Klose ready to sacrifice Champions League football

Nobby

JUVE MOVE KLOSE TO MIROSLAV'S HEART

Werder Bremen striker Miroslav Klose is ready to sacrifice Champions League football next season in a bid to sign for Serie B side Juventus.

The Germany frontman has been strongly linked with the Turin outfit and his agent Alexander Schutt had already stated that playing European football - which Juve won't have next season - is not a necessity.

"I already told the Werder management that I am interested in moving to a foreign league," Klose told the Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport. "I am only 28 and I can still do well.

"I have read that (Juve coach) Didier Deschamps said very nice things about me and I want to thank him," he added.

"It is flattering to know that the boss of one of the most important sides in the world has a high consideration of me."

Klose, last season's Bundesliga top scorer, is contracted to Werder until 2008 and the club are keen to extend his deal.

"It is too early to discuss the details of a new contract. I have already met the management and will meet them again in January. Now I only want to focus on our next Bundesliga match.

"Not playing a European competition next season would not be a problem for me.

"What really matters is the club's project for the future, the important thing is for Juve to immediately return to Serie A," added the £15million-rated Klose.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/germany/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/12/14/manual_133927.html&TEAMHD=germany

They've all been subjects worthy of starting threads though... not like others who you instantly recognise as being lunatics.

Anyway, it's annoying to see that Juve, even as a second tier club still have enough caché to lure great players.

Still going on about Klose. :roll:

Like we were ever going to sign the World Cup's top goalscorer.

we should have more chance than Juve tbh

Nah. Juve probably still hold the same high regard as they did beforehand. They're temporarily in a division below, a division which they are rightfully absolutely dominating. Unbeaten in 15 - 11 games won. 6 goals conceded - praise Jean-Alain.

Still going on about Klose. :roll:

Like we were ever going to sign the World Cup's top goalscorer.

we should have more chance than Juve tbh

Nah. Juve probably still hold the same high regard as they did beforehand. They're temporarily in a division below, a division which they are rightfully absolutely dominating. Unbeaten in 15 - 11 games won. 6 goals conceded - praise Jean-Alain.

Good, fee rises more games and promotion, we should see £5.5m back very soon.

We have £3.25m at the moment, the extra £2.25m coming from promotion and 30 league games IIRC.