Worst Newcastle XI?

Guest TruToon94

If you take a look at any of the teams between 1979-1982 you'll be spoilt for choice. How the hell we managed to sign Peter Withe during that time is a complete mystery. Played for 2 Championship winning sides and scored the winner in the European Cup Final with 2 years with us sandwiched in between, in a shite Div 2 team.....he even seemed a bit sad when he left!

With Aston Villa, 1st Division Champion 1981 European Cup winner 1982. Having won the First Division title with Nottingham Forest, Peter dropped down to the Second Division to join United for a club record fee of £200,000. Although popular on Tyneside, the big centre-forward was unable to lead the Magpies back in to the top flight.

If you take a look at any of the teams between 1979-1982 you'll be spoilt for choice. How the hell we managed to sign Peter Withe during that time is a complete mystery. Played for 2 Championship winning sides and scored the winner in the European Cup Final with 2 years with us sandwiched in between, in a s**** Div 2 team.....he even seemed a bit sad when he left!

With Aston Villa, 1st Division Champion 1981 European Cup winner 1982. Having won the First Division title with Nottingham Forest, Peter dropped down to the Second Division to join United for a club record fee of £200,000. Although popular on Tyneside, the big centre-forward was unable to lead the Magpies back in to the top flight.

This exactly  :D

Ameobi    Kuqi

De Jong

Smith            Obertan

Butt

Huntington  Cacapa  Boumsong  Carr

Elliot

Managerial team of Pardew&Souness would happily put this team out.

Mike Jeffrey anyone?

I remember asking him to sign my shirt once, he took off and gave me his shin pads and signed them, too. For that reason I think he gets a pass.

I saw him play for us. Was on the pitch for 15-20 minutes.Touched the ball twice . One was a shot that went for a throw and the other he slipped on the ball.

Guest Bert Shaft

Hooper

Bradshaw

Keely

Oates

Johnson

Fereday

Heard

Wilson

Askew

MacDonald (Rob)

Rafferty

Sub's

Cornwell

Whitehurst

Reilly

Bird

Larnach

Nikos Pappavasilou or however you spelt it, did he leave us as he had to do national service?

Nikos actually looked pretty good, laid on the ball for Cole to score our first ever PL goal, in the 1-1 at Manure. Then he just disappeared from the first team, I think there was a falling out with KK, much like Imre Varadi back in the day, if you believed the rumours.

Nikos Pappavasilou or however you spelt it, did he leave us as he had to do national service?

Nikos actually looked pretty good, laid on the ball for Cole to score our first ever PL goal, in the 1-1 at Manure. Then he just disappeared from the first team, I think there was a falling out with KK, much like Imre Varadi back in the day, if you believed the rumours.

It was our second.

It was our second.

secured the first point then?  sure that goal was the first PL something for us

First goal from one of our players too, given that the first (harshly imo) was ruled an og at Coventry.

This team has to include georgiadis imo. Fucking turbo-shit. Laughable to think panathanaikos were so gutted he left them.

Garry Brady has a shout for the title of ultimate forgettable waste of oxygen surely!!

Georgiadis scored an important goal in our '99 cup run, so he maybe gets a pass. There's frankly loads of midfield shite to pick from.

It was 4-1 and Ketsbaia won the game on his own. Georgiadis' goal was probably the least important goal by anyone ever, stupid Ron. Call the burns unit.