Bye bye Bramble?

sempuki

We have enough players to replace in Jan window, getting another CB may be funds we just don't have, Moore does not look like making a return anytime soon and we are down to the bare bones. If we give him a new contract it helps get a better price in the summer for him. I am not saying keep him forever, but that to sell him now would be crazy

Guest the_serbian_mag

I think a mil is a more fair price. Oh well, let em go for nowt asap....

Bringing SWP on loan will result in Milner not playing and leaving probably. As we have seen,  he can't play on the left wing. Sooooo.....  It would be better to take Bridge or GEremi off Chesea rather than SWP, althoug I'm a fan of his pre-chhelski performances...

Bramble has done fuck all at this club. He is incompetent and always has been.

And always will be. He won't develop into a good player - it isn't going to happen, and i've grown increasingly bored of the last three managers, for the past four years, promising us that he's the next big thing. He's not. He's shit and we need to get rid of him ASAP.

Pressley's available for free, he's adequate for squad numbers. And we were going to buy a centre-back anyway.

Just get rid. He doesn't deserve a place at the club. 5 or 6 good games a season does nowt for me tbh.

Just had a horrible thought, Knight swap deal  bluebigeek.gif bluecry.gif

rest easy, Knight has just broke his jaw. so any swap deal is probably dead and buried.

Don't tell anyone but I had to make sure he wasnt coming  bluewink.gif

Just had a horrible thought, Knight swap deal  bluebigeek.gif bluecry.gif

rest easy, Knight has just broke his jaw. so any swap deal is probably dead and buried.

This is Newcastle we're talking about. bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Deep456

I bet we sell him then don't sign any defenders, like we did with Boumsong. Then when everyone gets injured (which they no doubt will) our back four will consist of Solano, Ramage, Butt and Huntington - and that's being optimistic!

SSN today they anounced Roeder has named transfer targets they are Gareth Bale and the Derby kid by the name Gile Barnes.

Bramble has done F*** all at this club.

Pressley's available for free, he's adequate for squad numbers.

Bramble scored the goal against Chelsea in the last game of the season that got us into Europe.

Pressley is 33 years old.

Moore is injury prone and has pretty much said he's off at the end of the season. Bramble has a lot of critics but I'd have no problem keeping him as a squad player. If he really wants to stay at Newcastle maybe the club could get away with paying him less. Offer him a 1 year contract.

Bramble has done F*** all at this club.

Pressley's available for free, he's adequate for squad numbers.

Bramble scored the goal against Chelsea in the last game of the season that got us into Europe.

Pressley is 33 years old.

Moore is injury prone and has pretty much said he's off at the end of the season. Bramble has a lot of critics but I'd have no problem keeping him as a squad player. If he really wants to stay at Newcastle maybe the club could get away with paying him less. Offer him a 1 year contract.

Neither going backwards nor forwards if we do that.

And yeah, he scored the goal against Chelsea and he had a decent run in the side. But as i've said countless times before - it's a shame how people persist with a handful of decent games per season. When the rest is largely crap.

Excellent news!

We should sell all our players at a 90% loss, that would certainly help the club move forward and pay off its £85m+ debts!

:thup:

Like we were ever going to get back the £4.5m or whatever it was we initially paid for him. May aswell cash in slightly now, than get nowt for him on the summer. Bet his wages are pretty big aswell, he's been a first team regular for the past four seasons*.

*Mind boggles.

Guest Invicta_Toon

HE IS AWFULL

the very fact that Fulham think he is Fulham quality should be the last nail in this busted flush's coffin

And yeah, he scored the goal against Chelsea and he had a decent run in the side. But as i've said countless times before - it's a shame how people persist with a handful of decent games per season. When the rest is largely crap.

I can see your side of the argument, Bramble has cost us points with his mistakes but than so have others. My point is that our squad is tiny and if it's relatively cheap to keep Bramble then I'd keep him.

Excellent news!

We should sell all our players at a 90% loss, that would certainly help the club move forward and pay off its £85m+ debts!

:thup:

Like we were ever going to get back the £4.5m or whatever it was we initially paid for him. May aswell cash in slightly now, than get nowt for him on the summer. Bet his wages are pretty big aswell, he's been a first team regular for the past four seasons*.

*Mind boggles.

We got £2m for Andy O'Brien, we can gt £2m for Bramble if we re-sign him.

Letting him go for £500k is just stupid, i'd rather keep him for that amount, which is just a little over a months wages for Owen.

I can see your side of the argument, Bramble has cost us points with his mistakes but than so have others. My point is that our squad is tiny and if it's relatively cheap to keep Bramble then I'd keep him.

I know mate, the squad's thin. But if we get rid of Bramble, and bring in one defender, the squad doesn't get any thinner yet it improves considerably. We've been on the lookout for a defender for yonks and it'll be a universal catastrophy, aswell as a big shock, if we don't get one in Jan... so i'm not really bothered. I'll just be relieved to get him off our books.

Guest Jose Habib

If we don't have anyone better to replace him, then we shouldn't sell him.  Plenty of worse players in the squad than Bramble tbh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

With Distin in the same contract position as Bramble you could probably do a straight swap in terms of initial fees. Distin may command a higher wage.

It will also help having Sibierski here, and for the Zog it will be a great replacement for Boumsong

I know mate, the squad's thin. But if we get rid of Bramble, and bring in one defender, the squad doesn't get any thinner yet it improves considerably. We've been on the lookout for a defender for yonks and it'll be a universal catastrophy, aswell as a big shock, if we don't get one in Jan... so i'm not really bothered. I'll just be relieved to get him off our books.

How can you trust the club to replace him when they haven't even replaced Boumsong yet?