Top ten chants of 2006.

Optimistic Nut

According to a BBC website poll.

"World Cup - and you ****** it up!"

All four sides of the ground during Everton-Arsenal game, including away fans, chanting at Graham Poll, who showed three yellow cards to the same player in the World Cup.

"If you made a lot of money selling biscuits, buy our club."

West Ham fans to new owner, biscuit baron Eggert Magnusson, to the tune of the old Club biscuit TV advert.

"Put Your hands up for Dirk Kuyt - he loves this city!" (To the tune and rhythm of 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit').

Liverpool fans to striker Dirk Kuyt.

"All bling and Burberry, high teenage pregnancy, no father on the scene, all robbing cash machines!"

A chant that Sittingbourne fans sing to local rivals Chatham (to the tune of Verdi's La Donna e Mobile).

"Mourinho are you listening, you'd better keep our trophy glistening, coz we'll be back in May to take it away, walking in a Fergie Wonderland!"

Manchester United fans taunt Chelsea to the tune of Winter Wonderland.

"What's that coming over the hill? It's Michael Chopra! It's Michael Chopra!"

Cardiff City fans to their striker (to the tune of 'Monster' by The Automatic). There have been many imitations since then, but this is the original and best.

"He's fat, he's round, he's kicked us out our ground, Robbie Williams, Robbie Williams."

Scotland fans at Parkhead after the game was moved because of a Robbie gig at Hampden.

"There's only one Emile Heskey, one Emile Heskey, he used to be s***e, but now he's all right, walkin' in a Heskey wonderland."

Wigan fans to Emile Heskey (to the tune of Winter Wonderland - apparently Birmingham fans had a similar version).

"Ben-jani, who-ah-whoh whoh...he comes from Zimbabwe, he'll score eventually."

Pompey fans to striker Benjani Mwarawari.

"Geordies at home, watching The Bill."

Sung by Boro fans during the second leg of their Uefa Cup semi-final at the Riverside.

From that list (apart from 10 which is surely a joke), love the West Ham, Kuyt & Robbie Williams ones.  :lol:

van persie, when the girl says no, moleste her

always makes me laugh  bluebiggrin.gif

its hilarious because he got cleared of all charges. HAHAHAHA!!!

"All bling and Burberry, high teenage pregnancy, no father on the scene, all robbing cash machines!"

A chant that Sittingbourne fans sing to local rivals Chatham (to the tune of Verdi's La Donna e Mobile).

that one made me laugh :thup:

Talking of chants, and while I don't really like singing anti-Mackem songs, why haven't we had a return of the,

"Cheer up Roy Keane,

oh what can it mean.

To a sad Mackem b*stard

and a sh*te football team"

classic? It actually rhymes perfectly now with Keane instead of Reid!

Talking of chants, and while I don't really like singing anti-Mackem songs, why haven't we had a return of the,

"Cheer up Roy Keane,

oh what can it mean.

To a sad Mackem b*stard

I thought it was...

Fuck off Roy Keane,

Oh what can it mean?

to a dog wanking paddy bastard

with a shite football team.

van persie, when the girl says no, moleste her

always makes me laugh  bluebiggrin.gif

its hilarious because he got cleared of all charges. HAHAHAHA!!!

yes, he did; but the actual chant is amusing whether true or not!

"loyalist supporters" - i'd hazard a guess that 60-70% aren't but it's still a good chant.......

this was the one I voted for on the bbc website. Class! (Particularly if you've ever been to Chatham.... very apt!)

Guest Invicta_Toon

this was the one I voted for on the bbc website. Class! (Particularly if you've ever been to Chatham.... very apt!)

apart from the fact that Sittingbourne is for the people who can't afford to live in Chatham, and that's saying something

apart from the fact that Sittingbourne is for the people who can't afford to live in Chatham, and that's saying something

Yeah, this may well be true (I worked in Sittingbourne this summer.. what a place..) but it doesn't detract from the fact Chatham seems to have more scutters in the town centre than anywhere else I've ever been.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yeah, this may well be true (I worked in Sittingbourne this summer.. what a place..) but it doesn't detract from the fact Chatham seems to have more scutters in the town centre than anywhere else I've ever been.

it is chav central for Kent (that's charver to geordies)

Correct. It's a shocking place!

Like F*** the Arsenal fans were singing it. They were delighted Poll won the game for them after 15mins.

I thought you drew 1-1? Unless you've played again since?

Yeah, in the league cup at Goodison. Poll sent McFadden off, straight red for swearing with about 15mins gone.

Like F*** the Arsenal fans were singing it. They were delighted Poll won the game for them after 15mins.

Yeah, in the league cup at Goodison. Poll sent McFadden off, straight red for swearing with about 15mins gone.

Being called a fucking cheat is acceptable, of course. :roll:

Correct. It's a shocking place!

:lol: I live there. Well in a village on the outskirts of it.

And i've heard that one being sung to Gills fans as well.

Being called a f***ing cheat is acceptable, of course. :roll:

1) McFadden still maintains he said "fucking shit"

2) Consistency. When was the last time you'd heard of a straight red for swearing? Funny how in the following weeks when Rooney was clearly seen on camera swearing in Poll's face he didn't even get a telling off or a yellow  card.

"Cheer up Roy Keane,

oh what can it mean.

To a sad Mackem b*stard

I thought it was...

Fuck off Roy Keane,

Oh what can it mean?

to a dog wanking paddy bastard

with a shite football team.

:lol:  THAT IS QUALITY

Being called a f***ing cheat is acceptable, of course. :roll:

1) McFadden still maintains he said "fucking shit"

Which, of course, is also perfectly acceptable.

Guest Keithy-Boy

heard a belter from a west ham fan the other day;

(tune of i am the music man i come from far away)

Yossi Benayoun, he comes from Israel

and he can play

where can he play???

Right back Left back Centre Midfield

Right Midfield Left Midfield!!

repeat

also a man u fan who hates chelsea with a passion went through there entire squad singing, for example,

"john terry is gay,

john terry is gaaa,aaay,

john terry is gay,

he takes it up the arse"

and so on and so on

the song took about 20 bloody minutes!!