The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Not sure how anyone could want that cheating fraud of a club to win.

:thup: They are literally a propaganda tool for human rights abusers. Some things are more important than Liverpool being a bit annoying :lol:

I know too many gloryhunter Liverpool fans from up here

Same here, I grew up with loads in the 70s and 80s when they were dominant, that said, all the genuine LFC fans I know are spot on and I've never had any mither there.

They are definitely a proper football club though, City are a fucking sham that have bought & cheated their way to where they are, they also have fucking awful fans who can't be bothered to go half the time.

I know too many gloryhunter Liverpool fans from up here

Basically this. Hate everything Man City are but find Pep and a lot of their players relatively likeable. Can’t stand the media love in for Liverpool and this coupled with the amount of Liverpool fans I know from round here makes Man City the only realistic alternative.

Guest neesy111

:thup: They are literally a propaganda tool for human rights abusers. Some things are more important than Liverpool being a bit annoying :lol:

God you talk some shite.

I'm surprised our govt hasn't chucked them out if that's true. Don' they think it's more important than Liverpool being a bit annoying?

so was the World Cup in Russia. If you're going to start looking at moral issues in football you're going to be completely fucked. Take it you'll not be watching the Qatar world cup?

I'll watch them but I'd prefer them not to be in those places. Just as I'll watch Man City from time to time (actually barely watch them tbf) but want them to lose every game they play

God you talk some shite.

Want to actually debate my comment nah?

Because Liverpool winning it is the alternative? :lol:

I don't get that either, the top four or five teams are all trying to buy the title.

The money Liverpool spend comes from the revenue they as one of the worlds historicalky massive clubs are naturally able to generate.

Think Liverpool looked very good mind.

It's only that lack of guile in midfield and perhaps not the strongest characters that I think about.

I don't think Mane and Firminho are clinical enough in tight matches - not sure it will matter though. A slightly better finish from Mane and they win this easily.

They look a much stronger team but do lack some guile.

City so determined and were clinical. But I liked the look of Liverpool more at 0-0 and 1-1. City do have more players with a higher level of "bit of magic" and that's how they won with a mad work-rate.

City have massive problems at fullback. Missing De Bruyne massively in midfield too.

Things could all change. If Salah or Van Dijk get injured for the rest of the season, Liverpool won't win the title. Those 2 are so key. Otherwise a lot of the other players can come in and out the system.

I don't get that either, the top four or five teams are all trying to buy the title.

The money Liverpool spend comes from the revenue they as one of the worlds historicalky massive clubs are naturally able to generate.

They weren't always a massive club, don't think they were much bigger than Man City at one point until the Shankly revolution.

Guest neesy111

They weren't always a massive club, don't think they were much bigger than Man City at one point until the Shankly revolution.

Guess you can say the same for most clubs that become successful and big.

so was the World Cup in Russia. If you're going to start looking at moral issues in football you're going to be completely fucked. Take it you'll not be watching the Qatar world cup?

I'll watch them but I'd prefer them not to be in those places. Just as I'll watch Man City from time to time (actually barely watch them tbf) but want them to lose every game they play

What if they took over us?

I hope it never happens, don't know how I'd react though

so was the World Cup in Russia. If you're going to start looking at moral issues in football you're going to be completely f***ed. Take it you'll not be watching the Qatar world cup?

Bollocks. You'd be celebrating us winning everything in sight along with everyone else.

Shankly started winning trophies in the 60s, that's over 50 years ago man.  That's a long time being a big club

A quick look at their honours and they've steadily won trophies in the last century and a bit

so was the World Cup in Russia. If you're going to start looking at moral issues in football you're going to be completely f***ed. Take it you'll not be watching the Qatar world cup?

Bollocks. You'd be celebrating us winning everything in sight along with everyone else.

I probably would react like that tbf aye. That's why I hope it doesn't happen

Shankly built Liverpool in a proper manner not through being bankrolled by dodgy money

I do get the moral argument, but I mean where do you draw the line? Kluivert  killed someone driving, still people cheered him for us. I dunno you either take a full on stance against it all, or not at all.

Well I get what you mean obviously but I think there's a difference between an individual in the team being a bad person and the whole club being bankrolled and used as a way to improve the image of a horrific regime

Shankly built Liverpool in a proper manner not through being bankrolled by dodgy money

Exactly. There's some really interesting stuff out there about Man City's systematic cheating and how UEFA helped them.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20181103-uefa-football-leaks-psg-man-city-financial-fair-play-rules-platini-infantino-sarkozy-fifa

On another note the pressing in that game tonight was barely believable. Wouldn't surprise me if both sides were doping

Bernardo and Fernandinho in particular. Bernardo ended up doing his pressing and Aguero's.

Aguero may have just been tired but he looked injured. Barely moved at all come the end.

KDB, Kompany and Aguero. Fragile bodies for key players. Where Van Dijk and Salah haven't had an injury in some time.