Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

My own personal opinion is that Rafa didn't go along with spending £36m of his limited budget on Joelinton because he would rather have bought two or three proven high quality players for that money, but they would have less resale value. But with those players he could have built a genuinely strong team.

Ashley's model is a team which survives, but which buys appreciating assets when it comes to players, regardless of how they gel as a team.

Basically this is why Bruce is here.

It's not clear precisely what Rafa wanted, but how easy is it to get 'two or three proven high quality players' for £36m? You have to beat off a fair bit of competition.

The modern Spurs side was built on a number of very lucrative excursions into the transfer market - Berbatov, Bale, Modric - where they got some good seasons from them and then sold them on at a big profit. To get to another level, we have to take a bit of a gamble, and I think Joelinton represents that.

You would have to go for the older player market, like Rondon as NEEJ mentioned in his post. £16m on Rondon, maybe a couple of 29/30 yr old defenders or midfielders for £10m. Rafa is going to see experience and ready made quality in those players, Ashley is going to see resale fees down the drain.

as much as i have been a bit cheeky with seymour you have to give it to him for arguing his side fairly and openly. there are times when i would just like to give in and go to the match again, but i dont know how i could justify it when so many people have sacrificed as well

'Trollin' trollin' trollin'

Trollin' trollin' trollin'

Rawhide!

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'

Though the streams are swollen

Keep them dogies trollin', rawhide'

and so on...

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

Ofcourse the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Thats my opinion which I'm entitled too.

Would you miss one game, just to see? Or is that asking a bit too much? Do I need to go and ask the other 44,999 people you expect to turn up, face to face, if they'll boycott before you do?

There are some right spineless, selfish, bricks in the wall out there. Match going fans like Seymour are worse cancers than Ashley. Set of c***s the lot of them!

Calling me a cancer :lol:

If 45k+ are cancers to the club then why not go to the ground and tell them all that then?

Why not do something about it to get rid off these 45k+ cancers?

If I felt as strongly as you and I thought boycotting would get rid of him, then I certainly would.

Why not do something about the fans going to the ground?

What? A picket line in effect. Approach strangers outside of SJP and say 'Hoo yee, i think you're a c*** for going to the game' which probably leads to physical violence in font of a heavy police presence and all on CCTV. Sensible.

Aye, why not mate? Why not stop those nasty cancerous supporters from going to the game?

Surely if boycotting gets rid off Ashley and those supporters are still going to games then you should be doing something?

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

Ofcourse the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Would you miss one game, just to see? Or is that asking a bit too much? Do I need to go and ask the other 44,999 people you expect to turn up, face to face, if they'll boycott before you do?

Aye, why not do that?

Fans who go to games are worse than Mike Ashley, cancerous cretins apparently, they're holding your football club back by going to games?

Why not go tell them how you feel? You obviously feel very strong about it

Aye, why not do that?

Fans who go to games are worse than Mike Ashley, cancerous cretins apparently, they're holding your football club back by going to games?

So you won't miss one game?

Also, I've not actually said that the fans who go to games are worse than Ashley, or cancer etc.

If the attendances dropped to 35k it would definitely make Mike a bit more willing to sell like. That's a hefty drop in income alone, then you would have a half empty stadium which reduces the value of the brand and the appeal to sponsors and companies paying to be associated with the club. Can't really count SD among those as they don't pay, but it would still look bad for them to have their names plastered over empty stands.

Aye, why not do that?

Also, I've not actually said that the fans who go to games are worse than Ashley, or cancer etc.

One game will do f*** all man!!!

Other supporters have

Aye, why not do that?

One day will do fuck all man!!!

Other supporters have

What about a half empty stadium week in week out as I mentioned above? You don't think that will affect Ashley?

Aye, why not do that?

One game will do f*** all man!!!

Other supporters have

Yeah, but I haven't, so no need to label me with that.

So your answer is "no, I won't miss one game"?

Aye, why not do that?

One day will do f*** all man!!!

Other supporters have

What about a half empty stadium week in week out as I mentioned above? You don't think that will affect Ashley?

Its less revenue, so he would be less happy obviously.

But no I don't think that would make him sell the club, ticket revenue is a small percentage of his income.

I mean it's ridiculous. We've literally got rid of one bad owner in our lifetimes by acting together. And now people are saying that there's no point trying to act together to get rid of a bad owner.

:lol:

I guess McKeag just left because he got bored? Left when he wanted to, nothing to do with the fans.

Is that what you think? That all the protests back then were utterly pointless?

Mckeag had a willing buyer/consortium that fought for years buying shares.

Who's doing that now?