The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m happy to say that I can see where you’re coming from re African & SA players looking elsewhere - no-one should be putting up with racist abuse anywhere in life, let alone on a football pitch.

My point was always that I’m not bothered if English clubs can’t compete for the best players if it means we have better ownership models.  I’ve no issue re the nationality of the players playing for NUFC - and the money reducing wouldn’t see a reduction in the number of foreign-born players playing would be my guess.

I’m aware of course where tribalism can lead - but for me in football terms it’s mainly good-natured.  Go to the Sunderland thread if you want to see what I mean - that’s tribalism but it’s just piss-taking rather than venom. 

This is where the confusion has come from because I wasn't talking about that in the post you responded too, and so thought you were speaking about what I had said.

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Right, I see.

That clears that up then.

I don’t think that’s contradictory or particularly confusing. The term racism can be used to identify a number of different things, from tribal impulses, to cultural biases, historic grievances, to outright racist convictions that are the foundation of an ideology. I think that racism and the term “racism” is fuzzier than anything Kaka just stated.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Most people would simply take a step back, reflect and apologise for such a batshit crazy opinion aimed at most of the population of England :lol:

Seen and heard too much man. I genuinely don't know anymore. Don't think it's simply a racism issue though, it's far more complicated than that.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is where the confusion has come from because I wasn't talking about that in the post you responded too, and so thought you were speaking about what I had said.

Fair enough Kaka, looks like some of this has been mutual misunderstanding - but I’d still ask you to rethink the notions of English people generally not wanting black players in the England side.  There are racists in England and racists in the press - but that doesn’t account for everyone

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I don’t think that’s contradictory or particularly confusing. The term racism can be used to identify a number of different things, from tribal impulses, to cultural biases, historic grievances, to outright racist convictions that are the foundation of an ideology. I think that racism and the term “racism” is fuzzier than anything Kaka just stated.

He's suggested that most England fans don't want black players playing for the country. I'm not sure how much more explicitly you could get to calling people racist.

"I'm not racist, but I don't like it when black players play for England" sounds like a parody RTG post.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Speaking of massive racists (not really), you been listening to any more Cumtown?

Listened to maybe the second or third most recent one the other day. “I can’t wait to ruin a child” was said in the opening ten mins or so. Had me creased. “I can’t wait to ruin a child……send him off to war for the resources man”

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Fair enough Kaka, looks like some of this has been mutual misunderstanding - but I’d still ask you to rethink the notions of English people generally not wanting black players in the England side.  There are racists in England and racists in the press - but that doesn’t account for everyone

Eh. I thought Kaka was English [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah. Lets just leave it here, because it appears I'm just not doing a good job of getting my point across.

I would say this though, if you have any really good friends that are black and that you can really speak freely with. Just ask them what their thoughts are on what I said, I think you might be a bit saddened by what you hear from them.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Listened to maybe the second or third most recent one the other day. “I can’t wait to ruin a child” was said in the opening ten mins or so. Had me creased. “I can’t wait to ruin a child……send him off to war for the resources man”

:lol: Nick talking about how he'd be a deadbeat dad over years is a classic.

You should start from the beginning now,  go on the full journey 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

:lol: Nick talking about how he'd be a deadbeat dad over years is a classic.

You should start from the beginning now,  go on the full journey 

I should aye. When i cba to talk to anyone at work I just have a quick scroll down and see whatever episode I land on and play that. 

Was absolutely buzzing with your recommendation of cumtown. Then absolutely gutted when you told me two posts later the pod was finished. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Mad. I just assumed you were some young lad from the north east. :lol:

Ha! That's funny actually. Been on here too long it's rubbed off on me!

32 minutes ago, Smal said:

it's correct to challenge it and I'd disagree with what he said and especially how he said it; but at the same I can also completely understand why KaKa might be extremely weary and suspicious of white English folk, like :lol:. We do not have the best history with this kind of thing. 

We don’t and you’re right

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I should aye. When i cba to talk to anyone at work I just have a quick scroll down and see whatever episode I land on and play that. 

Was absolutely buzzing with your recommendation of cumtown. Then absolutely gutted when you told me two posts later the pod was finished. 

I think there's about 1000 hours of episodes, you'll be fine. Nick and Adam are possibly going back to a podcast format for TAFS as well which sounds like non-Stav episodes of CT. Honestly buzzing for you to go through them, you have so much laughter to look forward to. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think there's about 1000 hours of episodes, you'll be fine. Nick and Adam are possibly going back to a podcast format for TAFS as well which sounds like non-Stav episodes of CT. Honestly buzzing for you to go through them, you have so much laughter to look forward to. 

I’ll make a start on Monday. I had one on the other night whilst I was painting the spare room with the window open. No idea if next door who were in the back garden having a bbq could hear or not, I hope they did. They were going on about Emily blunts tits

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’d have preferred it if you had said you were from the land of Taribo West. A real 90s throwback

Lets settle on Sunday Oliseh then. Another 90s legend, and one of my favourites from our golden era.

17 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

He's suggested that most England fans don't want black players playing for the country. I'm not sure how much more explicitly you could get to calling people racist.

"I'm not racist, but I don't like it when black players play for England" sounds like a parody RTG post.

Ok. My context is the US. I heard too many people -- white people (especially of my parents) generation manifest this contraction.

When they deny that the are a racist, they are denying that thay ideological racists. They are not racists by conviction. So in that sense, they are not racists.

But they are racists in their attitudes and language and many other ways  -- but they haven't had to think about racism because it has never had any effect in them. They completely unaware if their own racism. And the don't want or can't be bothered to think about it. (not joining the klan is enough for them to absolve themselves )