The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

A bet with a North-Eastern flavour worth a couple of notes...

Sunderland to win the Championship

Hartlepool to win League Two

Gretna to win Scottish First Division

Berwick to win Scottish Third Division

Newcastle to win the UEFA Cup

400/1.

Blimey, that's worth a crack. You got any money on that?

I reckon the only one that won't happen is, unfortunately, NUFC. Worth a crack like at 400/1. Gonna do that mate, cheers.

EDIT: added Scunthorpe winning League One to the bet, they're 7 points clear so I thought I might as well, got odds of 803/1 at Bet365. Got £2 on. As I say, I reckon Newcastle will cost me it. Only 60/1 without us. :lol:

Yeah I've got £5 on those 5 coming off, and I've got another £5 at 30/1 on Sunderland, Berwick, Gretna & Hartlepool to win their leagues. God forbid though if Sunderland f*ck the bet up.

Looking good!

I just got bored and did my weekend bet.

Sheffield Utd v West Ham - West Ham@15/8

Sunderland v QPR - Sunderland@4/9

Coventry v Preston - Preston@6/4

Wycombe v Hartlepool - Hartlepool@11/8

Scunthorpe v Huddersfield - Scunthorpe@2/5

Oldham v Cheltenham - Oldham@8/11

£10 on that pays £600, which is fucking excellent.

Here's a tip someone told me about:

You know how most bookies will give you a free bet after you bet so much?  Say, for example, Betfred will match a £25 bet with a free bet.  Well stick a £25 bet on something, and at the same time, lay the same bet on Betfair.  That way, no matter what the outcome is, you'll break even (or be very slightly down).  Then you do exactly the same with your free bet, then you can withdraw it!  Free money!

Practically every online bookie has an offer like this, so there's lots to be made.

Alternatively, you could be like me and have already gambled away the free bets.

Guest makemeacupoftea

Here's a tip someone told me about:

You know how most bookies will give you a free bet after you bet so much?  Say, for example, Betfred will match a £25 bet with a free bet.  Well stick a £25 bet on something, and at the same time, lay the same bet on Betfair.  That way, no matter what the outcome is, you'll break even (or be very slightly down).  Then you do exactly the same with your free bet, then you can withdraw it!  Free money!

Practically every online bookie has an offer like this, so there's lots to be made.

Alternatively, you could be like me and have already gambled away the free bets.

what site offers free bets and how much are the free bets?

• 2 weeks later...

Done two bets today

one daft 10a on

Spurs

Sunderland

Wrexham

Spurs fucked it obvioulsy.

My more sensible one £20 on

Liverpool 1-0 up

St Johnstone 1-0 up

Schalke 2-0 up

waiting on Preston....come on £85 back if they do it.

I had Preston in an accumulator as well, totally bolloxed it up they're in shite form knew I shouldn't have bothered with them. Got a European one still going strong though just need Feyenoord and Ajax to come good tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

A bet with a North-Eastern flavour worth a couple of notes...

Sunderland to win the Championship

Hartlepool to win League Two

Gretna to win Scottish First Division

Berwick to win Scottish Third Division

Newcastle to win the UEFA Cup

400/1.

Blimey, that's worth a crack. You got any money on that?

I reckon the only one that won't happen is, unfortunately, NUFC. Worth a crack like at 400/1. Gonna do that mate, cheers.

EDIT: added Scunthorpe winning League One to the bet, they're 7 points clear so I thought I might as well, got odds of 803/1 at Bet365. Got £2 on. As I say, I reckon Newcastle will cost me it. Only 60/1 without us. :lol:

Yeah I've got £5 on those 5 coming off, and I've got another £5 at 30/1 on Sunderland, Berwick, Gretna & Hartlepool to win their leagues. God forbid though if Sunderland f*ck the bet up.

Looking good!

F*cking Hartlepool. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest Southern Geordie

I got an e-mail from coral today called "age verification". Saying as I registered on a debit card they cancelled my account as people under 18 could register.. Just wondering if anybody else has had to do this? I'm contemplating taking my ID into coral or e-mailing them or something.

Any ideas?

I got an e-mail from coral today called "age verification". Saying as I registered on a debit card they cancelled my account as people under 18 could register.. Just wondering if anybody else has had to do this? I'm contemplating taking my ID into coral or e-mailing them or something.

Any ideas?

i'm registered with ladbrokes and blue square using a debit card and gave my date of birth but never needed any verification

anyway send them an e-mail or ring them  (maybe get you dad to do it sonny)

Guest Coubury

i got hit with that on ladbrokes because i was using a solo debit card

just scan an image of a passport/friving license and email them thats all i done and they re opened it

Guest Southern Geordie

I ain't that fussed bout it, will probably just take my ID into coral and get them to verify it there. Probs for the best that my account has been suspended!