Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing to see here - sure it's not happening now.

Quite the opposite.

Despite what she said in the article she knows the business world won’t take much of any note of what Ashley has said about her and her company, especially with the connections she has. Those connections and her money mean far more than Ashley’s words.

The people who do take note of what Ashley says is the football world and our fans. A lot of us now (not many on here) are questioning if her intent to buy us was real and if she really does run a big and successful company and have money behind her to do deals. This interview and the Times interview is her hitting back, it’s her telling us fan ‘I’m serious, I have the money, I am successful, and I have good intentions’. This is her reassuring us and the football world, not the business world and the only reason why she would want to do that is if she was going to keep persueing us.

Can't see her coughing up what Jabba wants. Wish I had your confidence.

A lot of her next move is going to depend on what league we are in and Rafa’s position. If we get relegated then there isn’t an increased offer coming in for the club. If we stay up then I’m confident she’ll up her bid, but it’s not going to be £350m-£400m.

As I say, she doesn’t need to come out and talk to protect her professional reputation, because it’s not been affected to those who matter to her (business world). She’s sending out a message of her stature to the fans and football community, and she’s doing so primarily to get us excited about her possibly buying us and for it to put pressure on Ashley to do what he’s claimed he wants to do, and that is to sell the club to someone who can take it forward.

Guest firetotheworks

her bravado over who she acts for is getting on me tits, pay the fuking money then and stop pissing around

Or...

There's one bidder, even that bidder won't pay the asking price. If you really want to sell, lower the asking price and stop pissing around.

her bravado over who she acts for is getting on me tits, pay the fuking money then and stop pissing around

Are you new on here? You’re an idiot.

People's hatred of Ashley is getting in the way. Staveley isn't blameless in this saga, her attempts to get fans onside is not needed (she isn't mike, job done).

People's hatred of Ashley is getting in the way. Staveley isn't blameless in this saga, her attempts to get fans onside is not needed (she isn't mike, job done).

You are quite simply very wrong.

Nee f***er backs the team anyway. 90 minutes of vitriol directed at the owner would be better for the team than the 90 minutes of moans and groans every time a pass is misplaced.

:thup:

Wew, divvint let the superfans paying 100s for season tickets see that.

You’re talking shite too.

You’re talking s**** too.

Please explain.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Or...is she Barry Moat in disguise...

It's been nagging me for a while that she's purely involved for show, is in cahoots with Ashley, with the intention of helping him to smoke out an actual bidder who will pay the money.

I obviously hope this is proved to be a ludicrous suggestion, however the way this process has played out in the press has bugged me. Most other takeovers take place in silence until they're announced

Please explain.

Well for a start, she's only spoke up after Ashley outright lied about her bids. You can't really see that ? Ashley trying to paint her as not genuine and who's stringing us along for her own gains by openly lying about her bid.

Honestly, can you not see why she would reply to his lies ?

Stellar page this one. 250 is a fair price given the devaluation, not sure how you can in all confidence apportion blame to PCP, (they could be?) we dont know who they are or what they've done. All I know is Ashley's MO and he'd be a nightmare to deal with. Just look at the transfer situation as a yardstick. This petty brinksmanship ship and smoke and mirrors is how he gets what he wants. He's also not used to this.

Intersting true faith pod tonight.

Please explain.

Well for a start, she's only spoke up after Ashley outright lied about her bids. You can't really see that ? Ashley trying to paint her as not genuine and who's stringing us along for her own gains by openly lying about her bid.

I just think there was a classy way of responding (not lowering herself to his standards & playing his game) maybe a short statement declaring her intentions for NUFC & that they are as interested as ever, especially with Rafa at the helm. I believe her interest is genuine but Ashley has his price so get closer and temp him to sell.

Please explain.

I just think there was a classy way of responding (not lowering herself to his standards & playing his game) maybe a short statement declaring her intentions for NUFC & that they are as interested as ever, especially with Rafa at the helm. I believe her interest is genuine but Ashley has his price so get closer and temp him to sell.

Isn't that pretty much exactly what she did? :lol:

Please explain.

Well that would be correct but she hasn't has she ? there's not much she's said that's wrong imo. The way you're thinking is exactly what Ashley wants, can't you see it ? The last ten years of this bullshit should tell you that surely ?

And in regard to the price, what if we go down ? should she pay less now if that happened because bellend head won't spend on transfers, i make her right in that to be honest. Also HMRC, i know i'm banging on about it but the fact it's included in the offers means something is up. What if she buys the club and the club get a £20m to £50m fine in the next year ?

Yeah he has a price, well fuck his price. All the shit advertising he's had for free for the last ten years and sponsorship we've lost out on, Wonga on the shirts, well he can get to fuck with that bollocks (i know this bit is a daft rant as his price matters but still, fuck the fat greedy lump of lying donkey spunk).