Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

The squad is still paper thin.

Marveaux Shola Obertan Eliot....... simply not good enough. We dont want to pay the money to have a squad: Ashley I think feels he is being robbed if a player is being paid to warm the bench.

Marveaux and Shola are definitely good enough to be in a 'squad' of a team that will finish from 7-12 in the league. Elliot might be as well, how good are reserve keepers normally?

Marveaux Shola Obertan Eliot....... simply not good enough. We dont want to pay the money to have a squad: Ashley I think feels he is being robbed if a player is being paid to warm the bench.

Marveaux and Shola are definitely good enough to be in a 'squad' of a team that will finish from 7-12 in the league. Elliot might be as well, how good are reserve keepers normally?

What has Shola shown you over the past few years that would indicate he has anything above Championship level ability on a regular basis?

What has Shola shown you over the past few years that would indicate he has anything above Championship level ability on a regular basis?

Nothing, he shouldn't be starting games and he should be let go and replaced ASAP. But I don't want him starting, I said he was good enough to be part of our squad. If he is playing more than a handful of games something is wrong with the squad overall, just those players aren't great examples.

Shola is not good enough to be in a squad that finishes bottom of this league never mind 7th, he is shocking.

Marveaux I agree with, although Pardew has him locked up somewhere in fear his creativity will get out

For me a squad player is someone who isn't a regular starter but with injuries or loss of form within the first team is able to perform to a good standard. It's a laughing stock that we even have to consider him as having a place on the bench, if you saw him playing for any of the teams in an around us in the league you would have to wonder how a player with zero pace, horrendous technique and a general liability was playing in this league.

He's here because he's a good lad in the dressing room, a local lad and due to zero serious investment in the 'squad'.

For me a squad player is someone who isn't a regular starter but with injuries or loss of form within the first team is able to perform to a good standard. It's a laughing stock that we even have to consider him as having a place on the bench, if you saw him playing for any of the teams in an around us in the league you would have to wonder how a player with zero pace, horrendous technique and a general liability was playing in this league.

He's here because he's a good lad in the dressing room, a local lad and due to zero serious investment in the 'squad'.

Sums up my thoughts nicely, it's pretty depressing that this guy gets anywhere near our squad let alone the 1st team / bench.