UEFA Cup Draw Thread

Guest BooBoo

Newcastle or Zulte v Fenner or AZ

Uh.. Not too bad.. AZ are decent though.

I'm confident we can take them.

We just need some players back, and some money spent in the window, and we'll cream them.

Cups in the bag tbh.

What they both said!

By the way, Zulte Waregem are having quite a row on their team colours. A few years back two teams, Zulte and Waregem, went together to become Zulte Waregem. Zulte was green and yellow, Waregem was red and white, their new and current team colours became red and green. But quite a few hardcore Waregem fans (Waregem is by far the one of them with the biggest history) continue to wear red and white, their old colours, when they go to the games. Now for their latest European game against Ajax the team directors and the police decided that any Zulte Waregem fans wearing red and white would straightaway be arrested.

Guest Leftfoot

Dont fancy playing Fenerbache again to be honest.

We won't have to.

Why are you so sure about that?

Erm AZ will beat them?

I think Fener are favorites against AZ.

reckon we deserved a bit of luck in the draw after the group stages...........and as for AZ or the team who's fans want you to "eat crushed dog shit" it aint that bad as at leat 1 team in each pairing is decent throughout the draw.

Guest GHoeberX

I think AZ will beat Newcastle. If you win 1-2 in Sevilla agianst the Waffa Cup holders AND title contenders of Spain; if you are above Ajax in the Netherlands.... yeah they'll beat Newcastle!

I think AZ will beat Newcastle. If you win 1-2 in Sevilla agianst the Waffa Cup holders AND title contenders of Spain; if you are above Ajax in the Netherlands.... yeah they'll beat Newcastle!

There is a lot of football to be played by the time (even, IF) we play AZ not to mention a transfer window with a potentially full wallet for Glenn to empty so I wouldn't be making too many assumptions on this one.

Also, no club will relish a trip a turkey.

Guest Deep456

Ajax aint as good as they use to be. Anyways  Az aren't great and we will win just like we beat Palermo.

Ajax aint as good as they use to be. Anyways  Az aren't great and we will win just like we beat Palermo.

:lol:

We beat Palermo reserves. If Palermo had put our there first team we would have been beaten.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Also note that they will certainly not be playing in their own stadium. So far this season they've played their European home games in Ghent but they may play this one in Bruges.

Thanks for this information.  I may visit friends and top up aging beer tabs in Antwerpen that week.

Guest Deep456

:lol:

We beat Palermo reserves. If Palermo had put our there first team we would have been beaten.

Worst Newcastle supporter ever get the door and get out. We played our reserves have you not noticed our depleted team due to injuries it is something like 15. They didn't play 3 players we didn't play our whole team ffs.

Guest GHoeberX

You are right about Ajax, but you are oh so wrong about AZ! Louis van Gaal is the coach and he has young players, just like he had in 1995! With young players, Louis = king! Stijn Schaars, Moussa Dembele, Martens, Mendez da Silva... all fantastic players!! And the older ones like Cziommer, Arveladze, Tim de Cler and Waterreus are great too!

we should beat Z waregem 2 times, away and home

they are not a good side, i live in belgium so i know, I'm going to the game.

So happy they drew z waregem

AZ is more then beatable

the game will be played in gent s o only 12500 fans allowed, dunno what the away allocation will be, probably 2000 to 2500.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

we should beat Z waregem 2 times, away and home

they are not a good side, i live in belgium so i know, I'm going to the game.

So happy they drew z waregem

AZ is more then beatable

the game will be played in gent s o only 12500 fans allowed, dunno what the away allocation will be, probably 2000 to 2500.

Right, I may see if I can get over there; Antwerpen is just down the road from Ghent.    Thanks for the information.  I need a good excuse to go back to my old haunts.

I don't want to sound cocky, but I'm taking it for granted we're in the Quarter Finals.  Fenerbahce are shit, for a team to come to SJP in front of just 31,000 when we're playing utter shite football, confidence low, against our reserve team and create ZERO chances, I'm taking it for granted we'll put them out.

AZ Alkmaar won't be too difficult an obstacle in my opinion, we'll have nearly all our players back in March anyway not counting for further injuries like, so beating a team who's star player a couldn't get a game for fuckin Rangers will not be too difficult.  You have to look at the Premiership now, look at the results our teams have been getting in Europe, at least 2/3rds of the Premiership sides are better quality than almost anyone in the UEFA Cup, and for a rich club like us not to expect to beat little dutch and belgian clubs is ridiculous.  Look at Blackburn, they're absolutely shite, and could go down, they go to Feyenoord and by all accounts are unlucky not to win 0-4.

If we avoid Werder Bremen, there seriously is no one that we should feel under dogs against.  We're the richest club in it, we spend the most money, and I guarantee we'll spend more in January than any UEFA Cup team, and I expect to be heading over the A69 and up the M74 in May. 

I might go to this Zulte Waregem game like, Gent is 20 miles from Brussels.  You can get a Eurostar from Waterloo to Brussels return for about 45 quid, could be an option.

Werder Bremen 11/2 Bet

Sevilla 11/2 Bet

Tottenham 9/1 Bet   :lol: YSIFS CNH SC

Newcastle 14/1 Bet

Benfica 16/1 Bet

Espanyol 16/1 Bet

AZ 20/1 Bet

CSKA Moscow 20/1 Bet

Blackburn 25/1 Bet

Rangers 25/1 Bet   :lol:

Shakhtar Donetsk 33/1 Bet

Ajax 33/1 Bet

Parma 33/1 Bet

Bordeaux 33/1 Bet

Osasuna 33/1 Bet

Celta Vigo 33/1 Bet

AEK Athens 33/1 Bet

Bayer Leverkusen 33/1 Bet

Spartak Moscow 40/1 Bet

PSG 40/1 Bet

Lens 40/1 Bet

Fenerbahce 40/1 Bet

Panathinaikos 40/1 Bet

Nancy 50/1 Bet

Feyenoord 50/1 Bet

Livorno 50/1 Bet

Steaua Bucharest 66/1 Bet

Dinamo Bucharest 66/1 Bet

Maccabi Haifa 100/1 Bet

Braga 125/1 Bet

Hapoel Tel Aviv 150/1 Bet

SV Zulte Waregem 200/1 Bet

Fantastic draw for the Last 32... best we could have hoped for without a doubt. We get past them comfortably.

Shit draw for the next one, though. Bremen-Ajax was the one to avoid, we got the next worst. AZ are arguably the best side in Holland at the moment, and beat Sevilla 2-1 IN Sevilla last night. They got to the semis the last time we were in it n'all. Luis Van Gaal is a very good coach. Shite.

And, if by some masterstroke Fenerbahce knock em out, i don't facny a trip to Turkey.

i would like to go to this match if i can get tickets. I checked the eurostar and it is 59 pound return to brussels and gent isn't that far from there so that shouldn't be a problem, the eurostar is also pretty regular so there's good options on when you want to go home.