Martins Vs Owen

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Both...Damn, that wasn't an option :p

Too early to say though, for both of them.

Come on, got to make a choice, which is it?

Because we might (the manager) have to make that decision in the summer, as Martins was only brought in to replace Owen while injured, no doubt NUFC have left themselves skint because of the move.

Guest Ridzuan

I wish to have both.But if I have to choose one,I probably pick Owen,that if Sibierski signs for us permanently.Sibierski and Shearer has a lot in common,and during Owen's partnership with Shearer,they work very well and I expect the same too.I will judge Martins at the end of the season.

how i see it:

Owen:

Experienced

natural scorer

good pace

Injury prone

expensive

about to peak

Martins:

super pace

tricky

young

inconsistant

poor finishing

not fully adapted to EPL

Like i say, its close. But for me the youth of Martins, and the injury record of Owen make me favour Martins.

Guest theunis

All comes down to how mane games Owen takes to get some form because that is gonna make the difference. Just hope he gets some game time and does not get rushed back. But Rouder has good record nursing players back.

Martins for me, he seels great atm

Martins, if only because Owen isnt far off being as injury prone as they come. Doesnt matter how good Owen is, in my mind hell always be one collision, tackle, or outstretched boot away from picking up another injury, and therefore we can never build around him. Even if hes fit for 6 months and scoring plenty, therell always be the worry that in the next game hell do his hamstring, or his knee, or break a bone somewhere.

The wages hes on is a big factor for me too. Even if released on a free transfer, we could still afford to roughly sign a 10mill striker on 50k per week purely from the savings we would make from his wages alone (100k per week, lets say hes paid 50 weeks per year, 5mill a season, thats 20 mill over 4 years). Add on a transfer fee, and it wouldnt be silly at all to get rid.

Even though hes a class forward and we probably wouldnt be able to sign someone of his calibre, I think we'd do alot better with someone of Robbie Keane or Darren Bent's calibre, even though theres a relatively big gulf in class/ability.

WE NEED BOTH !!

YOU NEED GLASSES!

YOU HAVE NO PENIS!!!!  LOL

:roll:

Are you trying to be funny?

Sad sack.

Funnier than you  tongue.gif

School finished already, or are you on day release?

WE NEED BOTH !!

YOU NEED GLASSES!

YOU HAVE NO PENIS!!!!  LOL

:roll:

Are you trying to be funny?

Sad sack.

Funnier than you   tongue.gif

School finished already, or are you on day release?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: stop please your just too funny........not.

If we could only keep one of these strikers next season, which one would it be, Martins or Owen?

Owen has the class, but Martins has the youth, desire and speed for me.

Its close.

One misses 10% of games through injury, and the other 90% of games through injury.

Tough choice ?

Because we might (the manager) have to make that decision in the summer, as Martins was only brought in to replace Owen while injured, no doubt NUFC have left themselves skint because of the move.

Who the hell do you think you are starting stupid, rubbish and inncorrect speculation like that ?

Stupid thread really, as any idiot should know we need both of these players, its called  a SQUAD. The idea being that you need more than one good player in a position??

Who the hell do you think you are starting stupid, rubbish and inncorrect speculation like that ?

Stupid thread really, as any idiot should know we need both of these players, its called  a SQUAD. The idea being that you need more than one good player in a position??

I've really got to you haven't I?

If the thread is so stupid, why come and post in it? It can manage fine without you.

Pack the attitude in, you sound like a little jumped up prick going on like that.

I've really got to you haven't I?

If the thread is so stupid, why come and post in it? It can manage fine without you.

Pack the attitude in, you sound like a little jumped up prick going on like that.

Don't flatter yourself.

Just curious as to why you started up on me in the first place and as to why you like to make up far fetched ridiculous speculation with no proof and ask stupid questions when its obvious we need both these players. I think perhaps you may realise that we do need both these players now that several people have mentioned this, but instead of admitting it, you try and change your tack and try and pick faults with other things like my 'attitude' instead. Really pathetic you squirming like this, just admit it?