Our better form...

Guest thompers

form!!! What form? we have won 3 PL games against Portsmouth, Reading and Blackburn, and we were extremly lucky to beat Reading and Blackburn. These are the so called easy games, and we just edged past them, even though Blackburn had 10 men for over 50 min. We have been playing like this all season, only difference is, Given is back. Had Harper who I also rate been in goal, we would probley have won one of those 3 games.

I don't understand all this... Oh it's Dyer or Solano or Butt... Dyer has played one game, and he was good, Solano is playing good at right back, but surly he isn't the difference? Butt has been playing good, but Parker was just as effective when he played in my ipinion. Shay came back against ARSENAL, and we havn't lost a game since.

All 3 teams are above us, and we was lucky to beat Reading and that was it.

F***ing hell, some fans are never happy....

Those teams are infront of us because we are piss poor! I'm not saying that we don't deserve to be were we are, we do. I am as delighted as anyone at the results, but not the performence, we have played this bad all season, the ONLY difference is we had Given who saved are ass in all those games (maybe not Portsmouth). Reading were by far the better team against us FACT, and 10 man Blackburn out played us! How can anyone be happy with that? If we had played the way we have in those games, and not won, we would be looking at this in a whole different view.

the truth hurts!!!

form!!! What form? we have won 3 PL games against Portsmouth, Reading and Blackburn, and we were extremly lucky to beat Reading and Blackburn. These are the so called easy games, and we just edged past them, even though Blackburn had 10 men for over 50 min. We have been playing like this all season, only difference is, Given is back. Had Harper who I also rate been in goal, we would probley have won one of those 3 games.

I don't understand all this... Oh it's Dyer or Solano or Butt... Dyer has played one game, and he was good, Solano is playing good at right back, but surly he isn't the difference? Butt has been playing good, but Parker was just as effective when he played in my ipinion. Shay came back against ARSENAL, and we havn't lost a game since.

Those teams are infront of us because we are piss poor! I'm not saying that we don't deserve to be were we are, we do. I am as delighted as anyone at the results, but not the performence, we have played this bad all season, the ONLY difference is we had Given who saved are ass in all those games (maybe not Portsmouth). Reading were by far the better team against us FACT, and 10 man Blackburn out played us! How can anyone be happy with that? If we had played the way we have in those games, and not won, we would be looking at this in a whole different view.

the truth hurts!!!

The sign of a good team is playing badly and winning.

Guest TheOrder

the truth hurts!!!

I honestly don't understand. We dominated Portsmouth, we dominated Reading apart from a mad 10 minutes, and we dominated the first half AWAY FROM HOME yesterday. Scoring 7 goals in three games in the premiership.

Boil ya heed man.

Edit- Not to mention having the longest injury list in the Premiership.

the truth hurts!!!

Blackburn outplayed us? :lol:

Cuckoo!

the truth hurts!!!

I honestly don't understand. We dominated Portsmouth, we dominated Reading apart from a mad 10 minutes, and we dominated the first half AWAY FROM HOME yesterday. Scoring 7 goals in three games in the premiership.

Boil ya heed man.

We dominated Portsmouth, but the rest is uncorrect. We played well against Reading in the first 20 min in the first half, and 10 min. in the 2 half, other then that, it was all Reading. And against Blackburn, they were just as good as us in the first half, only difference we scored twise, in the 2 half, the were all over us, remember they played with 10 man over half the game.

Can you honestly say "we are a team on form"?

Guest TheOrder

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

We dominated Portsmouth, but the rest is uncorrect. We played well against Reading in the first 20 min in the first half, and 10 min. in the 2 half, other then that, it was all Reading. And against Blackburn, they were just as good as us in the first half, only difference we scored twise, in the 2 half, the were all over us, remember they played with 10 min. over half the game.

Right. Aye, they were as good as us were they? Blackburn, first half?

I must of been facing the other way then.

You haven't a clue.

You haven't a clue.

I'm not trying to be negative, but thats how the game was. I think we have to do better if we are to get a UEFA cup place.

The result was perfect, the performence was not. Luck is on our side at the moment, how can people not see that?

Come back to me, after the next 4 games, and then maybe you will see the same picture.

Guest TheOrder

You haven't a clue.

I'm not trying to be negative, but thats how the game was. I think we have to do better if we are to get a UEFA cup place.

The result was perfect, the performence was not. Luck is on our side at the moment, how can people not see that?

Come back to me, after the next 4 games, and then maybe you will see the same picture.

Right. Thanks. I honestly didn't think about. How dare I have my own opinion?

If anyone needs me, I'll be not watching football.

Guest smoggeordie

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

We dominated Portsmouth, but the rest is uncorrect. We played well against Reading in the first 20 min in the first half, and 10 min. in the 2 half, other then that, it was all Reading. And against Blackburn, they were just as good as us in the first half, only difference we scored twise, in the 2 half, the were all over us, remember they played with 10 man over half the game.

3 wins on the bounce in very tricky matches with more injured players than available. Aye, i'd say we're in form.

You haven't a clue.

