Morecambe FC 0 - 2 Newcastle Utd - 28/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 43

BlueStar

Went about the game in professional manner and got through with minimal fuss or damage. Nice to finally get a home tie which should be a good game. Last night is now over and done with, achieved the main target, now for Saturday.

:lol: you don't honestly think that do you? We were absolutely horrific and should have been two down at half time

Think what?

Professional manner: We kept our heads when they were trying to make us lose ours.

Minimal fuss: Was never really a point where you're thinking we are going out here.

Minimal damage: Nobody came out the game injured or lacking fitness.

Target achieved: Get through to next round

Nice home tie: Opposition is Leeds

Yeah I think all that actually.....

Professional in the manner they dominated us for most of the game?

Minimum fuss in that most of the game it felt we might go out we didn't score until the 87 minute?

Did they f***, man. :lol: I'm sure this will become fact by the end of the week, but it just didn't happen. First half, yes, they were much better than us. But that was more down to their physicality and desire, than us being outplayed. Second half, they barely threatened.

We were comprehensively outplayed for the first half.  That's simply how it is.

So from most of the game to the first half?

:ronaldo:

Just incredible that we aren't waking up to giant-killing headlines TBH. The sense of disappointment on the radio last night was palpable.

A fair few of our fans actually wanted those headlines, that's the worrying thing.

More worrying than how bad we've been for ages and the lack of investment? Really?

Guest icemanblue

Just incredible that we aren't waking up to giant-killing headlines TBH. The sense of disappointment on the radio last night was palpable.

A fair few of our fans actually wanted those headlines, that's the worrying thing.

More worrying than how bad we've been for ages and the lack of investment? Really?

That came right out of left field. :lol:

Went about the game in professional manner and got through with minimal fuss or damage. Nice to finally get a home tie which should be a good game. Last night is now over and done with, achieved the main target, now for Saturday.

:lol: you don't honestly think that do you? We were absolutely horrific and should have been two down at half time

Think what?

Professional manner: We kept our heads when they were trying to make us lose ours.

Minimal fuss: Was never really a point where you're thinking we are going out here.

Minimum fuss in that most of the game it felt we might go out we didn't score until the 87 minute?

Did they f***, man. :lol: I'm sure this will become fact by the end of the week, but it just didn't happen. First half, yes, they were much better than us. But that was more down to their physicality and desire, than us being outplayed. Second half, they barely threatened.

That was in direct response to Inochis post about the first half. We didn't get anything like a grip on the game until half way through the 2nd half. That's most of the game. Cheers though.

Thought second half we were much better from the off with Shola's intro. Have a go at the lads and pardew all you like, but end of the day they got through, accept it and move on to Fulham.

Not very impressive performance according to match stats!

Possession 52-48

Shots 19-14

Corners 4-4

Was it really that bad against a league2 team? Worrying comments about our so called first team players like Y-M, Gouffran etc  :undecided: Not exactly a morale booster for the team as it should have been a far more easier victory. Pardew can't turn it around I guess(not surprise though)

Morecambe fans are furious  :D

They are using this still to prove it was a penalty and red card

9621328518_c4399c8858_c.jpg

Firstly, that's nothing like how it happened and the foul for me was the pulling by Mbiwa which I could see from where I was standing.  They've ignored the potential red card for the tackle on Debuchy (you've seen them given)

I was disappointed with how we played and especially with Debuchy and Marveaux (massively overrated) It was hoof long ball usual stuff but at end of the day it was our reserves (Our Reserve Reserves?) and they had 11 lads out there who were having a Cup Final live on national TV

Got concerns over Mbiwa, if he's folding under League 2 pressure it's Liverpool 6-0 all over again

As soon as we brought on 2 vague bits of quality (Shola and HBA) we controlled the game and they didn't threaten.  If Pards had his first XI out there it would have been done at half time imo.

