Sold? Not Yet

ToonTastic

Guest Gemmill

A reclusive owner who shuns publicity will be a very pleasant contrast to Shepherd. Likewise his intention to appoint the best available people and let them do their jobs.

Getting rid of Roeder at this stage would be a mistake though IMO. I'd look at the situation at the end of the season. Not giving Roeder a chance feels like a vote of no confidence in the players as much as anything. Our position isn't the same as West Ham's.

It occurs to me that there's going to be a few clubs intending to spend in January. Competition for only a limited number of available players might be quite fierce.

If this goes through, and this lot can attract a top class coach, then I would have no problems with them ditching Roeder tbh.  Roeder is a middle of the road manager, and we don't want to waste huge transfer kitties on a middle of the road manager.  If you can attract someone at the top of the game then get shot tbh.

A reclusive owner who shuns publicity will be a very pleasant contrast to Shepherd. Likewise his intention to appoint the best available people and let them do their jobs.

Getting rid of Roeder at this stage would be a mistake though IMO. I'd look at the situation at the end of the season. Not giving Roeder a chance feels like a vote of no confidence in the players as much as anything. Our position isn't the same as West Ham's.

It occurs to me that there's going to be a few clubs intending to spend in January. Competition for only a limited number of available players might be quite fierce.

If this goes through, and this lot can attract a top class coach, then I would have no problems with them ditching Roeder tbh.  Roeder is a middle of the road manager, and we don't want to waste huge transfer kitties on a middle of the road manager.  If you can attract someone at the top of the game then get shot tbh.

here comes the hitzfeld rumours....  :lol:

www.hitzfeldforthetoon.com :)

Guest TheOrder

bezzie mate.

christ, there's a term i ain't heard in years. you don't hear a lot of it in London..

I've not even heard it in shields man:D

Thought it was a scouse thing?

bezzie mate.

christ, there's a term i ain't heard in years. you don't hear a lot of it in London..

I've not even heard it in shields man:D

Thought it was a scouse thing?

aye, i heard it a lot from souse mates that i used to have but heard it a fair bit in Northumberland when i was growing up.

Polygon are a hedge fund (IIRC), but when they were looking at the toon before i dont think they had a heavy backer like UBS.

If reports are true, they've wiped off £87m worth of debt when buying the club, so even if they fail, we've just been given £87m plus whatever they allow GR to spend in the winter window, and there after.

I think anyone is better than what we've got right now, i just hope even the most hardened FS fans will be impressed by the new lot coming in, and we all enjoy success together, finally.

they always had the UBS backing as far as i remember.

I don't recall hearing that, and I'm pretty sure I would've remembered. You don't forget UBS :D Any idea where you think you heard it?

cant remember the exact source, but recall that when polygon were initially mentioned, it was said that UBS were financing the deal. quick search on the forum showed UBS+ Polygon mentioned together in June.

also found this in the Independent http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20060620/ai_n16488373

Polygon and UBS, with a group of money men rather than one high-profile individual behind the takeover, began talking to Newcastle last summer before placing their accepted offer of 93p per share on the table.

This values the club at £140 million with the deal also including picking up the monster debts of £87m.

Newcastle shares closed yesterday at a year's high of 75.5p, up 1.5p on the day.

The imminent takeover will lead to wholesale changes on the Newcastle board, although it is yet to be decided which of the financiers will run the club or the make-up of the new board.

But certainly it will signal the end of the Hall era at Tyneside as well as the departure of current chairman Shepherd.

The Halls, through the 28.5 per cent controlled by former chairman and current president Sir John's Wynyard company, and the 13 per cent connected to his son Douglas, will walk away with around £48m from the sale.

Shepherd, who owns 26.7 per cent will receive around £20m.

26.7% of £140m = £20m ?

Shepherd has around 37m shares @ 93p each that's about £34.4m

The numbers in this article don't add up.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

I can't believe how quick some of you are at burying Roeder.      The team is playing with the best commitment its shown in years, even during the Robson years and if it weren't for him everyone would be hoping for Premiership football next season.

I've never felt anything so positive about Newcastle since the days of Keegan.  Perhaps some of you would want a 'top manager' every three months and I think that you should hope that the new buyers install the Hearts chairman to oversee things.

I can't believe the ingratitude shown to the manager.

Guest Kenton Magpie

To be fair Taylor mate, the season isnt over yet, we all know glenn wont get us challeging for the top four or out but while he is here and appears to be turning things around again he has my support

Guest Gemmill

I can't believe how quick some of you are at burying Roeder.      The team is playing with the best commitment its shown in years, even during the Robson years and if it weren't for him everyone would be hoping for Premiership football next season.

I've never felt anything so positive about Newcastle since the days of Keegan.   Perhaps some of you would want a 'top manager' every three months and I think that you should hope that the new buyers install the Hearts chairman to oversee things.

Eh?  We've lost a boatload of games this season.  Played 17 and we're on 19 points.  Are you fucking mental?

Guest Gemmill

To be fair Taylor mate, the season isnt over yet, we all know glenn wont get us challeging for the top four or out but while he is here and appears to be turning things around again he has my support

I don't really understand that though.  Appearing to be turning things round, whilst accepting that he won't get us anywhere near to the top 4 isn't good enough imo.  Not if you're going to have a load of cash behind you. 

I've never felt anything so positive about Newcastle since the days of Keegan.   Perhaps some of you would want a 'top manager' every three months and I think that you should hope that the new buyers install the Hearts chairman to oversee things.

While I'm not one of the people who would sack Roeder (unless we got a really class manager) I can't believe the overreaction to a few decent results from you. I know we've had injuries but we were dreadful early in the season when we had more players available.

Guest Gemmill

so.. this is FACT !!! ???

No more shepherd ?

UBS and Polygon REALLY BOUGHT NEWCASTLE UNITED ???

Nope.  Not until there's an announcement to the stock exchange.

Guest shearer_united

so.. this is FACT !!! ???

No more shepherd ?

UBS and Polygon REALLY BOUGHT NEWCASTLE UNITED ???

Nope. Not until there's an announcement to the stock exchange.

when do you think that would be around ? 12am ?