Oh please dont start with that :lol: I respect every opinion, as long as I get respected for my opinion.

Guest Knightrider

Who gives a damn about performances, really? I couldn't - it's the last thing we need to be concerned about. Getting points is the main priority and I'll take them however they come by our way. I don't care whether we  are lucky, scrappy or thuggish - get those points on the board so we can move away from the bottom.

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

3 wins on the bounce in very tricky matches with more injured players than available. Aye, i'd say we're in form.

Okay thats a fair point about injuries, but would you have change the team we have played? Personly I think thats our best team.

Given

Solano Tayler Ramage Baba

Milner Emre Butt Zoggy

Martins Sib (Dyer)

We knew Owen was out for the season, Butt is playing better then Parker. Duff is simply not up to it. Sib is better then Ameobi Solano is better then Carr. Given is better then Harper and Krul. So in MY opinion I don't see how we can blame injuries as much as we are. but of course it would be nice if they were all fit.

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

Okay thats a fair point about injuries, but would you have change the team we have played? Personly I think thats our best team.

Given

Milner Emre Butt Zoggy

Martins Sib (Dyer)

We knew Owen was out for the season, Butt is playing better then Parker. Duff is simply not up to it. Sib is better then Ameobi Solano is better then Carr. Given is better then Harper and Krul. So in MY opinion I don't see how we can blame injuries as much as we are. but of course it would be nice if they were all fit.

Just that Solano, Emre and Sibiersky might be out for the Chelsea-game.

Anyway, I'd stick Dyer in for Milner, Parker for Butt and Moore for Ramage, then that's our best team when Owen is out

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

Given

Milner Emre Butt Zoggy

Martins Sib (Dyer)

Just that Solano, Emre and Sibiersky might be out for the Chelsea-game.

Anyway, I'd stick Dyer in for Milner, Parker for Butt and Moore for Ramage, then that's our best team when Owen is out

Jesus!

With them all fit you would STILL use Parker and  Emre despite all the evidence that they are a crap pairing?

Guest smoggeordie

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

Given

Milner Emre Butt Zoggy

Martins Sib (Dyer)

Given

Nobby Ramage Taylor Baba

Dyer Butt Emre Zog

Martins Sib

is the best we have for this season IMO

the truth hurts!!!

Boil ya heed man.

Given

Milner Emre Butt Zoggy

Martins Sib (Dyer)

Given

Nobby Ramage Taylor Baba

Dyer Butt Emre Zog

Martins Sib

is the best we have for this season IMO

Pretty much in agreement with the midfield and up front. I'd prefer Moore and Bramble though ahead of Taylor and Ramage.

Guest thompers

You haven't a clue.

FFS why is your sarcasm always so witless?

Guest TheOrder

You haven't a clue.

Because I'm in complete awe of your superiority, of course.

A lot of people have been putting our recent turn of fortunes where form is concerned down to Parker being out, to which to some extent I agree. However, has it occured to anybody else that it's probably because we're not so one dimensional attacking wise now that...

is out injured?

Think it's turned out a fucking blessing in disguise, tbh!

Fred is obviously picking a better team.

Guest thompers

You haven't a clue.

:lol: Chuckle!!! Another rib tickling comeback from Rocker, King of Wit.

Guest TheOrder

You haven't a clue.

:lol: Chuckle!!! Another rib tickling comeback from Rocker, King of Wit.

With three exclamation marks, that must have been hillarious mate.

Guest Knightrider

N'Zogbia's entire poor form is down to Duff's arrival and subesquent displacing of him in the team, I'd pick Zoggy over Duff who I don't think we'll ever see the best of bar one or two moments. Chelsea got rid at the right time, he's no longer a top-class player IMO. Niggly injuries and drastic loss of form have had their wicked way with Duff and history shows when things like that happen, such players very rarely overcome them for any real sustained period of time. Robbie Fowler being a prime example. Duff used to have bags of energy and took on his man at will, today he runs out of fizzle quite early in games and doesn't seem to have that sharpness to make fools of his markers he once had.

I'm not saying he's fully finished but don't expect to see the Blackburn/Chelsea Duff - expect the Duff we've seen. Pretty on the eye at times with moments of class but inconsistent and overall, a shadow of his former self.

Zoggy is too valuable to our future to mess about positionally and selection wise and should, fitness permitting, start and be a mainstay of our side for years to come and he must be excused for any dips in form given his age and inexperience.

I want players on the up in our team, not on the way down unless our hands are forced - especially such talents as N'Zogbia.

For Duff read Moore also who while solid enough, won't be here much longer and his selection will only hamper Taylor who can only develop by playing games and learning from any mistakes made, not by being in and out of the side or pushed into various positions.

Once we are safe I'd dump quite a few of the old guard, personally.

I think the difference is we now carry some attacking threat. Martins has found his feet, and he's linking much better with the rest of the team. Dyer has been in and out but he's given everyone a bit of confidence. Butt and Emre compliment each other well, and we've finally got some attacking threat from the midfield, instead of Parker and Emre side by side. Solano's passing out of defence has been excellent.

The back four still looks dodgy though.