Bye bye Bramble?

sempuki

Neither going backwards nor forwards if we do that.

And yeah, he scored the goal against Chelsea and he had a decent run in the side. But as i've said countless times before - it's a shame how people persist with a handful of decent games per season. When the rest is largely crap.

I can see your side of the argument, Bramble has cost us points with his mistakes but than so have others. My point is that our squad is tiny and if it's relatively cheap to keep Bramble then I'd keep him.

I know mate, the squad's thin. But if we get rid of Bramble, and bring in one defender, the squad doesn't get any thinner yet it improves considerably. We've been on the lookout for a defender for yonks and it'll be a universal catastrophy, aswell as a big shock, if we don't get one in Jan... so i'm not really bothered. I'll just be relieved to get him off our books.

How can you trust the club to replace him when they haven't even replaced Boumsong yet?

I know mate - you can be forgiven for not trusting Roeder to do the business in the transfer window. But i think a centre-back has been one of his priorities since June... he just never got his act together. I'll be absolutely stunned if we don't see one coming through the doors in January, it would just defy all logic.

Ramage, Taylor and Hunty are embarrasing titus bramble right now. It would suprise me Roeder didn't renew his contract because i always thought glenn was a big fan of him. Hopefully we can get som sort of fee for him but him being noy being at the club will save us money in different ways.

Would like to see moores renewed though.

Guest Deep456

Even if they don't come in Roeder has already said Bramble's contract won't be renewed.

The fact that you said that I get everything wrong, is becoming funnier by the day tbh.

He did I swear over the summer. It also said Ipswich would come in for him in the summer of 2007. It was on SSN aswell.

Even if they don't come in Roeder has already said Bramble's contract won't be renewed.

The fact that you said that I get everything wrong, is becoming funnier by the day tbh.

He did I swear over the summer.

Aye he did, just none of the media or the fans picked up on it  :thup:

Guest Deep456

Aye he did, just none of the media or the fans picked up on it :thup:

Omg ok fine ill find a link. To prove so. If im right you will say sorry to me.

Why should I find YOU a link to prove some bollocks you have been talking AGAIN?

Roeder didn't say anything of the sort, the only thing he has said about Brambles contract is that they wont be talking about it until after January!

Guest Deep456

Why should I find YOU a link to prove some bollocks you have been talking AGAIN?

Roeder didn't say anything of the sort, the only thing he has said about Brambles contract is that they wont be talking about it until after January!

When did I ask you to find a link? I said ill which means I will. Please mate learn to read.

Guest Deep456

Ok find that link and I will say sorry, if you can't how about you stop posting for a month. Deal?

For a week you also have to say ur my master aswell if I win.

Ok find that link and I will say sorry, if you can't how about you stop posting for a month. Deal?

For a week you also have to say ur my master aswell if I win.

:jesus:

Ok I agree, do you not realise when reading through this thread that Roeder has obviously not said anything like that otherwise people wouldn't be talking about him getting a new contract? You honestly think that every single person on this whole forum has missed this comment from Roeder and the media just brought it up once and then decided not to bother with it again?

Guest NSMagpie

How on earth can that be good news ? Here we are with a massively weakend squad and you lot get excited at us selling another player. Titus looked like a better player since the promise of a new contract if he upped his game. Gives him a new 2 years deal and if we do sell then do it at the end of the season and not now.

Also if it is to Fulham I would be as awkward as possible over the deal, see how that fker likes it.

IMHO, if Roeder wants to sell Bramble, there must be some new central defender coming to Newcastle.

Bramble's pre-injury form was rising, but he simply lacks consistency and composure that are essential for any top-class defender. And if we want to be a Champions League club, we need top-class defenders, esp. in the central positions, not Brambles.

However, if there are no solid central-backs ready to pull on black and white stripes in January, you're quite right, we should extend his contract and wait 'til June, and then sell him to highest bidder (if any, other than Fulham).

Deep, where does Roeder say it?

Read post above I said I meant club not Roeder.

Well it's bollocks tbh from a site that i've never read anything on in my life. Roder said in the summer that Bramble was going to have to play for a new contract, and that they weren't going to discuss anything until the turn of the New Year or something like that. No one at the club has ever said that Bramble's contract is definitely not going to be renewed.

I think this is one of those moments where a manager earns his money. Roeder's got improvements out of some of our squad (Butt) and Bramble was starting to improve before he got crocked. On the other hand he's probably on a healthy wage and he was by no means the finished article...

If Roeder keeps him he's got to get him playing better than he has been, if he can't then we'll have to sell the player and it's a mark against the manager. If Roeder can turn him round - probably by teaching him to concentrate for an entire game - then credit to Glenn and well done.

500k is fair money for someone at this stage of their contract, and I'd guess our finances are so tight that getting Bramble (or someone) off the wage bill might be a necessary prerequisite to making signings in January. Getting shot of Luque should free up the money for a squad player or two mind