Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And to think people on here tried to defend them through the whole KK thing, Hughton, the naming of the stadium, the awful SD branding all over the stadium, not challenging for anything in the cups or a higher place in the league than 8th., Joe kinnear, Alan Pardew, Dennis Wise, Derek Llambias...

i mean come on.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's TrolleMache :lol:

Not exactly a short list is it? And to think some people think we are over reacting or being overly sensitive.

Guest tollemache

And to think people on here tried to defend them through the whole KK thing, Hughton, the naming of the stadium, the awful SD branding all over the stadium, not challenging for anything in the cups or a higher place in the league than 8th., Joe kinnear, Alan Pardew, Dennis Wise, Derek Llambias...

Here I am! Wheeee. Might as well go through them:

KK: Thought it fishy because the decision to appoint a DoF so quickly after KK arrived was just so, so bizarre- how could that ever end well? There are two ways of looking at it, one of which is that they shouldn't have hired a DoF, the other that hiring KK knowing a DoF was in the pipeline was a horrendous error. Either way, car crash. Find it hard to understand anyone's motivation as it just looks like rank stupidity.

Hughton: Had loads of sympathy for him but, as I tend to do with new managers, got behind Pardew pretty sharpish and gave the club the benefit of the doubt.

Stadium name: extremely sad to see the stadium renamed. Personally emailed the CEO of Wonga masquerading as a marketing expert, to suggest he renamed it St James' Park, about 2 days before he did so. In his reply he said my suggestion had been 'eerily interesting'. True story.

Branding: Much less fussed about that, ugly though it is... big question is are we getting anything out of it? I've heard mixed accounts on that one.

Cups: Livid. Why rest players v Cardiff for fuck's sake, given where we are in the league. Completely nonsensical.

Higher than 8th: Realistically going to be hard to get higher than that on a consistent basis, even if we chuck in squillions and hire a genius manager. For now I'm happy as long as the team improves, and worried in case it doesn't, but don't think it'll make a vast difference in terms of league placing.

JFK: Mental

Pardew: Average

Wise: See 'Keegan'

Llambias: No strong feelings

Guest tollemache

In fairness I love seeing sloppy / wilfully misleading hacks exposed or punished. They're some of my least favourite people

I do too a bit, but all this banning stuff is a bit childish.

It is, but we only have so many sticks to beat journos with. If only there were more

Guest tollemache

And I don't think he'll get the sack no matter what, given how little we have to play for now. It'll take a dressing room mutiny or some kind of rift with upper management, but form alone won't do it. Somewhere in an office in SJP there'll be a bit of paper with bullet points and something like

* FINISH TOP HALF - 6th - 9th

written on it, and that will be that.

Did seem a strange article to put out there without some kind of high up, tip off.

Shame even though deep down I knew it wasn't true, I still had a small part that believed "what if?"

Now there is nothing but misery :(

Guest tollemache

If there really is some possibility of Ashley selling up in the near future, that makes a sacking even less likely. Let the next chump pay him off, will be the thinking. I just can't see it unless there is some reason other than form.

Did seem a strange article to put out there without some kind of high up, tip off.

Shame even though deep down I knew it wasn't true, I still had a small part that believed "what if?"

Now there is nothing but misery :(

I still hope we lose. It's more than likely the fans will start chanting against Ashley and if he wants to back Pardew then it will be good to see the fat cunt getting abuse live on national television.

Would you take a Villa win if it meant Pardew was sacked?

Yes 121 (87.7%)

:jesuswept:

What's your problem with that?

Apart from the hypothetical nature of it, it suggests a desire for Newcastle fans to lose games.

Well it is a hypothetical though so there's no getting apart from it.

And your conclusion you've drawn from it is ridiculous.

No one wants to lose games (plural),  but if the situation was that losing specifically the next game to Villa would see Pardew sacked then I would take that loss as we're safe in the league and I want Pardew out.

Skeletor nicely sums up what the question really is. Your inference is flawed.

If he's not sacked after we lose to villa (or win or draw)  I assume you'll want us to lose the next game...and the one after that until he does go.  So it would be plural.

Would you take a Villa win if it meant Pardew was sacked?

Yes 121 (87.7%)

:jesuswept:

What's your problem with that?

Apart from the hypothetical nature of it, it suggests a desire for Newcastle fans to lose games.

Well it is a hypothetical though so there's no getting apart from it.

And your conclusion you've drawn from it is ridiculous.

No one wants to lose games (plural),  but if the situation was that losing specifically the next game to Villa would see Pardew sacked then I would take that loss as we're safe in the league and I want Pardew out.

Skeletor nicely sums up what the question really is. Your inference is flawed.

If he's not sacked after we lose to villa (or win or draw)  I assume you'll want us to lose the next game...and the one after that until he does go.  So it would be plural.

That's not the terms anyone was talking about though. So no, your assumption is flawed, it's not plural and you're being obtuse.

KK: Thought it fishy because the decision to appoint a DoF so quickly after KK arrived was just so, so bizarre- how could that ever end well? There are two ways of looking at it, one of which is that they shouldn't have hired a DoF, the other that hiring KK knowing a DoF was in the pipeline was a horrendous error. Either way, car crash. Find it hard to understand anyone's motivation as it just looks like rank stupidity.

Hughton: Had loads of sympathy for him but, as I tend to do with new managers, got behind Pardew pretty sharpish and gave the club the benefit of the doubt.

Stadium name: extremely sad to see the stadium renamed. Personally emailed the CEO of Wonga masquerading as a marketing expert, to suggest he renamed it St James' Park, about 2 days before he did so. In his reply he said my suggestion had been 'eerily interesting'. True story.

Branding: Much less fussed about that, ugly though it is... big question is are we getting anything out of it? I've heard mixed accounts on that one.

Cups: Livid. Why rest players v Cardiff for f***'s sake, given where we are in the league. Completely nonsensical.

Higher than 8th: Realistically going to be hard to get higher than that on a consistent basis, even if we chuck in squillions and hire a genius manager. For now I'm happy as long as the team improves, and worried in case it doesn't, but don't think it'll make a vast difference in terms of league placing.

Pretty much smoothed over a really bad piece of nufc history, they also fucked Alan Shearer about and didnt even have the decency to call him up to say he wasn't getting the job.  And remember the line from Llambias "you dont know how nasty we can be".

Why do people gve them their hard earned cash  :lol:

It really is a simple concept to understand.

If we lose to Villa though, because of Pardew, then I imagine the margin in the poll would be even greater if the question was asked again. That is not the same as saying, now, "would you lose the next 2 games if it meant Pardew was sacked."

I would mind.

fuck me :lol:

Cups: Livid. Why rest players v Cardiff for fuck's sake, given where we are in the league. Completely nonsensical.

The bit about the stadium name and you e-mail is interesting indeed. In my opinion anyway.