American tycoon Interested in toon takeover!!

Guest Christian Hayne

Interesting. I'd feel a bit happier about being taken over by a single businessman rather than some finance company.

It feels more and more like if we don't accept one of these takeovers, we're liable to be left behind.

Interesting. I'd feel a bit happier about being taken over by a single businessman rather than some finance company.

It feels more and more like if we don't accept one of these takeovers, we're liable to be left behind.

Reading about him from Wikipedia, he seems to have invested in several different sporting teams before selling them on. The Ice Hockey team he owns seems to be going through a bad spell under him. He is someone who would worry me to be honest.

Well, as I am from Sweden I know something about icehockey. The team he owns (Montreal) is the most successful team ever in the NHL and still is kind of good. But the point is though, in the NHL you draft players and the worst teams draft first. Also the league is closed. This means that if you suck for a long time you get to pick the best talents to your team year after year and then you can be a great team instead. Its not like it is in english football when the good just keeps getting better.

Point with all this, the owner can do pretty little compared to in football to get better results. You never buy players, you trade, there is a wage cap so you just cant have players on more cash either any more.

Also I see now when I check out Montreal, they actually seems to be doing great:)

Guest Christian Hayne

Gillett in £150 Million Toon Bid

Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd has had contact from George Gillett regarding a takeover. George Gillett has told Shepherd that he would like to begin talks over taking control of the club. Gillett was previously winning the race to takeover at Liverpool after a £450 Million bid was placed; but after Sheikh Mohammed made his interest known in taking over at Liverpool Gillett has fallen out of the frame. However Gillett still wants to own a Premiership club as he looks to Newcastle United as his next target. A representative of George Gillett said today that, “George is still interested in owning a Premiership Club. George believes Newcastle United are the ideal club with drive and ambition to take forward. We cannot say too much at the moment but we are currently in talks with the club.”

It is believed that Toon supremo Freddy Shepherd would much rather sell the club to and individual than to the Belgravia group who first showed there interest in the club in August. Freddy shepherd once again today reiterated what he has said previously, “When there is something to say regarding the take over we will have to tell the stock exchange and all shareholders.”

It is believed that Gillett would like to be in control of the club in time for the January transfer window for major investment in the team. This could still be possible if Gillett moves quickly as the Legal side of the takeover should be quicker than the Belgravia group as it is an individual buying the club.

My brother works for the Mirror in London, and has sent me this info saying this is what is going to be in it regarding our takeover. i don't trust the Mirror either but it seems quite good information.  bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

Guest TheOrder

take it out with the bloke that wrote it, my brother did say that it hasn't been edited yet.

Does your brother have dyslexia?

Guest Christian Hayne

take it out with the bloke that wrote it, my brother did say that it hasn't been edited yet.

Does your brother have dyslexia?

no not that i know of

Toon chairman Freddy Shepherd has had contact from George Gillett regarding a takeover. George Gillett has told Shepherd that he would like to begin talks over taking control of the club. Gillett was previously winning the race to takeover at Liverpool after a £450 Million bid was placed; but after Sheikh Mohammed made his interest known in taking over at Liverpool Gillett has fallen out of the frame. However Gillett still wants to own a Premiership club as he looks to Newcastle United as his next target. A representative of George Gillett said today that, “George is still interested in owning a Premiership Club. George believes Newcastle United are the ideal club with drive and ambition to take forward. We cannot say too much at the moment but we are currently in talks with the club.”

It is believed that Toon supremo Freddy Shepherd would much rather sell the club to and individual than to the Belgravia group who first showed there interest in the club in August. Freddy shepherd once again today reiterated what he has said previously, “When there is something to say regarding the take over we will have to tell the stock exchange and all shareholders.”

It is believed that Gillett would like to be in control of the club in time for the January transfer window for major investment in the team. This could still be possible if Gillett moves quickly as the Legal side of the takeover should be quicker than the Belgravia group as it is an individual buying the club.

My brother works for the Mirror in London, and has sent me this info saying this is what is going to be in it regarding our takeover. i don't trust the Mirror either but it seems quite good information.  bluebigeek.gif bluebigeek.gif

Dude, this is like your mate from Fulham all over again, not to mention that football scout guy you pretended to be once. Be prepared that if your information is made up, that will be your third strike, and no-one on here will believe any inside information you reveal in the future after that.

If you have just made all that up, now would be a good time to admit it, as if nothing of that sort is in the Mirror tomorrow, you'll be looking very stupid.

Dude, this is like your mate from Fulham all over again, not to mention that football scout guy you pretended to be once. Be prepared that if your information is made up, that will be your third strike, and no-one on here will believe any inside information you reveal in the future after that.

If you have just made all that up, now would be a good time to admit it, as if nothing of that sort is in the Mirror tomorrow, you'll be looking very stupid.

Not being funny T27 but I don't think ANYONE believes him anyway, he is the biggest joke "ITK" on the forum!

Be prepared that if your information is made up, that will be your third strike, and no-one on here will believe any inside information you reveal in the future after that.

Martin Jol has had far more than 3 strikes tbf.