Newcastle United 3-1 Southampton - 21/04/19

Disco

Re Owens comments. Is there another club that is more consistently shit on by many of its ex players and managers than us?

I'd say no, at a guess. BT had ex-Saints player, Francis Benali as co-commentator today. Nice and impartial? But to be fair, he was OK.

whats with the nufc scarf on our shirt today?

#unitedasone

Great win. The bloke sat next to me walked in as the teams were coming out - he took one look at the rainbow flag, described it as sad and then  made a derogatory comment (which he then repeated twice during the game). Feels a bit sad I've got his seat number and am going to report it. No one likes a tell tale but equally I feel that if I just let it go then people will just continue to get away with it.

#unitedasone

Great win. The bloke sat next to me walked in as the teams were coming out - he took one look at the rainbow flag, described it as sad and then  made a derogatory comment (which he then repeated twice during the game). Feels a bit sad I've got his seat number and am going to report it. No one likes a tell tale but equally I feel that if I just let it go then people will just continue to get away with it.

Get it done :thup:

#unitedasone

Please do, as a gay fan love seeing the rainbow flag, football stadiums can sometimes feel a bit like enemy territory.

#unitedasone

Couples times I’ve been this season I’ve heard inappropriate stuff, it goes unreported.

#unitedasone

Good stuff, you shouldn't feel any guilt :thup:

I f***ing hate Micahel Owen. Jake Humphries couldn't even be arsed to argue with him as he had already made his point and he didn't comprehend.

This definitely happened :lol:  Owen just repeated his point again without adding anything to counter the dismissal Humphries and Hargreaves delivered. 

#unitedasone

Please do, as a gay fan love seeing the rainbow flag, football stadiums can sometimes feel a bit like enemy territory.

I will do mate don't worry - its got to be eradicated and the only way to do that is to ensure there are consequences. I will confess I bottled it a bit - I could and should have said something to him/a steward but didn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

What did Owen say? Oh wait, I don’t care about whatever he said or has to say, he’s about as interesting, insightful and luminous as a brick the horse molesting movie Nazi fat dwarf footballing cripple Champions League here’s what you could have won ha ha selfish prick cunt that he is. I hope the next horse he looks up at takes a dive and crushes the twat before getting back up rubbing its hooves while riding off in celebration in glee with a big fat cheesy grin, Neville Southall looking on remarking yeah well done Ed, he used to play for Stoke. Owen crushed, a future plumped in a chair talking about Ayoze Perez for some phone company 7.30 at night on a Good Friday where only a few die hard NUFC fans from the internet are paying any attention to while the country is out drinking pink gin and Fosters. At least Bob Hoskins got his own advert.

Nice Jenas pulling up Shearer for being too kind to the ref

Can't believe Al there like, if that isn't a goalscoring opportunity nothing is.

He was saying due to the distance from goal by the letter of the law it’s not a red - what’s wrong with that?

Can't believe Al there like, if that isn't a goalscoring opportunity nothing is.

He was saying due to the distance from goal by the letter of the law it’s not a red - what’s wrong with that?

Cos it's still a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I think shearer is right on that, it is in the law to be fair but Jenas is also completely right to point out that it's as much a missed goal scoring opportunity as further down the pitch especially considering pace of almiron and yellow isn't enough of a punishment. Shearer doesn't take into account it being a fair punishment instead wants to sympathise with ref

Shearer himself wasn't the quickest, maybe that's why he couldn't get his head round it being a goal scoring opportunity.

Shearer literally said "I know they're probably gonna go on and score, but..." Of course he knew it was a goalscoring opportunity, he was just referring to whatever the rulebook says. Then Jenas said the rules are stupid.

Shearer literally said "I know they're probably gonna go on and score, but..." Of course he knew it was a goalscoring opportunity, he was just referring to whatever the rulebook says. Then Jenas said the rules are stupid.

Basically this - he was going off the rule book

Shearer himself wasn't the quickest, maybe that's why he couldn't get his head round it being a goal scoring opportunity.

Wat