9 points behind 3 place

Guest TrEe

Lets not get too carried away just yet, 9 points is quite a lot and its not like we just need one team to drop points, most of the teams in the top half are only a couple of points away from  each other.

All I can say is, 9 points difference, it's a less steep of a margin to catch up for the top six than we had last year when Roeder first took over last season, I say we can do it, watch Portsmouth drop like a pebble in a fishbowl, watch the Toon rise.

i love how someone mentions we're 9 points off 3rd with less then half the season played, and some people start with utter bull shit. RELEGATION OMFG KNEEJERK JESUS FUCKINWEPT BLAH BLAH BLAH. laughable.

i love how someone mentions we're 9 points off 3rd with less then half the season played, and some people start with utter bull shit. RELEGATION OMFG KNEEJERK JESUS FUCKINWEPT BLAH BLAH BLAH. laughable.

That might have something to do with being closer to the bottom than third like.  Just a thought...

i know our league position, i also know that its early enough in the season for things to change dramatically.  If this were the end of january, i'd be thinking differently.

We also still have a game in hand, IF we somehow beat Chelsea, the gap is only 6 points, and our record hasn't been that bad against Chelsea recently. I'm just looking at the bright side, I'm sick and tired of be negative tongue.gif

We also still have a game in hand, IF we somehow beat Chelsea, the gap is only 6 points, and our record hasn't been that bad against Chelsea recently.

Last four games at Stamford Bridge:

0-1

0-3

0-4

0-5

Aye. Cracking. :roll:

We also still have a game in hand, IF we somehow beat Chelsea, the gap is only 6 points, and our record hasn't been that bad against Chelsea recently.

Last four games at Stamford Bridge:

0-1

0-3

0-4

0-5

Aye. Cracking. :roll:

:lol:

If Luque plays...

Who thinks we can fight our way back to the top 6?

Who thinks the season is as good as over?

I think we should splash out on a LB ST and a CB in the January window, and who knows what might happen, I didn't know we were that close to 3 place.

Oops, waiting for macbeth and his brother to throw a fit at the suggestion the club should spend some money. After all, the club never spends money on players.

Not a stupid thread at all, everyone is raving how bad we have been etc but we arn't a drift yet and if we can pick up a few points we will pull away from the bottom of the table which two weeks ago seemed unthinakble. All credit to the lads who have played well recently, pat on the back for Emre who is playing well, solid preformances from Nickly Butt and Taylor has been playing well. Keep it going boys, if we beat Blackburn it would be a huge result, more likely is a draw though, go on the lads!!!