So we've played everyone....

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No i still think we are some way off top 6, i've always maintained that and never even contemplated breaking into it. I said start of the season that the top 6 this season for me was pretty much set in stone. We could fight Everton for 7th but think they just have the edge with Martinez, with the right signings though we can move past them imo as player for player there isn't much between the sides, just canny gulf in class between the managers.

What i don't want is to finish 8th then just rest on the fact we are comfortable in the top half again for then others teams to invest in their squads, look fresher and rise above us again. We should be looking to build on 8th and even if that means finishing 8th again, just better your own points tally from the season prior and that’s the best you can ask for at this moment in time.

O0

Agree.

Now what we really need most is a new manager then...... :lol: :eek:

:lol: I'd be all for Ashley to upgrade, i just have absolutley no faith in him appointing anyone to the standard required and instead would only look at another weird side stepping appointment which will probably only make us more angry :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Voted 8th, but we're definitely capable of 6th, imo.

Which side man for man are we better than in the last seasons top 6 who we should be looking to bump out of it?

Football isn't played in that way. I've just said that we're capable of 6th.

Which side man for man are we better than in the last seasons top 6 who we should be looking to bump out of it?

Someone tweeted yesterday that they wouldn't swap any of our starting 11 for any of the Arsenal starting 11.  I thing that's shite, but I wouldn't necessarily be interested in swapping even half of those players with them.

So which side of that top 6 should we be getting more points than? We have to better than at least one of them to get in.

Guest firetotheworks

So which side of that top 6 should we be getting more points than? We have to better than at least one of them to get in.

:lol:

I didn't say 'should', I said that we're capable of it. Fwiw, I reckon it would be Everton and Spurs if we're going to do it.