Rich Sheiks move closer to Liverpool takeover.

Parky

I think you'll find the  Dubai mob won't throw money at Liverpool  - they aren't Comrade A @ Chelski

They'll want it run as sound business and probably will be willing to invest some cash but not zillions - thats the  way they run their other business ventures as far as I can see

Guest Invicta_Toon

The next year or two is a very crucial time for the PL. There are four or five teams who are committed mainly for financial reasons in pushing for a Euro Super league and this is the main aim of the G12 (or whatever the no is now). The clubs missing out on the initial quote of 3/4 from each league will find it increasingly difficult to get in later on as the financial gap will continue to broaden.

Needless to say there are huge sponsorship deals in the wings from multinational outfits ready to back a breakaway with or without Uefa.

will you stop peddling your ridiculous theories Parky

as I've already said, there is no market for this, it would cause expulsion from national leagues and FIFA competitions, and the prevention of those players playing for their national team

Breakaway shannanigans..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=373628&CPID=5&clid=&lid=2&title=Resolution+aims+to+stop+G14

"G14 was formed in 2000 by 14 of Europe's top clubs, and was joined by four more two years later. Members include Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United, and the group aims to ensure its clubs get automatic qualification for the UEFA Champions League every year."

I'm totally against it as well, but it is more than a threat cause it is commercially viable. I think sooner or later it will happen, Fifa can't ban any international players cause they play in a different or new league under Euro law ( They have freedom to ply thier trade as they see fit). So your talking oot your arse as usual Victor.

I think you'll find the  Dubai mob won't throw money at Liverpool  - they aren't Comrade A @ Chelski

They'll want it run as sound business and probably will be willing to invest some cash but not zillions - thats the  way they run their other business ventures as far as I can see

Are you aware of Godolphin in the sport of horse racing?

I think you'll find the Dubai mob won't throw money at Liverpool - they aren't Comrade A @ Chelski

They'll want it run as sound business and probably will be willing to invest some cash but not zillions - thats the way they run their other business ventures as far as I can see

aye, very true. People (ie some fans!) are getting a tad carried away if they think all of a sudden there will be £100 mill to spend in one tranfer window!

Rafa,

I think even you are understimating Liverpools footprint as a global brand. The Makhtoums are very status conscious and they will make sure Liverpool have all that is needed to be at the very very top.

Regards the G14 or whatewver it's called, Bayern Munich are looking to leave it soon as they think it offers nothing to them and does not fit in with thier socio-economic football ideas i.e. they are selfish and money grabbing wotsits who want to take a lot out of the game and not give much back, inevitably making themselves much richer and powerful and everyone else subordinates as such. Bayern think that there should be an even field with transfer spending limits imposed so that equilibrium is axchieved in the transfer market and the european cup is more competitive and aso the leagues. The ones who make more profits should  pay more to the development in lower leagues etc.

I quite like this german footballing utopia....

That's even better.

Lucky bastards.

As for takeovers in general, foreign or otherwise, rich people have always run football clubs, so I don't see the problem, but they're getting richer and we need to keep up...

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm totally against it as well, but it is more than a threat cause it is commercially viable. I think sooner or later it will happen, Fifa can't ban any international players cause they play in a different or new league under Euro law ( They have freedom to ply thier trade as they see fit). So your talking oot your arse as usual Victor.

I think you'll find the national associations have the power, courtesy of test case law after the Bosman shite

Guest Invicta_Toon

Breakaway shannanigans..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=373628&CPID=5&clid=&lid=2&title=Resolution+aims+to+stop+G14

"G14 was formed in 2000 by 14 of Europe's top clubs, and was joined by four more two years later. Members include Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United, and the group aims to ensure its clubs get automatic qualification for the UEFA Champions League every year."

so how do they ensure automatic qualification into a competition they are barred from

I think you  need to go and review some press releases from the FA and UEFA

"so how do they ensure automatic qualification into a competition they are barred from

I think you  need to go and review some press releases from the FA and UEFA" Vicky

I don't think you understand Euro employment law, there are no sanctions Fifa ( as per your original assertion) or the FA can take against individual players who are 'working' for their club whatever the league is they are playing in. There cannot be sanctions against players maybe clubs, but as the clubs involved using collective bargaining are more powerful than Uefa, Uefa will stand aside (as they did before when they introduced the group stage, (in the CL and Uefa format - bowing to pressure from elite clubs who wanted more games and less chance of freak results). I read that the clubs are asking for €847million Euro collectively out of the world cup pot as compensation and insurance for lending out their prize assets, I don't think they have any fears of Uefa or Fifa for that matter do you?

