Our better form...

Guest thompers

Has alot to do with the fact we are breeding more confidence, which is partly due to the fact the chances we were creating are going in at the moment and we are having a bit more luck rather than punishment when we mess up at the back.

Alot of the team are playing better due to it.

Agree with Thompers. Ameobi is a horrible player and we are a better team without him. It's a shame that the only way we won't have to put up with him is through him getting injured, but if that's what it takes then let him be injured.

Yeah, let's forget the goals he's scored for us eh Towelie....

Or let's forget all the times he lost the ball and the times he looked like a complete waste of space. Worse than Milner, tbh.

Is he worse than Carr though?

Or let's forget all the times he lost the ball and the times he looked like a complete waste of space. Worse than Milner, tbh.

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

Thing is im sure you're serious :jesus:

Guest thompers

When he plays he we look toothless and we look like our only threat is through him, and of course this means he scored a handful. However, without him the whole team and how we play makes us look more likely to score. I'd GLADLY sacrifice his goals in exchange for our performances without him..

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

I am. Your pissing on Carr is way out of hand and all of your praising Milner is bollocks as well. Milner and Ameobi are both a complete waste of space, Carr I could be fine with for second choice RB.

I think the good form has all been about the balance of the team being right and allowing each player to play to their strengths knowing others can back up their weaknesses. Butt's defensive qualities are allowing emre to play his own game with confidence and attack the opposition. Parker also has great defensive qualities but i think others just can't rely on him to be sitting behind them and are consciously thinking do i need to cover for parker? and so they aren't being allowed to express their atacking skills. Nobby at right back has just been a real gift, if carr comes back into the team whilst Solano is fit i will be furious. I think Sibierski and martins compliment each other and i am really pleased to see Martins have the right partner which has really improved his game and silenced a few critics. With dyer in the team we look a real attacking threat, he brings so much pace back into the team through the middle of the park and creates so much space not just for himself but for others too. We have a great balance in the team at the moment i only hope that Roeder recognises this and continues to use it. The players seem alot more confident of their own play and the team's overall play, things are really starting to look up for this club.

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

I am. Your pissing on Carr is way out of hand and all of your praising Milner is bollocks as well. Milner and Ameobi are both a complete waste of space, Carr I could be fine with for second choice RB.

Milner has been our most dedicated and reliable players this season, how on earth can you say he is a waste of space?

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

Carr is the worst player we have at this club! At least Bramble has decent spells.

Shola the complete waste of space was a major part in us even making Europe this season, Milner was one of Villa's best player last season and was one of the most creative players in the league. This season he has been a little off (as have the whole team) but he has also shown his class in a few games, got some important assists and has generally pissed all over wonderboy N'Zogbia and Duff.

Carr is just fucking useless has maybe 1 decent game in 10 and the rest he spends fouling people who can move faster than the average walking pace! Dogshite!

Guest mikefin

Parker out, Butt in. With Butt, Emre can play his best game and is able to make things happening.

I rate Parker, but he is not attacking cm and never will. He doesnt see field as well as you should if you want to be playmaker. You cant teach that to anyone. Emre has that ability, but Roeder likes more to play Parker in that stupid "box-to-box" bullshit role and Emre's hands are tied.

Nobby is of course second reason. He is - like Emre -  creative player who likes to keep thing in his hands and know what to do about it. No matter if he is RB or RM, he knows what he can do if you give him the ball.

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

Carr is the worst player we have at this club! At least Bramble has decent spells.

Shola the complete waste of space was a major part in us even making Europe this season, Milner was one of Villa's best player last season and was one of the most creative players in the league. This season he has been a little off (as have the whole team) but he has also shown his class in a few games, got some important assists and has generally pissed all over wonderboy N'Zogbia and Duff.

Carr is just fucking useless has maybe 1 decent game in 10 and the rest he spends fouling people who can move faster than the average walking pace! Dogshite!

You might as well crack you head off a brick wall than talk to Towelie about Carr & Milner.

The guy has had too many acid trips in too short a space and the damage to his mind is irreversible.

:lol:

Carr I could be fine with for second choice RB.

Id agree, all he has ever needed is competition, he has been complacent from the get go here, who is going to dislodge him when fit?

He has never had competition and he knows he will always start if fit. He is popular amoungst the players for some reason as backup I could cope with him being around and im sure we will see a better player.

