The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Nothing more than they deserve. Been dogshit Barca.

Are we watching the same game? Deserved? Sure Barcelona haven't been good by their standards, but they've been controlling the midfield and had the best chances. Bilbao should've had a defender sent off as well.

Give over was it a sending off! Barca have been sloppy, Neymar has been awful, they were caught on the break regularly in first half. Was matter if time before they got punished. Best chance of the game was Bilbao's sitter from 5 yards which he fluffed. Barca just look a different side without Messi, hardly seen Fabregas in the game or Sanchez.

Are we watching the same game? Deserved? Sure Barcelona haven't been good by their standards, but they've been controlling the midfield and had the best chances. Bilbao should've had a defender sent off as well.

Possession isn't everything. Bilbao have been the ones creating the chances.

Give over was it a sending off! Barca have been sloppy, Neymar has been awful, they were caught on the break regularly in first half. Was matter if time before they got punished. Best chance of the game was Bilbao's sitter from 5 yards which he fluffed. Barca just look a different side without Messi, hardly seen Fabregas in the game or Sanchez.

Wait a second, bringing someone down when he's through against the goalie isn't a sending off? :lol: Also the five yards fluffed chance came after goal so it's irrelevant to your point about them having deserved the goal especially as Barcelona has controlled that midfield and Neymar missed two or three alone with goalkeeper. Have you watched Barcelona with Messi this season? Been pretty much the same side tbf, not too dominant but still creating plenty of chances, difference is Messi puts them in and Neymar isn't. To say they look a different side is pretty ridiculous, only difference is efficiency.

Seem to remember he has a pretty awful scoring record, more of a grafter. May be wrong.

Really like the new San Mames.

He's a grafter indeed. Goal caught me in the bathroom. Did he do the John Cena celebration?

Muniain got it. No Cena, thankfully.

Also these games where we look s*** made me realize how badly we miss... Xavi, not Messi. Our midfield isn't the same since his legs started to give, and Fàbregas isn't patient enough to play the same role (think he's great in the hole though).

:thup:

Xavi hasn't been himself this season, thought Barcelona has looked better with Iniesta - Fabregas. I'd play Neymar centrally and Pedro and Sanchez either side when Messi's out. Selling Thiago was seriously a terrible decision.

And VI, do you agree with me that this team has looked the same pretty much this whole season, even with Messi in, only thing changing is efficiency in front of goal? They haven't really dominated possession in all games this season and been playing a bit more direct.

Barca still look like Barca just tweaked of late when I've seen them, I guess sticking to their guns is part of their thing and has worked very well, but they still look like they'd get rolled over by bayern munich if that match was replayed, was their all that much alarm in the barca camp at that result? Or is it written off as a bad night and Neymar adds enough?

Wait a second, bringing someone down when he's through against the goalie isn't a sending off? :lol: Also the five yards fluffed chance came after goal so it's irrelevant to your point about them having deserved the goal especially as Barcelona has controlled that midfield and Neymar missed two or three alone with goalkeeper. Have you watched Barcelona with Messi this season? Been pretty much the same side tbf, not too dominant but still creating plenty of chances, difference is Messi puts them in and Neymar isn't. To say they look a different side is pretty ridiculous, only difference is efficiency.

Wasn't even on about that fluffed chance. Meant the sitter in the first half when he somehow bundled the ball into keepers arms. Barca deserve nothing and I don't know why you think they do. Bilbao have executed their gameplan to perfection so far.

Nervous about today's game. San Mamés (the old one at least) was always one of the toughest stadiums for us - just two wins in the last 5 seasons. And with our current injury crisis that back 5 looks pretty shaky.

Neymar to grab a hattrick.

So close.

They're really missing Messi by the look of things. Neymar is a good player, but he's not on that level, nowhere near.

Ibra 4-0, penalty!

How's the game been?

Lyon started the first 5-10 quite well, hit the bar once. Apart from that it has been PSG all the way, should have had at least another penalty.

The difference in class is huge, as expected.

The tempo has been quite low for the last 25 minutes with both teams sort of waiting for the final whistle.

Wasn't even on about that fluffed chance. Meant the sitter in the first half when he somehow bundled the ball into keepers arms. Barca deserve nothing and I don't know why you think they do. Bilbao have executed their gameplan to perfection so far.

I think a draw would've been fair. None of the teams have really deserved three points, both have had their fair share of chances. Still I'd love to hear why you think they look a different side to when Messi is on.

Barca still look like Barca just tweaked of late when I've seen them, I guess sticking to their guns is part of their thing and has worked very well, but they still look like they'd get rolled over by bayern munich if that match was replayed, was their all that much alarm in the barca camp at that result? Or is it written off as a bad night and Neymar adds enough?

Barcelona has improved considering they haven't really had Messi for big parts and have been strolling in the league until tonight. Problem is Bayern has improved even more :lol: Bayern look unstoppable at the moment. I like watching this Barcelona side under Martino, a bit more direct, not that stuck to the tiki-taka, but like last season, that defense needs some reinforcement. Adriano and Montoya had terrible games tonight.

Also these games where we look s*** made me realize how badly we miss... Xavi, not Messi. Our midfield isn't the same since his legs started to give, and Fàbregas isn't patient enough to play the same role (think he's great in the hole though).

:thup:

Xavi hasn't been himself this season, thought Barcelona has looked better with Iniesta - Fabregas. I'd play Neymar centrally and Pedro and Sanchez either side when Messi's out. Selling Thiago was seriously a terrible decision.

It wasn't our decision, just a botch from our DoF for allowing that release clause in his contract.

Regarding our playstyle this season, Martino has encouraged the players to take more risks and play more direct, which results on losing the ball more and less control of the games; thing is that we don't look particularly more threatening in possession, and we are more fragile as a result. The Fàbregas as striker madness has to stop, though. Why so many managers (Del Bosque, Vilanova, Martino...) use him in that role I just don't understand.