The elite clubs want to design a competition (probably ulitmately it will be a league) where they are pretty much guaranteed yearly participation with a small amount of space for promotion and relegation from national leagues to keep the essence but not the spirit of competition.

The FA...don't make me laugh! They are but pawns in all this.

good luck to them, liverpools board have always tried to do things the right way, and i think moore is as straight as a die, so i hope it works out for them personally.

they are light years ahead of us already, so it makes no odds to us if they spend another #10om or so a season on players a la chelsea.

Guest Invicta_Toon

"so how do they ensure automatic qualification into a competition they are barred from

I think you  need to go and review some press releases from the FA and UEFA" Vicky

I don't think you understand Euro employment law, there are no sanctions Fifa ( as per your original assertion) or the FA can take against individual players who are 'working' for their club whatever the league is they are playing in. There cannot be sanctions against players maybe clubs, but as the clubs involved using collective bargaining are more powerful than Uefa, Uefa will stand aside (as they did before when they introduced the group stage, (in the CL and Uefa format - bowing to pressure from elite clubs who wanted more games and less chance of freak results). I read that the clubs are asking for €847million Euro collectively out of the world cup pot as compensation and insurance for lending out their prize assets, I don't think they have any fears of Uefa or Fifa for that matter do you?

The elite clubs want to design a competition (probably ulitmately it will be a league) where they are pretty much guaranteed yearly participation with a small amount of space for promotion and relegation from national leagues to keep the essence but not the spirit of competition.

The FA...don't make me laugh! They are but pawns in all this.

Parky you're talking absolute shit

there are no special cases of employment law for football?

whats the transfer window then? The national associations have dispensation to set rules that may go against EU law, although I seriously doubt being prevented from playing for your country would be considered restraint of trade

These clubs would be completely separate entities, contractually competitors to national associations. There would be no restraint of trade between them. A player not registered with a national association cannot play for his country, that is a stone cold present day fact

Of course they'd be registered for their country, you think the World Cup is gonna go ahead without the best players in the world. This Euro league will happen, the only fig leaf I can offer you is that it might be some way off.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Of course they'd be registered for their country, you think the World Cup is gonna go ahead without the best players in the world. This Euro league will happen, the only fig leaf I can offer you is that it might be some way off.

You think they'd let their star players play in the world cup? Just imagine the fees they would demand

So, the FA would just let Micheal Owen play in the world cup, when not a single domestic thing he does puts money in the FA's coffers?

The FA/UEFA/FIFA are moving on their own contracts, and are raking more and more money in from their competitions. They would absolutely not play ball with anyone eating into their cake, i.e an non affilliated league.

Do you comprehend what affilliated means?

http://alialarabicolumn.blogspot.com/2006/09/slave-trading-arab-shieks.html

I wouldn't be quite so comfortable with allegations like this flying about.

Every now and then,there will always be a news about a takeover on one of the Premiership club.I wonder which team will be next.Anyway,back to the topic,I dont think a takeover for Liverpool is necessary at the moment.

To have any chance of competing at the top it is, and also to have any chance of funding this new bigger stadium (which is a part of competing at the top) it is.

I've been against a takeover in the past due to those wanting to take over! The mere mention of Steve Morgan makes me want to punch someone (preferably him). And a couple years ago there where strong rumours about that Thaksin Shinawatra wanting to buy the club, and again - that was something people where totally against for very good reasons.

But now, I think of all the offers that have come to light, this is the one that most seem comfortable with.

Guest Invicta_Toon

All this foreign investment is doing my head in, the heart of the game is being slowly ripped out IMO.

I hear they're going to shut all the coal mines too  bluebigeek.gif

All this foreign investment is doing my head in, the heart of the game is being slowly ripped out IMO.

I hear they're going to shut all the coal mines too  bluebigeek.gif

Funny!