Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Shouldn't that have made him more inclined to value the short window of opportunity he has as a professional footballer?

Plenty have come back stronger and more appreciative of their careers because of it. We've seen the opposite of Ben Arfa.

How so? When he came back he got his head down, worked hard and did what he was told. In fact weren't his two wonder goals post injury? And indeed the best football we've seen under Pardew?

Which is why his injury can't really be factored in. He's played the best football of his career post-injury.

Shouldn't that have made him more inclined to value the short window of opportunity he has as a professional footballer?

Plenty have come back stronger and more appreciative of their careers because of it. We've seen the opposite of Ben Arfa.

How so? When he came back he got his head down, worked hard and did what he was told. In fact weren't his two wonder goals post injury? And indeed the best football we've seen under Pardew?

He's also rumoured to have punched as many managers as he's scored wonder goals post injury. Hardly a beacon of professionalism/doing what he's told.

Which is why his injury can't really be factored in. He's played the best football of his career post-injury.

While at the same time the two clubs he's played for have played some of the most negative football the league has ever seen.

It's clear he has issues and is never going to reach his potential, which is in part down to himself. Matters have been made worse due to the fact he's been managed by two of England's finest*. Would've loved nothing more than to see him perform or even play regularly for us, for which I blame pardew mainly, but I don't see the need to defend him to the hilt just because he's been fucked around by pardew.

Guest firetotheworks

It's never your fault, it's never your fault, oh Alan Pardew Hatem Ben Arfa, it's never your fault.

Nee one's biting man with your patter man, give up.

Guest firetotheworks

His stock is obviously incredibly low at the moment so probably not. You're aware of that like.

Exactly. Proper lifting patter.

I'm going to assume Loki is having one of those nights where he holes himself up in his China lodgins and sniffs coke out the bag all night.

Don't get me wrong, I love HBA and the kind of player he is.  On his day he's unplayable but those days are getting fewer and farther between.  It's sad because he could have done so much more than he has.  With his talent he should have been one of the best in the world but he let's himself down again and again.

He'll go to Turkey or the middle east.  Maybe a mid table french club.  He should have been so much better.

Thing is no one is saying he's blameless everyone has rationally said it's partly down to him, but there are mitigating circumstances as a caveat. End of the day sorry for not rejoicing in not seeing one of our better players at SJP.

Yeah, Ben Arfa has his problems obviously and he obviously doesn't put 100% into his career, I imagine a lot of footballers are similar but we just don't hear it as their managers aren't complete fucking lunatics; if you're good enough you'll play. Not every player is going to have the desire of Gareth Bale.