Like anyone else i will be more than happy to see him leave aswell.

Carr I could be fine with for second choice RB.

Id agree, all he has ever needed is competition, he has been complacent from the get go here, who is going to dislodge him when fit?

He has never had competition and he knows he will always start if fit. He is popular amoungst the players for some reason as backup I could cope with him being around and im sure we will see a better player.

Like anyone else i will be more than happy to see him leave aswell.

Lets make him captain then.

Well its what got GR his job, and Terry Mac is a canny egg as well.

All these canny talentless souls taking NUFC to the top.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I think the lack of confidence was the main reason why we was in the relegation zone, but then Dyer returned to the squad in with him we won a game and then we got confidence....simple as that (almost).

I can't see how anyone can blame Parker being out of the team beining the reason we are winning???

The 3 games we have won in the PL have been against teams we should beat!!! Some of you are acting as everything is perfect, we were lucky to beat all 3 of them, if it wasn't for us having the best goalkeeper in the PL, it would have been a totaly different story!

All this shit about having more balance in the team is bullshit! we arn't playing good football, were on a lucky run at the moment. When Harper was the goalkeeper and Parker was in the team, we played just as awfull as we are now, only difference is we somehow win the games now. Since Given came back, we havn't lost one game.

I'm not saying that Butt hasn't been good for us, but I think we all know Parker is the better player. Solano has been great at RB, that has also helped.

I can't see how anyone can blame Parker being out of the team beining the reason we are winning???

The 3 games we have won in the PL have been against teams we should beat!!! Some of you are acting as everything is perfect, we were lucky to beat all 3 of them, if it wasn't for us having the best goalkeeper in the PL, it would have been a totaly different story!

All this shit about having more balance in the team is bullshit! we arn't playing good football, were on a lucky run at the moment. When Harper was the goalkeeper and Parker was in the team, we played just as awfull as we are now, only difference is we somehow win the games now. Since Given came back, we havn't lost one game.

I'm not saying that Butt hasn't been good for us, but I think we all know Parker is the better player. Solano has been great at RB, that has also helped.

Don't know, I was strongly in the "Parker is a lot better than Butt" camp but Nicky has done an excellent job and does seem to add more balance and understanding to the midfield where as Emre and Parker together sometimes seem like they don't know which one should sit and which should get forward!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

A bit negative post but I mostly agree with you. Except you didnt mention Dyer's role in the turnaround.

Carr>Milner>Ameobi

Not worth arguing with that, not that I agree in the slightest about Milner. Just can't be bothered, I'd lay off the drugs personally and actually watch a match every now and then.

Guest mikefin

All this shit about having more balance in the team is bullshit! we arn't playing good football,

True and true, but we are playing better football now. We have actually created something when we didnt create shit earlier.

I still think we are not heading anywhere near to success and i still hope that Roeder leaves and i still hope that theres gonna be changes in the ownership, but the fact is, last three games (especially Pompey game) we have seen our three best performances so far.

Don't know, I was strongly in the "Parker is a lot better than Butt" camp but Nicky has done an excellent job and does seem to add more balance and understanding to the midfield where as Emre and Parker together sometimes seem like they don't know which one should sit and which should get forward!

My post was a little bit too negative, but I have to agree, that Butt is playing better then Parker at the moment, but longterm I'd pick an onform Parker over an onform Butt anyday. The biggest reason we are winning has to be Shay Given. I am a big fan of Dyer, but in all fairness he has only played one game. We will start loosing again if we don't increase our performence.

All this shit about having more balance in the team is bullshit! we arn't playing good football,

True and true, but we are playing better football now. We have actually created something when we didnt create shit earlier.

I still think we are not heading anywhere near to success and i still hope that Roeder leaves and i still hope that theres gonna be changes in the ownership, but the fact is, last three games (especially Pompey game) we have seen our three best performances so far.

Not trying to be negative, but the best performence of the season has to be against Pourtsmouth, were Dyer simply torn them apart, but we only won 1-0.  When we played Reading, we could so easily have lost the game, I think we were extremly lucky to get something out of that game, and against Blackburn we were also extremly lucky to get 3 point against a blackburn side who played over 50 min. with 10 men, and were all over us!  If we didn't have Given in goal, in all 3 of those matches, we could so easily have been looking at the situation at a whole different view.