Sold? Not Yet

ToonTastic

were not sold - and wont be for now.

if there really isnt a due dilligence going on, no one is looking to make a bid right now (unless they have already concluded their due dilligence.... i which case it is a pretty shitty statement)

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Blast!  That £20m could have been used to buy Owen a new leg.  Oh well, back to the UEFA draw and to the pub before I start to remember watching the cricket.

Guest johnson293

If an official bid for the club has been made Shepherd would have to make a statement to the Stock Exchange. That hasn't happened yet.

Come on Freddie do the right thing, take the money and F*** off!

Just checked the London Stock Exchange website again...

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/system/detailedprices.htm?sym=GB0006572795GBGBXSEQ10657279NCU

It states there are special conditions on the company listing....

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/priceshelp/specialconditions.htm

"Bid Situation

This security is currently engaged in a bid situation, whether hostile or otherwise"

Is this the bid that the club denies receiving?

This was listed on there earlier this morning, prior to the clubs official statement. Surely the LSE wouldn't just react to media speculation?

MJ

Polygon and UBS, with a group of money men rather than one high-profile individual behind the takeover, began talking to Newcastle last summer before placing their accepted offer of 93p per share on the table.

if thats true then theres still margin there atmo....shares have offer price of 85p.

so if you move fast you can make a bit on them.....i just bought 750, all i could afford atmo

:lol:

Polygon and UBS, with a group of money men rather than one high-profile individual behind the takeover, began talking to Newcastle last summer before placing their accepted offer of 93p per share on the table.

if thats true then theres still margin there atmo....shares have offer price of 85p.

so if you move fast you can make a bit on them.....i just bought 750, all i could afford atmo

http://www.classichollywoodbios.com/Images/Ralph%20Bellamy%20Images/Bellamy-Ameche%20Trading%20Places.jpg

:lol: Whoops!

from teh Beeb

Newcastle deny takeover rumours

Newcastle have announced they are yet to accept any takeover bid.

Reports in Friday's newspapers claimed American financiers Polygon and the United Bank of Switzerland (UBS) had succeeded with a joint £227m bid.

But a Newcastle statement said: "The board wishes to clarify that it has not accepted any proposals nor is any due diligence being conducted.  "There can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer will be made."

The Magpies have been the subject of takeover rumours for some time. Jersey-based investors The Belgravia Group appeared to be leading the chase after opening talks with the club over the summer.  However, the Daily Mail reported on Friday that Polygon and UBS were poised to complete a takeover.  That led Newcastle's share price to rise by 8% but the club are adamant that they are no nearer to finding a new owner.

Six of the Premier League's 20 clubs have foreign owners - Chelsea, Manchester United, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Fulham and West Ham. Liverpool have announced they are in "exclusive negotiations" with a Dubai-based consortium for a possible takeover.

http://www.classichollywoodbios.com/Images/Ralph%20Bellamy%20Images/Bellamy-Ameche%20Trading%20Places.jpg

Turn those machines back onnnnnn........    bluewink.gif

The club has come out and said that the club has not yet been sold.  But I find the language to be very interesting.  The statement on the official website reads:

THE Board of Newcastle notes the further press speculation in the Daily Mail today concerning a possible offer for Newcastle United.

The Board wishes to clarify that it has not accepted any proposals for the Company from any party nor is any due diligence being conducted on the Company.

Therefore there can be no certainty that an offer will be made, nor as to the terms on which any offer would be made.

A further statement will be made as appropriate.

I find this language very interesting however.

It says that an offer has not been accepted, but it does not say that an offer has not been received.  This suggests that an offer has been received. It also says that no due-diligence is underway, but it does not say that due-diligence hasn't already been done, which it would have been if an offer had been received.  The final sentence only says that there can be no certainty about an offer, which is accurate because they have neither confirmed nor denied an offer has been received.

My interpretation of this is that the Mirror is bang on.  Informal negotiations have been completed, due-diligence has been satisfied and a formal offer has now been received by the Board.

If an official bid for the club has been made Shepherd would have to make a statement to the Stock Exchange. That hasn't happened yet.

Come on Freddie do the right thing, take the money and F*** off!

Just checked the London Stock Exchange website again...

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/system/detailedprices.htm?sym=GB0006572795GBGBXSEQ10657279NCU

It states there are special conditions on the company listing....

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/priceshelp/specialconditions.htm

"Bid Situation

This security is currently engaged in a bid situation, whether hostile or otherwise"

Is this the bid that the club denies receiving?

This was listed on there earlier this morning, prior to the clubs official statement. Surely the LSE wouldn't just react to media speculation?

MJ

We've been in a bid situation for weeks - ever since the first approach was made.

My guess is that it is likely we are in discussions with certain parties and a formal offer isn't being announced until the price is agreed as when the formal offer goes in the price will go nuts - as juts seen this morning on the back of a newspaper article!

Mind, a formal offer will be subject to due diligence so they don't have to do it before - mind that doesn't mean NUFC haven't given them the information they need to make a credible offer!

That being said, anything could stop that offer coming about, particularly if a signficant shareholder is being a greedy g*t!

due-diligence hasn't already been done, which it would have been if an offer had been received.

Wrong, offer can come in subject to DD

But for an offer to become official and "live" all conditions need to have been removed. This is done by the club satisfying their requirements, hence if the offer has become live/unconditional due-diligence would have to have been completed.

due-diligence hasn't already been done, which it would have been if an offer had been received.

Wrong, offer can come in subject to DD

But for an offer to become official and "live" all conditions need to have been removed. This is done by the club satisfying their requirements, hence if the offer has become live/unconditional due-diligence would have to have been completed.

I agree, live and unconditional is another matter - an initial offer letter though should be given to the Board to decide whether they think its a offer they can recommend and allow the party access to perform DD.  I'm guessing, and purely guessing that they are at this stage at the moment -  and there is a haggling over price.

Guest Darth Toon

I still think it'll happen just the board is covering it's back in terms of announcing to the stock exchange

I agree - the club statement is a long way from being a complete denial.

i am 100% confident that a takeover will happen, if it isnt this lot it will be someone else

Seeing as its you saying that, have you any reason for your confidence other than faith?

i am 100% confident that a takeover will happen, if it isnt this lot it will be someone else

Seeing as its you saying that, have you any reason for your confidence other than faith?

none at all, and i have officially lost my ITK status as I have been nothing but 100% wrong for about the last 18 months! bluebiggrin.gif

none at all, and i have officially lost my ITK status as I have been nothing but 100% wrong for about the last 18 months! bluebiggrin.gif

You're no Christian Hayne, that's for sure :D