Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

He stayed ages after that though with pardew willing to give him another chance. I honestly don't think anyone can be blamed in this instance apart from hatem

He stayed until we could get rid of him and hardly featured after Man U.  He was the most technical player on our books and Pardew couldn't handle him because he's a shite manager who is totally inflexible.

Rubbish that because he always found a place for cabaye/ cisse who are technical players who don't run around a lot- I think it's more the fact he must specifically set out to piss off managers by not following their instructions. Even non shite managers like Mourinho have out casted players such as mata and Ballotelli because despite ability they don't add to the team as a whole

:lol: Cisse is a technical player is he? Also Cabaye fucking ran loads. Total garbage.

Well he relies on technique mainly in getting into positions and finishing rather than pressuring the opposition . Ah wait no that's garbage :)

:lol: his first touch is up there with the worst in the league

Terrible touches vs chelsea like

There's clearly an element in the lad that won't suffer fools, like a few on here and in life in general really.

? So someone who wasted their God given talent won't suffer fools?

I doubt very much he sees a connection between his talent and being told to run a lot by the likes of Pardew and Bruce.

It's convenient for the argument but I honestly think you need to draw a line before pre-PL HBA, he was a daft little cunt then and has admitted it. He grew up with us and put up with years of Pardew before he lost his shit, let's clarify that: YEARS OF PARDEW. As a flair player :lol:

Moving to Bruce was unwise but if he's encountered another fuckwit then fair play to him.

He's clearly not got the mentality and drive to be at the absolute top but to overlook the impact of a shit manager is really ludicrous when you think about this board and the absolute joker we've suffered for 4 years.

I kind of agree with you but I honestly think even under Mourinho / Ferguson / guardiola he would have had the same problems. I don't think the manager is the problem here it is him . I guess there will never be a correct answer but the way this lads career has gone with the talent he has got I would say the fingers point mainly at him

Someone just mentioned Cantona. Perfect example, another genius acting the utter cunt in his early 20's but hit the right manager at the right time and...

I agree that HBA's problems are largely his own but to not acknowledge (a) the fact he seemed to have grown up a lot after the leg break and (b) the absolute shitness of Pardew and how long he kept quiet is doing him a misservice imo.

If Cabtona had landed in England with Joe Kinnear I suspect his career might have been slightly different.

True but on the other hand he pushed out Anderson Nani etc

He stayed ages after that though with pardew willing to give him another chance. I honestly don't think anyone can be blamed in this instance apart from hatem

He stayed until we could get rid of him and hardly featured after Man U.  He was the most technical player on our books and Pardew couldn't handle him because he's a shite manager who is totally inflexible.

Rubbish that because he always found a place for cabaye/ cisse who are technical players who don't run around a lot- I think it's more the fact he must specifically set out to piss off managers by not following their instructions. Even non shite managers like Mourinho have out casted players such as mata and Ballotelli because despite ability they don't add to the team as a whole

:lol: Cisse is a technical player is he? Also Cabaye fucking ran loads. Total garbage.

Well he relies on technique mainly in getting into positions and finishing rather than pressuring the opposition . Ah wait no that's garbage :)

:anguish: you mean a shot? Fucking hell man, I'm out if this is the level of discussion

The last time I checked a first time shot is a first touch

:anguish: you mean a shot? Fucking hell man, I'm out if this is the level of discussion

The last time I checked a first time shot is a first touch

:lol: :lol:

Ok I'm not getting out of this hole- my other points remain though

There's clearly an element in the lad that won't suffer fools, like a few on here and in life in general really.

? So someone who wasted their God given talent won't suffer fools?

I doubt very much he sees a connection between his talent and being told to run a lot by the likes of Pardew and Bruce.

It's convenient for the argument but I honestly think you need to draw a line before pre-PL HBA, he was a daft little cunt then and has admitted it. He grew up with us and put up with years of Pardew before he lost his shit, let's clarify that: YEARS OF PARDEW. As a flair player :lol:

Moving to Bruce was unwise but if he's encountered another fuckwit then fair play to him.