It showed our 2nd string is poor, that Sammy probably has found his level but it wasn't a disaster. We didn't go out like Palace, we didn't get taken the full 120 like Fulham or Everton and we didn't embarrass ourselves at home with a first team out (Sunderland)

Had the match been at home, we would have won more comfortably, and I'm not giving anyone undue credit here -- once we settled the fuck in we always looked the one capable of winning, albeit very late.

We've got a team CLEARLY still not confident and still feeling last season's hangover. The only way we recover is victories and strong performances on top of each other. If we go out and play good football and win vs. Fulham that will lift everyone heading into a little break. We need to build positive momentum within the players, that means getting a signing in, winning a few matches in a row and getting some well-needed luck in a match or 2 (or 3, or 4..)

Think what?

That was in direct response to Inochis post about the first half. We didn't get anything like a grip on the game until half way through the 2nd half. That's most of the game. Cheers though.

Thought second half we were much better from the off with Shola's intro. Have a go at the lads and pardew all you like, but end of the day they got through, accept it and move on to Fulham.

I have accepted it but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it, or what would be the point of  message board :lol:

Who do you really support Sanny ?

I know we are are a self critical bunch and some are even serial whingers but there's something about the way you post that just doesn't add up, despite your attempts to pretend you're just another "critical supporter".

Had the match been at home, we would have won more comfortably, and I'm not giving anyone undue credit here -- once we settled the fuck in we always looked the one capable of winning, albeit very late.

We've got a team CLEARLY still not confident and still feeling last season's hangover. The only way we recover is victories and strong performances on top of each other. If we go out and play good football and win vs. Fulham that will lift everyone heading into a little break. We need to build positive momentum within the players, that means getting a signing in, winning a few matches in a row and getting some well-needed luck in a match or 2 (or 3, or 4..)

:thup:

Think what?

I have accepted it but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it, or what would be the point of  message board :lol:

I know we are are a self critical bunch and some are even serial whingers but there's something about the way you post that just doesn't add up, despite your attempts to pretend you're just another "critical supporter".

Dear god man,  can I not be fucking fed up with the state of my club without being accused of not being a fan? This RTG. I support newcastle, I was born there, I went toy first game when I was five years old. Want a pic of my shirts? Got a pic of me celebrating against west brom, you need to see that?

Get NUFC 4EVA tattooed on your face until then I shall regard you as a mackem.

Awful performance all round. First half was disgraceful, in the second we got better as it went on, but so we should as our fitness levels are much higher. They faded while tired minds and legs gave us a way in.

Overall an embarrassing night, I just hope it hasn't extended Pardews stay in any way, I think had they scored 1 or 2 in the first half today we'd be reading about a huge amount of pressure on Pardews position at the club. As it is he's got away with it.

Think what?

Dear god man,  can I not be fucking fed up with the state of my club without being accused of not being a fan? This RTG. I support newcastle, I was born there, I went toy first game when I was five years old. Want a pic of my shirts? Got a pic of me celebrating against west brom, you need to see that?

mmmm.... cracking under interrogation.....

Think what?

Dear god man,  can I not be f***ing fed up with the state of my club without being accused of not being a fan? This RTG. I support newcastle, I was born there, I went toy first game when I was five years old. Want a pic of my shirts? Got a pic of me celebrating against west brom, you need to see that?

mmmm.... cracking under interrogation.....

You got me. PDC Marra, 0-3, 92ers, 9-1 FTM

"King Kev" was enough for me like.

Never thought I'd see 2 Ameobis on the scoresheet like. That's surely the sign of the apocalypse?

In all seriousness though, Sammy deserved his goal, he at least tried to make things happen. The other positives were Good and Dummett, both looked very composed - they've got bright futures ahead of them. Positives aside though, last night's game made me very angry but hey ho, we won didn't we? Please, please, please build on this win lads.

Peter Monaghan ‏@petermonaghan37 28 Aug

There's a lot of Nufc so called fans on here vexed after AP navigated a tricky game with skill and a tactical awareness #inpardewwetrust

I hate some of our fans, fucking hell.