Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Didn't realise it was Gateshead vs Hartlepool today, 1-1 at half time.

Shields (South) 1-0 up away at Banbury (who have lost like 8 in a row), and Spennymoor currently 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe. The 2 local sides meet at Shields on Friday. 

17 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Shields (South) 1-0 up away at Banbury (who have lost like 8 in a row), and Spennymoor currently 0-0 at home to Scunthorpe. The 2 local sides meet at Shields on Friday. 

2-1 Heed now 

3-1 Gateshead now. They should be fine as there's so many teams below them, and they may just need another 3 points in their final 6 matches, but Pools are bound to be looking over their shoulder a bit. Only 2 points from their last 5 if they lose this one, and 5 clear of the drop zone.

8 minutes ago, Disco said:
25 minutes ago, Paullow said:

2-1 Heed now

And 3. Back into the playoffs with a bang barring any fuck ups.

Obviously teams can have good and bad spells and rocket up and down the league, like Yeovil, Stockport, Oldham etc. but it's mad that this time 14 years ago we were in the same league as Scunthorpe and lost to them at the back end of 2009, yet, they are now in tier 6, playing the likes of Shields and currently losing to Spennymoor. They won't win the league this year, so the almost certainly the lottery of the 6 team playoffs for them.

Five now for the Heed, up to 4th with Solihull getting battered at home. Fair play to Blob. Doing some job there after Iron Mike left, could so easily have gone to shit.

Edit: 6 (six)

1 minute ago, FCB said:

South Shields 3-0 Banbury, pretty much eliminates any chance of Banbury staying up

It would be 9 defeats in a row for them. Don't know if there's any context, but their record was OK about 6 weeks ago, and this seems to have come from nowhere. They were above Spennymoor about 6 weeks ago, and could now be 27 points behind, given the two teams huge change of fortunes out of nowhere.

17 minutes ago, Disco said:

Five now for the Heed, up to 4th with Solihull getting battered at home. Fair play to Blob. Doing some job there after Iron Mike left, could so easily have gone to shit.

Edit: 6 (six)

Edit : 7

Spenny beat Scunthorpe 1-0 to make it 7 in a row, or 9 wins and a draw in their last 10 matches.

South Shields win 3-0 to make it 4 wins in a row.

They play each other on Friday and I'm so tempted to go, but will likely have to go by myself, and I'm a shit / nervy driver (coming from Hexham area), so would probably have to get the metro. I'ts MUCH easier driving to Spennymoor, so would have definitely gone if Spenny were at home. They play Farsley at home on Monday, so might go to that instead, but Shields vs Spenny is the much bigger match with the local edge and both in and around the playoffs.

image.png.889dbfeb9eac1bf054846e3d885af5df.png

image.thumb.png.8508d945d2717784c9d4b03f9076947c.png

Stunning turnaround. From 4 points above the drop zone and 17 off the playoffs, to now being only out on goal difference. Banbury are still on 37 points 9 games later [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Spenny beat Scunthorpe 1-0 to make it 7 in a row, or 9 wins and a draw in their last 10 matches.

South Shields win 3-0 to make it 4 wins in a row.

They play each other on Friday and I'm so tempted to go, but will likely have to go by myself, and I'm a shit / nervy driver (coming from Hexham area), so would probably have to get the metro. I'ts MUCH easier driving to Spennymoor, so would have definitely gone if Spenny were at home. They play Farsley at home on Monday, so might go to that instead, but Shields vs Spenny is the much bigger match with the local edge and both in and around the playoffs.

Might want to check the home end. But they’ve made our end ticket only. So if you do go you might need to sort a ticket out before going.  Should be a cracking game though. 

Just now, Chris L said:

Might want to check the home end. But they’ve made our end ticket only. So if you do go you might need to sort a ticket out before going.  Should be a cracking game though. 

I'm looking into it now. I'd rather Spenny won, and would prefer to be in the away end, but would be happy enough in the home end and watching as a neutral.

I'm looking at the metro now. I'd probably park in Jesmond and then it's just like 11 stops and 24 mins on the Metro, which is fine, but then, will services be running on Good Friday, and will they be limited?

Are you Spenny?