Premier League agrees to freeze away ticket prices at £30 for next 3 years

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Premier League clubs have agreed to freeze the price of away tickets for travelling supporters at "no more than £30" ($43, 39 euros) for the next three seasons, officials announced on Wednesday.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/fans-victorious-premier-league-agrees-to-freeze-away-ticket-prices-at-30-for-next-three-seasons-2665904.html?utm_source=FP_CAT_LATEST_NEWS

Should've been £20 as that means some actually go up but it's something.

I think it is meant to be a maximum of £30 but maybe those clubs that charge less may use it to increase prices!

Should've been £20 as that means some actually go up but it's something.

I think it is meant to be a maximum of £30 but maybe those clubs that charge less may use it to increase prices!

That was my point :thup:

This is in place of the away day finding they provide to teams which we used for the £20 ticket deals with other clubs, some used it for busses etc. I would assume that our £20 reciprocal deals will end.

Guest Roger Kint

This is in place of the away day finding they provide to teams which we used for the £20 ticket deals with other clubs, some used it for busses etc. I would assume that our £20 reciprocal deals will end.

No. We used that money to reduce tickets to Arsenal and somewhere else on top of the reciprocal pricing. How could you even use the funding for a joint agreement with potentially 19 teams, we werent funded millions ffs? Did you consult savvywoman again or something?

Shame it couldn't be brought down to £20, think that seems a lot more reasonable. £30 is better than nothing though I guess, ridiculous how clubs can fleece away fans for £50+ whereas their fans might pay £20 for the return fixture.