Injuries

Dan Gleebals

Top the the league again then.  Why is this club so bad at keeping its players free of injuries?  Downey and and then Billows employed for their respective records in producing excellent results, less injuries and generally much fitter squads.  So what is going wrong?

Aarons clearly a case of poor management as I am sure countless others are as well. With a small squad there is always a danger players will be rushed back to early.

Even with the amount of money in the sport now, developments in sports science, things seem to get worse.

I've always thought it was the weather, there aren't many places colder than Newcastle, could that cause muscle problems as we head into the coldest part of the year?

It's been as mild as anything though.

It's the 12th November and it's a balmy 13C outside.

Was 18C on Halloween, warmest since records began etc.

I've always thought it was the weather, there aren't many places colder than Newcastle, could that cause muscle problems as we head into the coldest part of the year?

There are plenty of places colder than Newcastle so I'll assume you mean teams playing in England. If the temperature was the issue Scottish teams would get more injuries than us.

There are plenty of places colder than Newcastle so I'll assume you mean teams playing in England. If the temperature was the issue Scottish teams would get more injuries than us.

Newcastle is not as cold as some people think, places further south and further from the coast are colder because the sea actually keeps us warmer as it acts like a radiator.  The sea temperature is warmer than the air temperature would normally be and it boosts our temperature.  I've lived down south and it was usually warmer in the summer and often colder in the winter.

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Newcastle-Upon-Tyne-weather-averages/Tyne-And-Wear/GB.aspx

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Birmingham-weather-averages/West-Midlands/GB.aspx