The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

All 3 have a chance.

I'd be shocked if Brazil, Argentina, Spain or Germany don't win it this time. I look at Italy, Holland and Portugal and none of their squad appeal to me in any way. England are obviously two teams who could beat anyone on a good day but I doubt they will win it.

Brazil are gonna win this, no discussions.

I think it's pretty clear to everyone that Spain are enormous favourites. Or Argentina.

Sorry flip, no amount of preemptive reverse-jinxing is going to change the fact you're big favorites.

I'll get in touch with Coco. He knows how this shit works. I need to ask him for a strategy on how to jinx your way to success. Guy should probably release a book on jinxing.

I'd be fully behind Brazil winning it at home, if not for Flip. He's a smug bastard now, imagine what he'll be like if they win. This is the guy who said he hopes he'll get to see Brazil win their third WC in his lifetime. That level of privilege is intolerable.

I'd be fully behind Brazil winning it at home, if not for Flip. He's a smug b****** now, imagine what he'll be like if they win. This is the guy who said he hopes he'll get to see Brazil win their third WC in his lifetime. That level of privilege is intolerable.

:lol:

TBF, I would probably not come on here for a month or so if we won. I'm also a very tolerable winner, you didn't see me being all smug when Brazil beat Spain in the CC? Or when Brazil beat the US in the CC before that?

I'd be fully behind Brazil winning it at home, if not for Flip. He's a smug b****** now, imagine what he'll be like if they win. This is the guy who said he hopes he'll get to see Brazil win their third WC in his lifetime. That level of privilege is intolerable.

:lol:

TBF, I would probably not come on here for a month or so if we won. I'm also a very tolerable winner, you didn't see me being all smug when Brazil beat Spain in the CC? Or when Brazil beat the US in the CC before that?

:lol: I've got my eye on you, fella.

Brazil are clearly favourites but my personal opinion is one game the pressure will get to them and they'll choke.

Still think Spain are being overlooked really. Talk of their demise is premature.

Brazil are clearly favourites but my personal opinion is one game the pressure will get to them and they'll choke.

Still think Spain are being overlooked really. Talk of their demise is premature.

A lot depends on Alonso & Xavi.... and they are two tired men with a lot of miles on the clock.

A lot depends on Alonso & Xavi.... and they are two tired men with a lot of miles on the clock.

Especially when they've got such a tough group so they'll be made to work from the off and won't have any 'free ride' games.

Why would you love a country like Argentina to win?

Argentina winning the WC at the soil of its biggest rival? Would make for some great scenes.

It's still Argentina...Hand Of God/Falklands/....ahhhhh it's VI, dm!

Argentina winning the WC at the soil of its biggest rival? Would make for some great scenes.

Yeah, I suppose for a brit it's like us wishing Italy won :lol:

:snod:

:snod:

TBF I'm surprised anyone would wish a win upon Argentina. :lol:  Don't think there's a more hated nationality in the world in that sense. (obviously I have loads of Argentinian friends) Just generally speaking.

I've always liked them, me.  They're little worky tickets, mind.

They're a great footballing nation. Just bunch of arseholes that usually are the disgrace of South America in terms of footballing violence on the pitch and racist chants.