He's clearly not got the mentality and drive to be at the absolute top but to overlook the impact of a shit manager is really ludicrous when you think about this board and the absolute joker we've suffered for 4 years.

I kind of agree with you but I honestly think even under Mourinho / Ferguson / guardiola he would have had the same problems. I don't think the manager is the problem here it is him . I guess there will never be a correct answer but the way this lads career has gone with the talent he has got I would say the fingers point mainly at him

Someone just mentioned Cantona. Perfect example, another genius acting the utter cunt in his early 20's but hit the right manager at the right time and...

I agree that HBA's problems are largely his own but to not acknowledge (a) the fact he seemed to have grown up a lot after the leg break and (b) the absolute shitness of Pardew and how long he kept quiet is doing him a misservice imo.

If Cabtona had landed in England with Joe Kinnear I suspect his career might have been slightly different.

True but on the other hand he pushed out Anderson Nani etc

Neither had a fraction the talent of hba. And both were still on the books when he left no?

It's ludicrous to put it all on hba, just as it's ludicrous to put it all on Pardew for him failing with us.

However if you're taking percentages then Pardew is winning that contest like, hands down. We saw at the end of 2011/12 what hba could do in the right environment. One man decided to fuck that off.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's a fairly well known thing that Pardew doesn't like technical players. He likes players with pace and power and a defensive mind that run about a lot.

Look at HBA, Yanga Mbiwa, Marveaux, Anita, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Ferrerya, Cabella.

All have either been dropped despite being very productive, barely given a chance or flat out not given a chance at all.

Not sure how Bigi and Chucky can be classed as technical players like. Also, Marveaux & Amalfitano were given the boot because they're shite.

Not sure why we act as if having a semi-respectable work rate is a drawback. If Ben Arfa had one he wouldn't have made a pathetic mess of his career.

Which manager dealt with Cantona in his early 20s?

Which managers dealt with hba in his early 20's other than Deschamps? Who has proven to be utter shit.

What's your point?

It don't have one. It was a (genuine) question, not a statement. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure how Bigi and Chucky can be classed as technical players like. Also, Marveaux & Amalfitano were given the boot because they're shite.

Not sure why we act as if having a semi-respectable work rate is a drawback. If Ben Arfa had one he wouldn't have made a pathetic mess of his career.

Marveaux was shite?

There's honestly no point in me talking to you, your views on football don't at all align with mine like.

Which manager dealt with Cantona in his early 20s?

Which managers dealt with hba in his early 20's other than Deschamps? Who has proven to be utter shit.

What's your point?

It don't have one. It was a (genuine) question, not a statement. :lol:

To be fair you're more about statements usually :lol:

Don't know about Cantona though, who was the Lyon manager hba fell out with?

Marveaux was shite?

There's honestly no point in me talking to you, your views on football don't at all align with mine like.

So basically you are admitting you are so stubborn you can't reason with any alternative views

Guest firetotheworks

Marveaux was shite?

So basically you are admitting you are so stubborn you can't reason with any alternative views

Nah, just Foluwshola in particular. I disagree with the entirety of the post so there's not really anything to discuss, my opinion is the exact opposite to the one in his post. It's easier just to say that.

There is no reasoning with that load of rubbish. Marveaux frequently looked a very useful player for us who was cast aside because he worried about hurting the opposing players in front of him instead of protecting the inadequate cunts behind. Can't have that, oh no.

I haven't googled it but I'd assume in terms of medals HBA would be in high end of our squad no? Maybe santon has more?

Well quite.

Cabtona thing has got me man :lol:

Banned for a month for headbutting someone, went to each individual on the panel and called them an idiot to their face and for another month :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't googled it but I'd assume in terms of medals HBA would be in high end of our squad no? Maybe santon has more?

So would David May

Ah the David May argument. Pick the anomaly to prove a point, basically. 

So would David May

Yeah and would you say may "made a mess of his career"

No but would you say shearer did?