NUFC Wishlist / Football Wishlist

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

Football wish list

Do away with international friendlies

Do away with qualifiers for international tournaments, everyone gets to qualify and create one big stage of group stages and then knock out games from there on in. A bit like the FA Cup. 

Do away with the European Nations Cup

Champions League - league winners only

Bring back the Cup winners Cup and UEFA Cup

League cup for football league teams only, not PL teams

PL teams not allowed to loan players to each other

Every team must have a quota of homegrown players and a quota of under 23 players from academy

No managerial changes during a season

Wage caps

Transfer fees caps

Agent fees caps

Fan ownership 51%

Fan trusts legal requirements for every club, legal requirement they sit on board of FA, PL, FL etc.

All revenues generated by a club to remain in that club, no dividends or payouts

4 teams to be relegated, 4 teams to be promoted

Scrap the play off system, top 4 get promoted in that order

Scrap VAR

Train ex players to  become refs

Any player, official, manager etc. being racist, homophobic etc. banned for life

Clubs/teams with racist/abusive fans docked points/banned from tournaments

NUFC - total reboot from top to bottom

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In that case, I agree.

I wouldn’t have Peter Kenyon anywhere near a bath tub never mind a football club, he’s a vile human being!

Grass roots investment in schools is key as I believe the children are our future. Improve coaching skills: Teach them well and let them lead the way. It’s not all about football though, they need social skills to show them all the beauty they possess inside and give them a sense of pride to make it easier. It needs to be fun, let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be. 

Edited by RS

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, RS said:

Grass roots investment in schools is key as I believe the children are our future. Improve coaching skills: Teach them well and let them lead the way. It’s not all about football though, they need social skills to show them all the beauty they possess inside and give them a sense of pride to make it easier. It needs to be fun, let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be. 

Yes, make it more than just about playing, teach them social skills, respect for other cultures, races etc. Teach them about healthy living, diets etc. To be fair a lot of grassroots clubs do that thankfully.

Edited by HTT II

Make football more accessible for young people, through to college / uni students. There's no point charging £50 an hour for pitches if they're constantly empty.

Ban shit parents from being anywhere near matches.

Standardise training and randomise squads at early ages. There's absolutely no need to have a superstar squad of the best young under 7's that destroy / humiliate their opposition. Professional clubs / councils should take responsibility for organising the structure to ensure a good standard across the board.

Outlaw the sale of "FIFA packs". It breeds cuntery at an early age.

Get rid of VAR.

Allow proper goal celebrations.

Ban 'members only' ticket sales. ST holders should still have first refusal.

Ban players from talking behind their hands.

Take control of agents.

Take control of owners and introduce annual checks.

Make midweek games free for away fans.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Yes, make it more than just about playing, teach them social skills, respect for other cultures, races etc. Teach them about healthy living, diets etc. To be fair a lot of grassroots clubs do that thankfully.

100% this.

Great idea for a thread. I'd post my thoughts but they've already been outlined by posts above. It's so frustrating as its incredibly easy for the owner to make the right decisions for the club and to get the fans on side.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

What’s wrong with Peter Kenyon?

He’s a football mercenary as much as any bad owner, agent etc.