Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7 the risk is there, especially if Ashley is still strangling our finances.  However, while the bad run did send drop into the bottom three for a while the wins we have picked up has put us back in fairly decent place.

We are only a couple of more wins away from being seen as comfortable.

It all depends on Ashley tho.  :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

I was just thinking earlier about how at this point in our last relegation season we only had 1 point less than we do this season, which made me feel a bit uneasy. However, I've just looked and from this point that season we only picked up another 3 points between now and 19th March, which is what did the real damage before Rafa took us from 24 points to 37 points in the space of 10 matches. I think this year is just about doable, but any poor runs, or good runs from other teams and we're screwed like.

I think the fact that there are currently so many other teams in it still is a massive advantage over the previous relegation season.  Arguably even Everton aren't safe yet (although highly unlikely to go down).  Win against Swansea or Burnley and we are in a great position.

I find it hard to compare to last time, we are so much more well managed and have much more committed players. The quality is probably worse, but quality players with no heart and organisation are absolutely useless.

As always, Rafa is the key.

Drawing at home to Villa around Christmas time was a stinker and one we really should have won - even as the third worst team in the league, we should've won. The Norwich defeat once Rafa had arrived was also particularly sore, having twice fought back.

Five points won against the bottom two teams that season. And only one against the team who finished 17th. Provides more evidence for how vital a win is on Saturday.

Drawing at home to Villa around Christmas time was a stinker and one we really should have won - even as the third worst team in the league, we should've won. The Norwich defeat once Rafa had arrived was also particularly sore, having twice fought back.

Five points won against the bottom two teams that season. And only one against the team who finished 17th. Provides more evidence for how vital a win is on Saturday.

That De Jong header  :fool: :fool:

Guest Howaythetoon

Villa away, Norwich away and the mackems at home.

I knew we were down when we lost to Norwich, it had that all too familiar envitable feeling about it that seems to follow this club.

I don't have that sense this time around though and while I believe we will go down unless we strengthen and start winning games against the likes of Swansea at home, these players and Rafa will do their utmost to keep us up. Basically last time around there was a sense of no hope whatsoever, not even Rafa coming in. This time there is lots of hope.

Looking at the bottom half of the table we have the best GD and the most wins.

Our position has been deflated down because we have lost too many matches rather than drawn.

8 out of our 12 defeats so far have been by a single goal. Huddersfield have lost 9 out of 10 times by at least two, 5 of them by at least three.

fwiw, Boro conceded one or no goals 22 times last season, but only managed 5 wins all season.

That De Jong header  :fool: :fool:

It’s all coming flooding back.  :whatdidido:

Clear handball as well by Olsson (I think) in the build up to the Norwich winner.

3rd vote, 3rd time I'm putting a 7 because things haven't changed since the first poll. It's looking less likely that Rafa will get the signings he needs, and other teams around us will strengthen or sack their managers to get bounces, 70% chance seems right.

Get some signings in that Rafa wants and it could make it easier to believe we'll stay up.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think anything's changed tbh. Middle table clubs are always susceptible to pushing on or falling behind. Not to mention that Wolves, Everton, Leicester, and Southampton (although not at the moment) are obvious mid-table quality teams.