2 Juve youth players drown in lake

Dokko

skysports

Juventus postponed their Serie B game with Cesena on Friday evening after two players in their youth team drowned in a lake inside the club's training facility.

Fire brigade divers were called to the incident but they could save neither player as they retrieved the bodies of the pair, both aged 17, from the small artificial lake.

It is thought that the two players fell in the lake, and ice-cold waters, as they attempted to retreive a stray football - according to reports in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

The club's website confirmed that the game had been postponed after a serious incident but declined to give details of what had occurred.

Have you never played football or even been outside when it is warm and then suddenly it starts raining? The moment it hits your chest it knocks all breath out of you and it's hard to steady your breathing and then you start to feel panicky.

That happened to me about a month ago playing in a match and i though i was having some kind of attack. I had to use our Keeper's inhaler, even though i'm not asthmatic, and our keeper who had been standing idle had to be subbed to go and sit in his Dad's car to stop him having an astma attack.

I imagine the shock between the range of tempertures in and out of the lake made the boys like this too, though of course to a much worse extent. Though why they didn't get out after they realised they were in trouble is beyond me.

EDIT - Oh the boat thing would explain them not getting out.

Guest the_guv_nor

obviously we dont know all the circumstances but wouldnt your insticts tell you to hold onto the ball to keep you afloat till help arrived.

Terrible news!

RIP

• 2 weeks later...