Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

cheeky loan bid for cabaye to replace jonjo??

Won't happen but I'd love this

Play him in the Shelvey role until he comes back and then he could solve our no 10 problem

is he first choice at palace at the moment?

Cabaye man, he's hopeless nowadays.  Grasping after 65 mins every game.

He was like that for us TBF. Always seemed done around the 70min mark.

He's fairly well overrated by Newcastle fans in general IMO, a good player given time and space but not able to impose himself on a game, quite slow and runs out of steam quickly.

He's fairly well overrated by Newcastle fans in general IMO, a good player given time and space but not able to impose himself on a game, quite slow and runs out of steam quickly.

:thup:

Very good free kick taker it has to be said.

I disagree. I certainly feel if he plays well, we play well. My problem with him is his temperament; if he can't keep his cool for such little things at 24, will he ever?

I disagree. I certainly feel if he plays well, we play well. My problem with him is his temperament; if he can't keep his cool for such little things at 24, will he ever?

Sounds like you are talking about Shelvey. We are talking about Cabaye :lol:

They were both wrong but I can't see either getting overturned, they never like to undermine referees unless there's clear evidence. A wrong judgement won't do it.

So what's the point of the appeal process if they don't overturn wrong calls/judgements/sending offs? The sending off for Shelvey was for what appeared to be kicking out and Lansbury and hitting him in the face, which video shows did not happen. Dummett sent off for having Tripled Lansbury in the box, video shows he already falling over before contact was made.

What a shit appeal system.

They were both wrong but I can't see either getting overturned, they never like to undermine referees unless there's clear evidence. A wrong judgement won't do it.

So what's the point of the appeal process if they don't overturn wrong calls/judgements/sending offs? The sending off for Shelvey was for what appeared to be kicking out and Lansbury and hitting him in the face, which video shows did not happen. Dummett sent off for having Tripled Lansbury in the box, video shows he already falling over before contact was made.

What a shit appeal system.

When it's clearly a wrong decision I suppose, mistaken identity etc. Judgement is so subjective that they don't want to constantly correct referees. Shelvey didn't hit Lansbury in the face but plenty of people have argued that he does kick out or react in some way. That's probably enough to uphold the on-field decision. The Dummett one it's quite easy to claim that he did foul Lansbury and he was likely to score. That one is the most likely to be changed I guess, since the new rule. 

I'm not saying this is right BTW.

I think it's fair enough that the Shelvey sending off should stand, but Lansbury clearly kicked out at Shelvey first in the back of the legs. With tv coverage fairly comprehensive I would have thought there's a case he should be punished retrospectively. He was clearly taking the piss.

Wasn't Shelvey sent off for what appeared to be a post foul tussle / kick out that hit Lansbury in the face? Tv evidence shows the post foul tussle was instigated by Lansbury who kicked out first and Shelvey's kick out didn't land anywhere but the air; Lansbury was play acting and pretended to get hit in the face and scream in pain in order to send off shelvey.

That incident to me at minimum deserves punishment to Lansbury