Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton - 21/04/19

Disco

Exactly, unfortunately what he has apologised for is not a criminal offence. The others in the area are friends of his so would presumably not corroborate my version of events.

He has denied using the homophobic language - he said "fucking puffs" at least three times throughout the game - and as others have said on that point it is one persons word against another. As the club have pointed out, I could report that as a criminal offence.

Report it as a criminal offence.

Does he go on rants or is it more just like one off remarks? I was wondering if it would be worth keeping your phone handy to record him saying this stuff.

Exactly, unfortunately what he has apologised for is not a criminal offence. The others in the area are friends of his so would presumably not corroborate my version of events.

He has denied using the homophobic language - he said "fucking puffs" at least three times throughout the game - and as others have said on that point it is one persons word against another. As the club have pointed out, I could report that as a criminal offence.

Every single person, bar you, is friends with this pathetic specimen? There must be others.

Not especially surprising but the club is in a really difficult position. As for reporting to the police, possibly should but can't see them doing anything different tbh. Maybe this will prevent him using the language in future games regardless for fear of it coming up again.