The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

Let’s move on - he’s apologised - good on him, if he doesn’t do it again then all good from side.

I’ll be honest. He made me feel uncomfortable about supporting my own club for the first time in ages. Hopefully he learns from it-we’re a wonderful club going in right direction.

Edited by Ronson333

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I genuinely don’t. I just want to win everything :lol:

Ditto. I've yet to meet a match going fan who is bothered by our ownership. I dont doubt they exist, just not in my circles. None of my match going crowd has said anything about it for the last two years. 😁 

The only negative I hear is from non NUFC fans or non football fans. 

It bothers me all the time and actively impairs my enjoyment of our (admittedly fantastic) results on the pitch. (To be fair, I'm no a regular match-goer so who cares what I think really.)

I'm not saying I don't have fun supporting the club, it's just that my enjoyment is somewhere around a 8/10 where it would be 10/10 if we just had normal competent owners who tried, even if they weren't as wealthy.

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

It bothers me all the time and actively impairs my enjoyment of our (admittedly fantastic) results on the pitch. (To be fair, I'm no a regular match-goer so who cares what I think really.)

I'm not saying I don't have fun supporting the club, it's just that my enjoyment is somewhere around a 8/10 where it would be 10/10 if we just had normal competent owners who tried, even if they weren't as wealthy.

The owners (as you see them) aren’t running the club. Just enjoy it.

16 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The owners (as you see them) aren’t running the club. Just enjoy it.

All of our owners etc are cunts in my eyes.  They are either Tory rich cunts or KSA.  I don't have to like them to keep supporting the club.

It's mutually exclusive for them to run the club well which translates to a better team and club.

Edited by El Prontonise

37 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Ditto. I've yet to meet a match going fan who is bothered by our ownership. I dont doubt they exist, just not in my circles. None of my match going crowd has said anything about it for the last two years. 😁 

The only negative I hear is from non NUFC fans or non football fans. 

I don’t know anyone who’s stopped being a fan over it, but I know numerous match going fans who harbour discomfort over it. (I’d be in that group myself when I move back)

It’s cringe chanting I agree, but a load of Newcastle fans on a night out drunkenly showing warmth to some Saudi tourists isn’t really the same as being an apologist for KSA’s human rights record surely? What should they be doing - lecturing them about their views on homosexuality and women?

10 hours ago, oldtype said:

I understand that and its correct we all have different views. Mine is that I'm not bothered who owns the club as long as they attempt to compete and run it to its maximum potential. SA ownership isn't ideal, but we dont live in an ideal world. 

In the last 20 years I've seen Man City go from being the 4th biggest club in the North West to completely dominating PL and now winning CL. Over a similar period Chelsea have gone from 4th biggest club in London to winning absolutely everything. I want just a fraction of that success at NUFC! And if PIF deliver that I'll be ecstatic 👍