The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Hargam or Bristol De Mai? Can't decide.

I've backed BDM just for pure value. I could be wrong but I don't think Hargam is a 4/6 chance.

Should have just played the lay game on Hargam.

Guest chopey

Ah well, hope I can break even at best then  :lol:

Was sat in Southampton airport last week betting on Chinese Volleyball/badminton in-play. Even sat watching it. Problems.  :frantic:

volleyball played with badminton rackets by Chinese people...............what a wonderful world we live in .

Guest Roger Kint

Hargam or Bristol De Mai? Can't decide.

I've backed BDM just for pure value. I could be wrong but I don't think Hargam is a 4/6 chance.

Should have just played the lay game on Hargam.

If i knew AP was on it i would have left it out. Only in as VV wasnt on TV in the first race

Just put a decent bet on Silviniaco Conti. Always runs poorly at Cheltenham - look at his Aintree form and I reckon it should be around an even money shot.

Fucking hell, it might end up near evens. I got 11/4 and it's now went 5/2, 9/4, 2/1 and into 7/4!!

Guest Roger Kint

Just put a decent bet on Silviniaco Conti. Always runs poorly at Cheltenham - look at his Aintree form and I reckon it should be around an even money shot.

Why i backed it, surely it cant be as poor as in the GC.

Guest Roger Kint

Superb jumping but really had to fight at the end there. Holywell struggled to clear a fence properly.

Guest Roger Kint

Turning into another great day this. If Arctic Fire comes in it'll be an outstanding day.

Hope so :thup:

Backed Arctic Fire early today and I've got no real fancy for the two races after so could be my last bet of the day. Call The Cops is tempting me in the final race but will only be a small bet if I do bother to back it.

The one thing I hate about horse racing is how quick the commentators are to say the rider is fine and then move on to something else, no mention if the horse is okay or not.

The one thing I hate about horse racing is how quick the commentators are to say the rider is fine and then move on to something else, no mention if the horse is okay or not.

Well that's just rubbish. They nearly always mention both horse and jockey.

Arctic Fire has to be one of the best bets at a big meeting in a long time. It should absolutely relish 2 and a half miles. He has seen Jezki off the last twice over shorter distance. Willie Mullins has spoke ridiculously highly of him and he has improved for every run this season. Rock On Ruby is regressing and shouldn't be able to beat him which doesn't leave any other real challengers. I think this is the best bet I've seen at 15/8 for a while.

I hope no one followed the above despite it being right, barring a stupid fucking last hurdle.

Well that's just rubbish. They nearly always mention both horse and jockey.

Yeah sorry it was more aimed at the stream I was watching.

It was basically "Walsh if fine, here's what's coming up next" there was no mention if the horse was okay or not.