Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't sign him if I owned a football club at any level, but if any club wants to take the punt on him then they can deal with all the negativity and financial loss that follows.

B7A_JSDCMAAvog7.jpg

Exactly

Exactly what? 70,000 people signed a petition, no sensible person said 70,000 Oldham fans signed a petition. More than just Oldham fans have an opinion on this.

:lol: Yep. Shows them Oldham fans up for a) seemingly supporting a convicted rapist joining their club, b) assuming every single person who signed the petition is an Oldham fan and c) being thick as pig shit

B7A_JSDCMAAvog7.jpg

Exactly

Exactly what? 70,000 people signed a petition, no sensible person said 70,000 Oldham fans signed a petition. More than just Oldham fans have an opinion on this.

:lol: Yep. Shows them Oldham fans up for a) seemingly supporting a convicted rapist joining their club, b) assuming every single person who signed the petition is an Oldham fan and c) being thick as pig shit

a) well yes, that does seem to be the point

b) not really, the point is that 70,000 people not connected with the club in any meaningful way signed the petition

c) they weren't the ones misinterpreting a 4 word banner ;)

I don't think I've misinterpreted the banner though? It seems the point they're making is that 70,000 people signed the petition and these lads are wondering where a lot of them are every Oldham game, no?

No, they're not wondering where the petition signees are, they know full well that the petition signers are anywhere but Oldham. They didn't get to the match, look at the acres of empty seats and express their bewilderment at the lack of Wembley attendances by way of banner...

The banner kids are expressing their view that the petition signers clearly have nothing to do with the club, and don't speak for [this set of] oldham fans. And that's it.

Fiona Phillips says that once somebody has served their time they are entitled to return to work whether that's popular or not.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ched-evans-oldham-athletic-should-4950460

Is there anyone who hasn't had their say? :lol:

As many have said, if I did a rape I'd definitely not get my old job back. I'd probably have to move into another sector. Maybe Ched should consider getting a normal person job. I'm not sure where this "he's entitled to his old job" bollocks is coming from.

Fiona Phillips :lol: she's in the job where it 100% definitely isn't the case as well. Just pointlessly sticking her oar in.

No, they're not wondering where the petition signees are, they know full well that the petition signers are anywhere but Oldham. They didn't get to the match, look at the acres of empty seats and express their bewilderment at the lack of Wembley attendances by way of banner...

The banner kids are expressing their view that the petition signers clearly have nothing to do with the club, and don't speak for [this set of] oldham fans. And that's it.

Thus reiterating my point that they're advocating a rapist and coming across thick as pig shit. 70,000 people against a convicted rapist playing football again isn't exactly an enormous amount. How many fans WOULD want him playing for their club?

Thus reiterating my point that they're advocating a rapist and coming across thick as pig shit. 70,000 people against a convicted rapist playing football again isn't exactly an enormous amount. How many fans WOULD want him playing for their club?

So you agree that the chances are they probably aren't "assuming every single person who signed the petition is an Oldham fan"? ;)

So you agree that the chances are they probably aren't "assuming every single person who signed the petition is an Oldham fan"? ;)

Oh absolutely, but they're obviously assuming that enough of them are to be attending matches?

Oh absolutely

OK, cool...

but they're obviously assuming that enough of them are to be attending matches?

Not trying to be a dick, but this bit isn't quite clear to me... could you reword it for the hard of thinking please? :)

The banner is surely implying that whilst 70,000 people sgined a petition dissuading Oldham from signing a convicted rapist, the attendances continued to be poor.

The banner chaps are implying that whilst these 70,000 give enough of a shit to sign the petition, they don't give enoguh of a shit to attend Oldham's matches.

How exactly do you interpret it? :)

I would say they're coming across as open minded rather than thick as pig shit like, atleast more open minded than the idiots throwing abuse about on social media in retaliation to Oldham trying to sign CONVICTED RAPIST CHED EVANS.

:thup: Simon, it's pretty clear what the banner stands for.

I would say they're coming across as open minded rather than thick as pig shit like, atleast more open minded than the idiots throwing abuse about on social media in retaliation to Oldham trying to sign CONVICTED RAPIST CHED EVANS.

:thup: Simon, it's pretty clear what the banner stands for.

I wouldn't say it's pretty clear at all :lol:

It is, Simon has explained it better than I could already:

No, they're not wondering where the petition signees are, they know full well that the petition signers are anywhere but Oldham... The banner kids are expressing their view that the petition signers clearly have nothing to do with the club, and don't speak for [this set of] oldham fans. And that's it.

I get that they understand not all 70,000 are Oldham fans and, as pointed out, presumably have little or nothing to do with the club.

I’m sure some of the petition signees have got young kids they maybe take to matches, if they took them to the football and their team played Oldham, would they want them exposed to the kind of abuse that would be hurled towards Evans? The guy was in a privileged position and has been convicted of rape, I understand the argument that he could play again, but I also understand the argument against him playing again, hence why I said it’s not clear to me.

I agree, it's a fair opinion that any fan wouldn't want him at their club. I certainly wouldn't want him here (even if he was good enough) because of the baggage he brings, it's just not worth the hassle.

This is a case where other football fans are weighing in on whether or not Oldham should sign him though, which those fans are well within their right to believe is wrong.