The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Pep's teams have always been rubbish to watch. No idea why everyone faps over them.

A Bayern-Chelsea final would be a crime against football.

I think football is subjective. I love watching Peps team, I don't think many on here understand just how hard it is to maintain possession that way while creating as much as they do. They weren't good yesterday, but dominating and dictating tempo and possession against possibly the 2nd best team in Europe is impressive.

I do agree that it would be a horrible finak though, but that's more down to Chelsea not being a team who counters the same way Real or Atletico does. They're much more slow in their build up and really kill it early on. Atletico have immense pressing and think they could really get the better of Bayern. I think for footballs sake a full Madrid final would be the best, but for me and IMO Bayern v Atletico would be more fun, just as both teams are good at exactly the opposite things.

Pep's teams have always been rubbish to watch. No idea why everyone faps over them.

I think football is subjective. I love watching Peps team, I don't think many on here understand just how hard it is to maintain possession that way while creating as much as they do. They weren't good yesterday, but dominating and dictating tempo and possession against possibly the 2nd best team in Europe is impressive.

I do agree that it would be a horrible finak though, but that's more down to Chelsea not being a team who counters the same way Real or Atletico does. They're much more slow in their build up and really kill it early on. Atletico have immense pressing and think they could really get the better of Bayern. I think for footballs sake a full Madrid final would be the best, but for me and IMO Bayern v Atletico would be more fun, just as both teams are good at exactly the opposite things.

True. But as a neutral I just want entertainment and I always fall asleep watching old Barca or Bayern, genuinely find it hard to stay awake.

All fart no shite, as they say.

I agree with you that its difficult but just because what they do is difficult to execute doesn't mean that its good to watch. I did enjoy watching Pep's Barca because there was always the chance that Iniesta or Messi would come up with some individual brilliance but this team just don't have that individual brilliance

:thup:

That's the beauty of the game as well, everyone has their opinion on how they want it to be played. If everyone thought it was all about the same shit it be an extremely boring sport.

I wouldn't say Pep's Barcelona were all fart and no shite like. They could be really penetrative at times.

Bayern last night reminded me of the way the Spanish national team like to keep possession.

It always seems crucial for a team like Bayern or Barcelona to get that first goal. Once that goes in, there are usually more that follows.

EDIT: Whey, that sounded a lot more clichéd than it did in my head :lol:

I wouldn't say Pep's Barcelona were all fart and no s**** like. They could be really penetrative at times.

Bayern last night reminded me of the way the Spanish national team like to keep possession.

Think they just lacked intensity. I've seen them play in the leauge and earlier in the season in the CL with much more intensity. Credit to Real for doing a good job, but at the same time Bayern are in just some bad form. Winning the season to early might've loosened them up a little. Think we'll see a much better Bayern next week, if that will be enough I don't know.

I wouldn't say Pep's Barcelona were all fart and no s**** like. They could be really penetrative at times.

Think they just lacked intensity. I've seen them play in the leauge and earlier in the season in the CL with much more intensity. Credit to Real for doing a good job, but at the same time Bayern are in just some bad form. Winning the season to early might've loosened them up a little. Think we'll see a much better Bayern next week, if that will be enough I don't know.

Do you not think it might be more of a problem with not being able to break down organised defences?

Do you not think it might be more of a problem with not being able to break down organised defences?

Why would it be? They've scored agianst every team they've played this season including Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Unite and City and have scored twice or more against each and everyone of them. Teams always defend against them and they've won the league with plenty of games to play. I think they lacked intensity yesterday and met the best team they've played all season. Let's not forget Real were close to going out to Dortmund despite being 3-0 up in the first leg.

From what I understood Pep told his team to be more cautious with the ball because Real are the best on the counter. I think they'll have to force their hands next week and think it'll probably pay off.

Why would it be? They've scored agianst every team they've played this season including Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Unite and City and have scored twice or more against each and everyone of them. Teams always defend against them and they've won the league with plenty of games to play. I think they lacked intensity yesterday and met the best team they've played all season. Let's not forget Real were close to going out to Dortmund despite being 3-0 up in the first leg.

From what I understood Pep told his team to be more cautious with the ball because Real are the best on the counter. I think they'll have to force their hands next week and think it'll probably pay off.

They didn't break Arsenal down until Arsenal were down to 10 men and only broke down Man Utd in the second half of the second leg. I presume the Chelsea game you are talking about is the super cup final. If I remember that game correctly, Chelsea created far more chances than Bayern Munich until extra time when Chelsea got tired. I don't watch the German league so can't comment on the quality of the defences they come up against there.

Guest neesy111

Conte is MON-esque in Europe.

Juve are perfect for Serie A but hopeless in europe (champions league).

They where as close as going out to Dortmund as Bayern where to Arsenal last season. They thoroughly outclassed BVB at home and plain old didn't turn up in the second leg. I don't think that performance is a fair barometer of Madrid's ability.

Madrid are the best side in the world on the counter. They are likely to score another in Munich... will Bayern win by more than one goal? I hope not.

They where as close as going out to Dortmund as Bayern where to Arsenal last season. They thoroughly outclassed BVB at home and plain old didn't turn up in the second leg. I don't think that performance is a fair barometer of Madrid's ability.

Madrid are the best side in the world on the counter. They are likely to score another in Munich... will Bayern win by more than one goal? I hope not.

Oh absolutely, I still think they'll beat Real. Will have to see by how much, but don't think the result is as bad some has made it out to be either.

Juventus look awful. Sitting really deep and just passing it around the back 5 when they get it until one of them tries a Hollywood pass up to Tevez and Vucinic. They are starting to look a bit better now alright

You go away from home in a European first league. If you lose by a single goal you would much prefer 2-1 or 3-2 than 1-0. It's the worst 'tight' result possible.

Absolutely, it's still not a terrible result.