The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Definitely missed, he's only making the side lately on account of Cristiano being injured. He'll probably be called up to the initial squad, though, but Del Bosque is very big on squad blending and he hasn't featured enough in Spain callups due to not starting for Madrid. He's a very talented lad, though, his main problem is a) sharing squad with Cristiano and Bale, who are automatic starters b) Thus trying too hard to impress when he gets a chance

Regarding Illarramendi, he is not ready for big ticket games. He has the ability, but not the character. He was completely overrun by Dortmund, for example.

Definitely missed, he's only making the side lately on account of Cristiano being injured. He'll probably be called up to the initial squad, though, but Del Bosque is very big on squad blending and he hasn't featured enough in Spain callups due to not starting for Madrid.

Regarding Illarramendi, he is not ready for big ticket games. He has the ability, but not the character. He was completely overrun by Dortmund, for example.

It hurts the amount of talent you lot will be leaving home to watch on the TV, criminal  :huff:

He did get overrun and can see where you're coming from but he'll benefit from such experience and it's a bit of a luxury they can blend him in rather than just throw him in at the deep end. Should be a big player in the years to come.

Imagine being able to leave Isco watching Chiles and co. at home.  You guys are annoying.

It's sickening what their starting 11 could be who didn't make the trip. Would still beat England and probably have a decent chance of going all the way still  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Imagine being able to leave Isco watching Chiles and co. at home.  You guys are annoying.

It's sickening what their starting 11 could be who didn't make the trip. Would still beat England and probably have a decent chance of going all the way still  :lol:

We beat Spain a few years back, anything is possible when it's 11 v 11.

De Gea

Carvajal Albiol Puyol Monreal

Garcia

Koke Cazorla

Isco                            Villa

Llorente

Something like that maybe? Couple of them might go but you could just replace them with someone similar  :lol:

Spain's U25 best XI could be something like...

De Gea

Carvajal Moreno Bartra Alba

J. Martínez

Thiago Isco

Jesé Costa Mata

Plus Busquets, Koke, Morata, Illarra, Muniain, García, Deulofeu...

That's a great base.

Nice thing is that we have decent bunch of young fellas coming through: De Gea, Thiago, Isco, Deulofeu, Illarra, Costa... so we should be able to do decently in tournaments after the current generation rides into the sunset after Brazil.

:yao:

Alonso's legs have given up. They have abused him in a similar way we abused Xavi.

He's looked out of form this whole season and hasn't really been in great form for a while. I've not been his biggest fan, and still think that you lot could do without him. I really hope this spanish side does like the Brazilian side in 2006 when they were heavy favourites able to field 12 starting elevens that would beat most team. Really hope you lot win the group but go out in the quarters :lol:

Nice thing is that we have decent bunch of young fellas coming through: De Gea, Thiago, Isco, Deulofeu, Illarra, Costa... so we should be able to do decently in tournaments after the current generation rides into the sunset after Brazil.

Dick, two Brazilians within that small list. Player-stealing-nation is what your country is :lol: Got to be honest, Germany, Spain and Brazil look like big favourites when you see the youth they have for the next 10 years or so.

The ones you named + in Germany you have Reus, Götze, Gundogan + in Brazil Neymar, Lucas, Oscar.

Some excellent players there. What has happened to Argentinian youth players, I can only see Icardi as a player capable of possibly making the next level at the moment. Not like their strikers are old, but Aguero, Higuain and Messi will all be in their 30s next World Cup.

De Gea

J. Martínez

Thiago Isco

Jesé Costa Mata

That's a great base.

Rodrigo.

De Gea

J. Martínez

Thiago Isco

Jesé Costa Mata

That's a great base.

Rodrigo.

Brazil want him. Trying to do a Costa with him. Another Brazilian. Spain are bunch of pigs.

Happy for you guys, great memories last season in your city.

Thanks mate.

How'd your fancy your chances in the Europa Lge this year?

We'll be portuguese champions this weekend so Juventus will face our best XI. That's good news for us. They're favourites but a full force squad (something yet to see in this Europa League) can create some damage. Enzo / Markovic / Gaitán / Salvio / Rodrigo / Lima can tear apart any defence, even such a strong one like the bianconeri have. My biggest fear is Pirlo. Can easily score an away goal if we make a foul.

Both Benfica and Juventus are cruising in their leagues, this will be a big test for both teams. Serie A and Portuguese League aren't being exactly a challenge. Porto (3rd) eliminated Napoli (3rd in Serie A), for example, and they're mediocre this season. I would say the odds are 55-45 in Juventus favour. In the final, anything can happen; both Sevilla and Valencia are worthy of respect.

Nobody around here considers us favorites for the WC or anything, I hope for a decent showing at least. Truth is that we'll take a lot of old legs to Brazil and the next generation hasn't been bedded in yet. As I said, Del Bosque gives a big bonus to creating a "club squad" mentality around the NT, which imho is the reason behind a lot of our success but at this point in time it will probably hurt us a bit.

Nobody around here considers us favorites for the WC or anything, I hope for a decent showing at least. Truth is that we'll take a lot of old legs to Brazil and the next generation hasn't been bedded in yet. As I said, Del Bosque gives a big bonus to creating a "club squad" mentality around the NT, which imho is the reason behind a lot of our success but at this point in time it will probably hurt us a bit.

I consider you guys favourite. You're consistent. Germany, Brazil and Argentina might have higher ''highest level'' but Spain are world champions and European champions. Always favourites in my book.

I consider you guys favourite. You're consistent. Germany, Brazil and Argentina might have higher ''highest level'' but Spain are world champions and European champions. Always favourites in my book.

Still trying to palm off other countries as faves  :yao:

De Gea

J. Martínez

Thiago Isco

Jesé Costa Mata

That's a great base.

Rodrigo.

Brazil want him. Trying to do a Costa with him. Another Brazilian. Spain are bunch of pigs.

Both the Alcántaras and Rodrigo have lived in Spain since they were bairns. Not the same as Costa.

I don't rate him much anyway.

De Gea

J. Martínez

Thiago Isco

Jesé Costa Mata

That's a great base.

Rodrigo.

Both the Alcántaras and Rodrigo have lived in Spain since they were bairns. Not the same as Costa.

I don't rate him much anyway.

Still Brazilians ;)

Still trying to palm off other countries as faves  :yao:

I see Brazil as one of the four big teams, but if I had to pick one I'd pick Spain. Home advantage means a lot, but experience and coherence means a lot as well in such a short tournament. Something Spain has more of all the teams.

Brazil have been getting stronger and stronger, home advantage, cruised the confeds and are looking cherry ripe for the finals with no major injury/fitness concerns. Worthy short priced bookies fave, should piss it really ;)

Brazil have been getting stronger and stronger, home advantage, cruised the confeds and are looking cherry ripe for the finals with no major injury/fitness concerns. Worthy short priced bookies fave, should p*ss it really ;)

Don't jinx it dickface :lol:

Brazil have been getting stronger and stronger, home advantage, cruised the confeds and are looking cherry ripe for the finals with no major injury/fitness concerns. Worthy short priced bookies fave, should p*ss it really ;)

Don't jinx it dickface :lol:

:laugh: