The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Guest neesy111

Double kick rule, what is this s****?

I've literally never heard about it before :lol:

You've never wondered why players don't just dribble the ball from a free kick/corner?!

So why wasn't a in-direct free kick offered then?  Seems to me a rule that favours only the kick taker.

You've never wondered why players don't just dribble the ball from a free kick/corner?!

I would have assumed the first touch would have been the actual kick. Granted, you don't often/never see people take a free kick in two touches, but I didn't know it wasn't allowed. Even if that rule actually exists, surely that was a foul by Hart so how it bailed him out in the end and he got to retake it I will never know.. :lol:

So why wasn't a in-direct free kick offered then?  Seems to me a rule that favours only the kick taker.

when it's taken from inside the penalty area, the ball isn't "live" until it leaves the penalty area. Since Hart fucked it up inside, it was just a retake. Anywhere else on the field or if his 2nd touch had been outside the box it would have been an IFK to QPR.

when it's taken from inside the penalty area, the ball isn't "live" until it leaves the penalty area. Since Hart fucked it up inside, it was just a retake. Anywhere else on the field and it would have been, or if his 2nd touch had been outside the box.

load of bullshit tbh he fucked up he shouldn't get a get out of jail free card

Guest neesy111

when it's taken from inside the penalty area, the ball isn't "live" until it leaves the penalty area. Since Hart fucked it up inside, it was just a retake. Anywhere else on the field and it would have been, or if his 2nd touch had been outside the box.

This is true, but why are goalkeepers allowed to pass to defenders in the box the last 2 seasons unlike before though, surely it's then a normal set-piece then.

load of bullshit tbh he fucked up he shouldn't get a get out of jail free card

Sorry I'm quoting the wrong law

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/02/36/01/11/27_06_2014_new--lawsofthegameweben_neutral.pdf page 42

If, when a free kick is taken by the defending team from inside its own penalty area, the ball is not kicked directly out of the penalty area:

• the kick is retaken

So what is a referee going to do if a goalkeeper or free kick taker just keeps on touching it twice before it leaves the penalty area to waste time, seeing as it's not a foul apparently? :dontknow:

suppose he could get him on unsportsmanlike behavior if it happened more than once.