Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

17 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Hashtag were also better than these by a considerable stretch mind

Aye maybe, but I remember the pompy game and I know it was only 2 - 1, but should have been 7 or 8 and the standard between the two teams that day was massive. Pompy are dominating their league, which of course Hashtag are in.

Edited by et tu brute

Just saw Forest (and Burnley) play twice before we next play, so the league could actually be won before out next match. In some ways it would be nice to actually seal it at home with a win, but the trophy could perhaps be presented vs Huddersfield with it being the final home match.

Edited by Paullow

Just now, Jack27 said:

Forest finished 1-1, what does that mean for us?

1 more win and we go up no matter what, I believe they play twice before we play again, so could be up in anyway.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

1 more win and we go up no matter what, I believe they play twice before we play again, so could be up in anyway.

Scenes

Burnley won, Forest drew

Newcastle p19 pts 52

Forest p17 pts 38

Burnley p16 pts 36

Forest can get a maximum of 53 points, Burnley can get a maximum of 54

Wednesday 3rd Burnley vs Fylde

Sunday 7th Burnley vs Huddersfield, Stourbridge vs Forest

Thurs 11th - Halifax vs Burnley, Huddersfield vs Forest

So 3 points for Newcastle in their final 3 games will officially seal the title, but it's basically a case of when and where it will be confirmed now. The 5 games listed above involving Burnley and Forest (before we next play) are all against the bottom 4, so on paper, bar Halifax (A) at a push, they should win them all comfortably, although if they are playing in such quick succession, matches may catch up with them. If Forest drop any points in the next two games, then they won't be able to catch Newcastle, but if Burnley get at least 7 points from their next 3 games, then the title won't be mathematically secured before we play Huddersfield at home on Sunday 14th, so I kind of hope that happens.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, iklgizmo said:

Can you get hospitality tickets for their games at KP? Can't seem to find anything 

I doubt KP even has corporate boxes