Gillingham v Newcastle United - 26/08/14 @ 7:45pm (not on TV)

Sima

Can't complain he's played that team tbh

We can't? What's the point in playing Obertan when we know he isn't good enough? Where even is Yanga-Mbiwa?

Obertan is s*** but MYM has been injured for a few weeks tbf, he might not have played anyway but it is what it is.

Injured or "injured"? Apart from reports he was doubtful for Man City due to a slight knock in training (one and a half week ago), unless I've missed it, we haven't heard anything about any injury have we?

Injured is injured is injured. It's not like the club publish medical records, you just have to believe whatever s**** you get fed. He's probably as injured as Tiote is

From the way he has been frozen out since basically mid last season I's say he's more likely to have "injured" Pardew's feelings. Just speculating, but maybe he sided with Ben Arfa in whatever has gone on between them two?

Can't complain he's played that team tbh

We can't? What's the point in playing Obertan when we know he isn't good enough? Where even is Yanga-Mbiwa?

Well you could argue the point of Obertan playing, but overall the team is a strong one. More so than we've come to expect in recent years.

People say this, but this was our team vs Cardiff last year:

Newcastle United

21 Elliot

03 Santon

19 Haidara

24 Tioté

27 Taylor Booked

13 Yanga-Mbiwa

07 Sissoko (Remy - 85' )

08 Anita

09 Cissé (Ameobi - 85' )

10 Ben Arfa Booked

11 Gouffran (Obertan - 63' )

Strong team too. Shame Pardew can't motivate them for f***, and seemingly even less so for cup games.

The Obertan sub was immediately after we scored and it turned the cheers into jeers. Was the worst decision in terms of what Pardew calls "crowd management" I've ever seen.

Perch for Marveaux for me vs Reading at home