Bolton v Newcastle. Pre-match talk,teams,predictions etc.etc.

Guest Deep456

I'd like to see the exact same team that beat Tottenham, with Huntington starting ahead of Babayaro. I don't think Milner deserves to loose his place just because Duff is fit again, he has been one of our most consistent performers all season. Would like to have Bramble fit for this one cause Ramage WILL struggle to beat Davies in the air.

I think we'll get a draw, though Boltons tough tackling might be risky with the pace of some of our players so if we're lucky they'll go easy on us or get sent off.

If your seriously suggesting putting shambles back into the team/our defence then its very hard to take you seriously and i'm very glad your not picking the team!! Our defence at the moment is as solid as its been for a very very long time largely because (amongst other factors) Shambles has not been in it! Criminal to break up the defence at the moment. ramage and taylor are as brave as they come with headers and tackles and Hunty at 6'3 looks pretty good too. Whilst Shambles is good in the air, he often goes missing lets the player he's supposed to be marking get away from him and has very poor positional sense/any sense, this would be a horendous decision.

Duff is a quality player no doubts in my mind at all about this, although its true we haven't seen his best form so far, but like Martins he's quality and WILL come good, its very very nice to have the luxuary choice of playing him or Milner. Milners played well lately and i'd start with him and look to bring on Duff from the bench at some point. Great sub to have!!  :)

Tough game here, when ever you play Bolton the key to getting a good result is how your full backs deal with Bolton long diagonal ball which often is aimed at Kevin Davies who gets himself positioned playing off the oppositions left back or right back and others like Nolan, Diouf, Speed, Anelka will look for the second balls.

one thing i was very impressed with our own game was our percentages of winning second balls and 50/50's against Spurs. its very importent we do win as much second balls and 50/50's again against Bolton especially for the amount of second balls that come of Kevin Davies.

Given

Solano        Taylor     Ramage      Babayaro

Parker

Dyer

Milner                                              Duff

Sibierski

Martins

(Sub, Rossi, Emre, Butt, Huntington, Pav)

Prediction Bolton 1 v 2 Newcastle United Anelka, Martins X2

Given

Solano       Taylor        Ramage      Babayaro

Parker

Dyer

Milner                                             Duff

Sibierski

Martins

(Sub, Rossi, Emre, Butt, Huntington, Pav)

Very brave attacking team!!

We need to win the midfield though so butt and Emre have to play imo

Its a tough choice, I would not want to be dropping Emre his work rate in fantastic, gets amongst it and does his best to unsettle them. He was not to good though when played outwide against Spuds, IF Roeder does play him wide left again I hope he has drilled in to him to hug the line and stop thier fullnack pushing on.

I'd like to see the exact same team that beat Tottenham, with Huntington starting ahead of Babayaro. I don't think Milner deserves to loose his place just because Duff is fit again, he has been one of our most consistent performers all season. Would like to have Bramble fit for this one cause Ramage WILL struggle to beat Davies in the air.

I think we'll get a draw, though Boltons tough tackling might be risky with the pace of some of our players so if we're lucky they'll go easy on us or get sent off.

If your seriously suggesting putting shambles back into the team/our defence then its very hard to take you seriously and i'm very glad your not picking the team!! Our defence at the moment is as solid as its been for a very very long time largely because (amongst other factors) Shambles has not been in it! Criminal to break up the defence at the moment. ramage and taylor are as brave as they come with headers and tackles and Hunty at 6'3 looks pretty good too. Whilst Shambles is good in the air, he often goes missing lets the player he's supposed to be marking get away from him and has very poor positional sense/any sense, this would be a horendous decision.

I agree, Ramage and Taylor have been terrific. But I remember Ramage had some trouble with Darius Hendersons physical presence, Kevin Davies will rip him apart. Bramble is bigger, stronger and better in the air. But I would be happy to see Ramage prove me wrong.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I agree, Ramage and Taylor have been terrific. But I remember Ramage had some trouble with Darius Hendersons physical presence, Kevin Davies will rip him apart. Bramble is bigger, stronger and better in the air. But I would be happy to see Ramage prove me wrong.

Good point. Ramage is physically weak as a central defender and the fact that Taylor is the only one who is strong in the air make us very vulnerable on set pieces.....I hope we will play the Sib as he can help defending set pieces too!

NUFC: Given, Srnicek, Krul, Solano, Babayaro, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Krul

Solano --- Taylor --- Ramage --- Huntington

Milner --- Parker --- Butt --- Emre

Dyer --- Martins

Subs: Srnicek, Edgar, Duff, Rossi, Sibierski

Krul if Given is definitely unfit, which i desperately hope he isn't against an improving Bolton attack.

Defense picks itself as far as i am concerned. If Bramble and Moore even have a sniff at sneaking back into the first team defense, Roeder want's a bullet. Huntington is progressing well at left-back, looking forward to seeing more of him.

Some tough choices in midfield. It's hard to leave Parker out after such an impressive performance against Tottenham, although my first choice central-midfield pair is still Emre-Butt. I'm going to use the excuse that Duff isn't fit enough to start yet, so i'll keep the midfield that spanked Spurs. Emre needs to learn how to help out Hunty, though. It could be one of Anelka/Davies/Diouf up against Huntington, so we need to rely on a big performance from Emre today down the left, no disrespect to Huntington.

Upfront, Dyer and Martins - dynamic duo. When they play together, they play off each other. They score goals.

Guest smoggeordie

Did I hear right on the radio? Has Edgar made the starting lineup?

Good on the lad if he has. He's been far better than Huntington in the reserves.

Wanderers: Jaaskelainen, Ben Haim, Meite, Faye, Hunt, Davies, Speed, Campo, Nolan, Diouf, Anelka. Subs: Al Habsi, Gardner, Vaz Te, Tal, Pedersen.

Magpies: Srnicek, Sibierski, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Dyer, Butt, Parker, Milner, Edgar, Martins. Subs: Emre, Luque, Pattison, Rossi, Krul

Srnicek

Huntington  Taylor  Ramage  Edgar

Dyer  Butt  Parker  Milner

Sibierski  Martins

or

Srnicek

Huntington  Taylor  Ramage  Edgar

Milner    Butt    Parker

Dyer  Sibierski  Martins

Babayaro, Solano and Duff don't even make the bench.

I hope he is being cautious with the Everton game in mind.

An entire ex-academy back line. Good luck lads.

Babayaor missing out is a good thing.

Shame about Nobby and Duff.

Who could ever have predicted an academy back four protecting a 38-year old Pavel Srnicek in the Premiership?

It's a brave decision from Roeder. Emre at left-back or Parker at right-back may have been the less risky option.

Once I read in Guardian that someone was asking whether Arsenal's defense against Chelsea, average age of 21, was the youngest in the history of the Premiership.

Certainly they ain't now: Ramage 23, Tayler 20, Huntington 19, Edgar 19. Our average is 20.25.

Guest TheOrder

Edgar is quite capable, although I don't think Bolton would normally be his ideal debut appearance.

Howay the lads, do us fucking proud.