref the SBR quote - the club is way bigger than Ashley.

But the club IS Ashley. That's the whole problem. It's his own personal toy essentially and he can do whatever he so pleases with it. It isn't 'ours' at all.

Bollocks.  He might own the buildings, the player registrations, the pie stands and the borehole but the club is ours.

You're right but the sentiment counts for Jack shit; he calls the shots that have the impact. The only real thing we could do that would have an impact is to do things that will fly in the face of his beloved cash flow.

Guest bimpy474

Why in the hell do people keep going on about hitting him in the pocket. This football club is his little distraction from his money making life. He loses fuck all if people dont go, he doesn't care. We need him out, but the amount of money from TV and Sky makes him comfortable running the club without us. And he knows it.

Boycott games, Not buying shirts as a protest are all fine thinking and admiral, just don't think it'll affect his pocket. It simply won't. For that to even have a dent you would need everyone not to go and everyone to not buy shirts etc. Simply impossible.

Guest bimpy474

He loses fuck all if people dont go, he doesn't care.

wrong on every level

Keep on telling yourself that. The decisions he makes tell you all you need to know. He could just shut us down and it wouldn't affect his bank balance. The blokes a cunt of mammoth porportions. His treatment of the club and us are disgraceful, but he doesn't need our money, so he can just do as he pleases.

wrong on every level

Keep on telling yourself that. The decisions he makes tell you all you need to know. He could just shut us down and it wouldn't affect his bank balance. The blokes a cunt of mammoth porportions. His treatment of the club and us are disgraceful, but he doesn't need our money, so he can just do as he pleases.

well, this is wrong before i start

Don't worry Bimps. Kinnear will fuck it all up.  We'll get the club back even if it means going down the divisions and Ashley will throw away his plaything.

Guest bimpy474

wrong on every level

How ? He has so much money that he bought us as his little pet hobby. The money in this club has nothing to do with his fortune. And when he does need to put money in, it's only a drop in the ocean of his wealth.

I admire the sentiment and actions of some but it's futile in the big scheme. He's so thick skinned he just doesn't care, the last fews days tell you that.

Even if the team plays in front of an empty stadium and the best part of 20-30m's worth of matchday revenue gone, he would just be as nonchalant. For him to be truly concerned is if we go down the long tedious road of players leaving and replaced by trash, relegation with no realistic chance of coming back up for years, losing out on those tv millions and league payouts, and him practically totally losing out on his investment.

The current tv megadeal has only given him more leeway to engage in his warped ideas of personal entertainment.

The only 'realistic' way to get out of this predicament is for him to sell up and us getting new owners.

Guest bimpy474

Don't worry Bimps. Kinnear will fuck it all up.  We'll get the club back even if it means going down the divisions and Ashley will throw away his plaything.

That's it. We need the club bought off him. Hopefully someone will do that ASAP.

Guest bimpy474

Even if the team plays in front of an empty stadium and the best part of 20-30m's worth of matchday revenue gone, he would just be as nonchalant. For him to be truly concerned is if we go down the long tedious road of players leaving and replaced by trash, relegation with no realistic chance of coming back up for years, losing out on those tv millions and league payouts, and him practically totally losing out on his investment.

The current tv megadeal has only given him more leeway to engage in his warped ideas of personal entertainment.

The only 'realistic' way to get out of this predicament is for him to sell up and us getting new owners.

Exactly.

Don't worry Bimps. Kinnear will f*** it all up.  We'll get the club back even if it means going down the divisions and Ashley will throw away his plaything.

That's it. We need the club bought off him. Hopefully someone will do that ASAP.

Hoying a few quid on the Euromillions tomorrow.

wrong on every level

How ? He has so much money that he bought us as his little pet hobby. The money in this club has nothing to do with his fortune. And when he does need to put money in, it's only a drop in the ocean of his wealth.

I admire the sentiment and actions of some but it's futile in the big scheme. He's so thick skinned he just doesn't care, the last fews days tell you that.

how?  sorry it's just wrong because it's literally just wrong in terms of everything i highlighted in bold

there is no right, you're wrong

Guest bimpy474

Don't worry Bimps. Kinnear will f*** it all up.  We'll get the club back even if it means going down the divisions and Ashley will throw away his plaything.

Hoying a few quid on the Euromillions tomorrow.

Needs to be the Eurobillions like  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

wrong on every level

how?  sorry it's just wrong because it's literally just wrong in terms of everything i highlighted in bold

Obviously, i think i'm right and your wrong. The one thing we do all know, is we want the idiot gone.

wrong on every level

Obviously, i think i'm right and your wrong. The one thing we do all know, is we want the idiot gone.

"He could just shut us down and it wouldn't affect his bank balance"

this is just fucking wrong mate, sorry i'm sure you're emotional but bollocks is bollocks

Guest bimpy474

wrong on every level

this is just fucking wrong mate, sorry i'm sure you're emotional but bollocks is bollocks

It's not, He's a billionaire. He bought us on a whim. He has so much money coming in from his pile it high clothes fuck holes, and shitty shoe shops.

If you think we are anything other than his plaything your deluded.

I think the discussion is kind of irrelevant because Ashley knows, correctly, that football fans will never stay away from their club long enough and in enough numbers to make this an issue. And the protests will never be vocal enough or harmful enough.

Who owns Man Utd at the moment? The Glazers. Old Trafford is full every week.

The only risk is that the stuff on the pitch becomes bad enough to really hit the crowds... but again unlikely barring relegation. And what would the reduction be anyway?

If he cares about bigger profits it would have been in his interest to realise the potential of the club by having a well-managed club at all levels, focus on timely transfers that improves us, getting the club to be successful which in turn will generate greater income.

Yet he is happy with making a mockery of the club and its fans, appointing the wrong people on account of friendship, focusing mainly on bargain-hunting and saving a few 100ks, and us narrowly relegation with a top 10 finish being satisfactory.

We are his plaything. If we retaliate through season tickets and merchandise, we just get less or no money for transfers. Sadly we have no control over the happenings. The only way it will knock into him will be at the expense of the club being in the football graveyard, years upon years of not touching the PL any time soon.

The only risk is that the stuff on the pitch becomes bad enough to really hit the crowds... but again unlikely barring relegation. And what would the reduction be anyway?

Our matchday revenue is in the 20 to 30s of millions, which is easily covered by the new tv deal. So long as we stay in the league he won't give a damn.

wrong on every level

It's not, He's a billionaire. He bought us on a whim. He has so much money coming in from his pile it high clothes fuck holes, and shitty shoe shops.

it's a literal thing dummy

I think the discussion is kind of irrelevant because Ashley knows, correctly, that football fans will never stay away from their club long enough and in enough numbers to make this an issue. And the protests will never be vocal enough or harmful enough.

Who owns Man Utd at the moment? The Glazers. Old Trafford is full every week.

Imo this doesn't apply to us, Newcastle doesn't have that enormous amount of tourists. Sympathizers will never start a boycott.

That said, I still believe people should continue attending games on the whole, and rather arrange some kind of protests.

Side note; how is the "green and gold campaign" going?

Guest bimpy474

wrong on every level

Ok, conversation with you ended, no need for name calling.

wrong on every level

Ok, conversation with you ended, no need for name calling.

:pokerface: