Lockwood Cup

Ryan_Taylor

To repeat, if you're someone who is thinking "I can only come later" or what not, please come along! Even if you can't make the football, the night will be great - like it always is - and moreover it'd be class to get a big crowd together for Jon.

Anyone had any joy with the trophy?... And those who knew him any ideas what would be apt for a trophy...

I was going to enquire at the Bigg Market place but someone (Kid Icarus?) said apparently the bloke wasn't very reliable. Any other suggestions or is that our best bet? Typically I'm now off for a week (I offered because I work just near there) but will probably be in town at some point.

I think the general consensus was a boxing glove shaped trophy, but again if anyone else has a suggestion or a preferred design please speak up.

From a quick search there are a few different styles knocking about:

http://www.trophystore.co.uk/Img/Dynamic/Cache/Products/24775_gold_resin_ko_impact_boxing_glove_trophy_20cm_8_35693_cm-scaleaddwhite_w-180_h-210_q-80_wm-180x210.jpg http://www.trophystore.co.uk/Img/Dynamic/Cache/Products/15925_antique_gold_premier_resin_boxing_glove_11.5cm_4.5_24928_cm-scaleaddwhite_w-180_h-210_q-80_wm-180x210.jpg

http://www.trophystore.co.uk/Img/Dynamic/Cache/Products/5377_boxing_glove_trophy_award_28cm_11_9721_cm-scaleaddwhite_w-180_h-210_q-80_wm-180x210.jpg  http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/Boxing-Glove-Resin-Trophy.jpg

http://www.groundandpound.co.uk/store/images/P/redglove.jpg

2 or 4 IMO.

I think I prefer that sort of design too though it's worth noting that some of the available sizes in those designs online seem quite small, so it'd be worth someone having a look in person if possible.

Also, we will need to decide on an engraving - 'Lockwood Cup Winner' or something else, unless we want to include the date/year, but the champions may want to defend their trophy in the future...

Craig and I had a message from Jon's mam tonight..

" 5 September 20:28

Hi Both can both or one of you let the Forum know we are so proud of all they are doing for my wonderful son, and the Lockwood cup what can I say Wendy myself and Jons Dad will be there couldn't not be... you guys are all amazing and so kind it is like having a whole family we never knew, will be arranging our trip up shortly honestly love all you guys and couldn't be prouder if we tried xx"

Do we do some kind of minutes silence before the game?

Might be me but given the cup is a celebration I don't think it'd be right

Yeah, it's a tricky one. Think the whole day, especially the Cup, should be more a celebration of Jon but of course all of this has come about from a tragedy.

I certainly wouldn't say no to a minute's silence, but I definitely think the day itself should generally be as upbeat as possible - like Cajun.

Would be good to have some thoughts on this.

Yeah, it's a tricky one. Think the whole day, especially the Cup, should be more a celebration of Jon but of course all of this has come about from a tragedy.

I certainly wouldn't say no to a minute's silence, but I definitely think the day itself should generally be as upbeat as possible - like Cajun.

It just kind of seems like an appropriate way to start the day off. Although I'm not totally sure. Especially if his family are in attendance. It's tough.

How about we ask the family and let them decide?

How about we ask the family and let them decide?

:thup:

Craig and I had a message from Jon's mam tonight..

" 5 September 20:28

Hi Both can both or one of you let the Forum know we are so proud of all they are doing for my wonderful son, and the Lockwood cup what can I say Wendy myself and Jons Dad will be there couldn't not be... you guys are all amazing and so kind it is like having a whole family we never knew, will be arranging our trip up shortly honestly love all you guys and couldn't be prouder if we tried xx"

Following on from this, Jon's girlfriend also added:

Following on from Naomis message, I was just saying to Naomi last night what a brilliant idea it was to have a boxing glove as a trophy. Jon was so passionate about his boxing and he was so proud of how good at boxing he was. He could almost have gone semi pro. So if you could share this with the forum that would be cool. Xx

So let's make this worthwhile.

Perhaps a minute's applause would be more appropriate as suggested above. Or a minute's shadow boxing even... It looks like Wendy and Naomi may come along to watch so I'm sure we could gauge from them what would be the best option.